The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:39:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 213010 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 14, 2016, 10:08:50 PM »

If Trump loses a close election, I believe that Mike Pence will be the immediate frontrunner for 2020.  I view him as the big winner of this cycle, and the logical choice for the GOP to be unified. 

I believe that all the #NeverTrump crowd are non-starters.  If Kasich and Cruz really want to try again, they had better say, at a minimum, that they're "voting for the Republican ticket" even if they don't say any more than that.  They will be sealing their fate if they don't do at least that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 03:08:08 PM »

No. She's done, same with Bernie and even Michelle (wasn't likely anyways)

Democrats need someone fresh and new.

I'm not convinced she's done, but I'll bet her donors are.

If, somehow, she is absolved of all blame in the torrent of Clinton scandals, she might actually run, and might actually be nominated.  She'd have a case, in that she won the popular vote, and there may be buyer's remorse from the key constituencies in WI, PA, and MI that voted for Trump.  Trump may be so bad that folks might vote for Hillary to make amends, in the vein that Jim Carrey burned his clothes and took showers after figuring out that "Einhorn is a MAAAAAAAN!" in Ace Ventura:  Pet Detective

Of course, the probability of this is next to zero.  Even if Trump turns out horribly, the "You've failed TWICE!" argument will resonate with donors, and Hillary's NOTHING without them.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 07:36:13 PM »

Someone else who did some campaign events for Clinton in early primary states this past year: Former LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.  Villaraigosa briefly flirted with running for president himself in 2016 (back when Clinton was nominally undecided on running, so the prospect of a more wide open contests existed), and now chairs the “Latino Victory Fund”, “a PAC that supports candidates who “reflect Latino values,” according to the group’s website.”

He did events for Clinton in the primaries in various states, including early states Iowa and Nevada:

http://www.dailynews.com/government-and-politics/20160314/former-la-mayor-antonio-villaraigosa-stumps-for-clinton-slams-trump

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What about a return to elected office?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If it helps, he's running for Governor of California in 2018:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-governor-villaraigosa-20161110-story.html
He'd need this to be VICE President.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:45:14 PM »

Amy just doesn't seem that exciting of a candidate for President.

I think she is one of the most competent... and would do a great job... But I agree.

I think 2020 will need a Dem ticket that seems fresh & a bit more exciting.

Klobuchar would have beaten Trump; she'd have carried MI and WI.

Trump could never have attacked Klobuchar like he did Hillary and gotten away with it.  Klobuchar had none of the baggage Hillary had.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies