WI - Marquette University: Sanders up 4, Cruz up 10 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:34:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  WI - Marquette University: Sanders up 4, Cruz up 10 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI - Marquette University: Sanders up 4, Cruz up 10  (Read 12788 times)
Seriously?
United States

« on: March 30, 2016, 11:46:11 AM »

Link not working. Did they embargo it until 12:15 CST?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 05:09:50 PM »

Why are Republicans so happy? Shouldn't they be hoping Kasich wins here and not Cruz? Cruz is hardly more electable than Trump. On the Democratic side, I'll be surprised if Sanders does any worse than this, and he'll probably do better.
Why would I want what is basically a Democrat as the nominee of my party? I don't care who Kasich could beat. He might as well be Hillary Clinton on too many issues. Plus, you and I have the same chance of that bum getting the nomination on the first ballot.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 06:19:01 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2016, 06:22:16 PM by Seriously? »

Why are Republicans so happy? Shouldn't they be hoping Kasich wins here and not Cruz? Cruz is hardly more electable than Trump. On the Democratic side, I'll be surprised if Sanders does any worse than this, and he'll probably do better.
Why would I want what is basically a Democrat as the nominee of my party? I don't care who Kasich could beat. He might as well be Hillary Clinton on too many issues. Plus, you and I have the same chance of that bum getting the nomination on the first ballot.

LOL WUT. So you'd rather lose than win with an electable candidate? This is why the GOP base is batsh*t insane these days.

Yes. I would rather lose. The party has lost its soul. And if it basically steals the nomination away from a conservative, I am not willing to hold my nose and vote for more of the same GOP-e Democrat-lite uni-party nonsense.

Kasich is not electable. He's unknown. Huge difference at this stage in the game. The MSM will go put their pom-poms on for Hillary! in the general election and destroy him. Just like they did with Dole, McCain, Romney, etc., etc., etc.

Plus, as I have stated earlier. Any poster on AF has just as good of a mathematical chance to win the Republican nomination on the first ballot as Kasich does. He should have done the right thing and dropped out a long time ago.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 06:23:45 PM »

Yes. I would rather lose. The party has lost its soul. And if it basically steals the nomination away from a conservative, I am not willing to hold my nose and vote for more of the same GOP-e Democrat-lite uni-party nonsense.

Kasich is not electable. He's unknown. Huge difference at this stage in the game. The MSM will go put their pom-poms on for Hillary! in the general election and destroy him. Just like they did with Dole, McCain, Romney, etc., etc., etc.

How will you react if Trump or Cruz loses in a landslide? Will you guys nominate a Michelle Bachmann/Herman Cain ticket in 2020?

How would you feel if you were a Democrat and neither Hillary! nor Bernie were given the nomination in the convention? Instead, they gave it to someone else. I think you'd be pissed as well. The Sanders folks are going ballistic over alleged voter irregularities in states where he loses by 20 points.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 06:34:45 PM »

So Trump is a conservative and Kasich isn't? Why? Is it because Trump wants to give 'em browns hell?

Browns? If you mean enforce EXISITING immigration laws and build the fence that has been legislated, but not appropriated for? Yes.  Amongst other things.

Plus, as far as I am concerned, the biggest differentiator between Trump and the rest of the field is he actually has gotten tangible things done. The rest of these clowns would rather debate ad nauseum to keep the status quo for the donor class.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 07:28:30 PM »

If you think Kasich is "Democrat-lite" you know nothing about him.

Trust me, I know plenty about him. He balanced the budget. That's his claim to fame. And his dad was a mailman.

He also is a corporate crony who was a partner at Lehman Brothers when the banks were bailed out (and Lehman's carcass was picked clean) in 2008 and would not enforce existing immigration laws. That's a no-starter for me and the 60-80% of voters that seek to oust the GOP Establishment thus cycle.

And, again, both you and I have the same chance of winning the Republican nomination on the first ballot as Kasich.

Trump hasn't accomplished anything other than becoming notorious by engaging in outrageous and despicable behavior and manipulating the media, and convincing banks to loan him money he couldn't pay back. Again, if you don't realize that Kasich has accomplished more than Cruz and Trump combined, then you are an ignoramus. It's as simple as that.

Just Trump Tower, Trump Hotel International, the Miss Universe pagent, Wolhman Rink in NYC (after the government couldn't do things right the first time), Trump Plaza, dozens of championship golf courses, a top-rated TV show, the tallest residential building in NYC across from the UN, dozens of elite four-star hotels, properties all over the world. A net worth in the billions, the list goes on and on and on, but yeah. He's accomplished nothing. Right.. He has no clue how to cut through red tape and get things done.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 08:06:43 PM »

Okay, so he's built some buildings. First of all, how does that remotely qualify him for the presidency? Second of all, are you really delusional enough to believe that he would've have even come close to doing any of that that if he hadn't inherited his daddy's money? He is nothing more than a trust-fund brat with incredible skill at media manipulation who is mediocre at nearly everything else. I am 100% confident he would be totally incompetent as president, and would be the worst president since James Buchanan, and quite possibly ever.

Not to mention that "getting things done" is a very bad thing if the things to be done are not good. I, for one, would gladly take the status quo over any of Trump's toxic policies, and that is why I will do everything in my power to prevent his election this November. But I suppose that's just an area of political disagreement between Trump-supporters and me, so fair enough (though I can't even imagine how anyone could be anything other than terrified at the few policies Trump has outlined).
Trump didn't "inherit" money to build his business. His dad did not pass away until well after he had established himself in the Manhattan real estate market. He was given a $1 million loan from his father to get thing started. He managed to spin that into an empire on his own. By the time his father passed away and his "inheritance" was split five ways, the amount of money that Trump was given was basically pennies to the entirety of his fortune.

You don't get things accomplished on the scale that Trump has unless you know how to adeptly sidestep political hurdles and negotiate with your local/state/federal and even foreign governments to get your projects off of the drawing board.

If you don't understand how difficult that is, I suggest you read the "Art of the Deal," specifically the chapter about rebuilding Wolhman Rink in Central Park, New York City. There's a reason that book is basic fare in all business schools. It outlines how Trump accomplishes things the bureaucracy languishes over.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 05:00:54 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2016, 05:02:46 PM by Seriously? »

LOL WUT. So you'd rather lose than win with an electable candidate? This is why the GOP base is batsh*t insane these days.

Plus, as I have stated earlier. Any poster on AF has just as good of a mathematical chance to win the Republican nomination on the first ballot as Kasich does. He should have done the right thing and dropped out a long time ago.

My God you're dumb. Idiots like you are why Republicans are in the mess we are in
Thanks for the ad hominem attack.

The reason Republicans are "in the mess they are in" is because of the do-nothing GOP establishment uniparty wing of the party. They put up loser after loser and act like a bunch of sore losers when they don't have their milquetoast RINO candidate of choice as nominee.

The Reagan/conservative wing of the party has more votes in this election than your Bush/establishment/GOP-e country club wing.

Anti-establishment candidates have garnered 60-80% of the votes in this election.

The Bush wing lost. They have no right to shove another establishment loser down our throat this cycle. They should simply quit their whining and rally behind the nominee, just like the Reagan wing of the party has had to in every cycle since 1996 (really 1988, if you include HW Bush).

The Bush wing won the popular vote just once in five election cycles and elected exactly one President out of four candidates (Dole, W, McCain, Romney). It's time the conservative wing of the party gets a nominee for a change. You've had your chances and blew them.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »

Seriously?, you seem pretty young, but you do understand that Dole and McCain were both very prominent opponents of the "Bush wing" of the party, right? The TP/establishment divide is a product of the Obama era that was not visible prior to ~2009, and trumpist personal movement dates all the way back to 2015.
McCain ran against Bush, however, he was never a true credentialed conservative. So if you want to claim he was an opponent of the Bush wing, I'll accept your premise only to that narrow point in 2000. By the time he ran in 2008, McCain was NOT a conservative by any means. In fact, Palin was put on the ticket to balance out his "maverick" record a/k/a liberalism.

As far as Dole goes. He's also not a conservative in the mold of Reagan. He was Ford's running mate in 1976 (anti-Reagan) and at the time of his run against Clinton in 1996 was as establishment as you can get as the Senate Majority Leader. While he may have been good at building consensus between the conservative and moderate wings of the party, Dole never had a conservative voting record.

The fact of the matter remains that in this cycle, the establishment/Bush wing of the party has been rejected by the voters. If a contested convention happens and someone from the establishment wing like Paul Ryan -- or even worse -- Mitt Romney ends up being the nominee, the party will be destroyed from within.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies