Regarding optimus polling- are they any good? (1600 sample size vs MU 500)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:26:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process
  Polling (Moderator: muon2)
  Regarding optimus polling- are they any good? (1600 sample size vs MU 500)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regarding optimus polling- are they any good? (1600 sample size vs MU 500)  (Read 2642 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2016, 04:22:12 PM »

I see a lot of trump folks on tiwtter saying that optimus is more indicative becuase the MOE is 1.1% with a 1600 sample size. MU poll on the other hand is 5.8 and 500 people.

When Marquette was nailing the numbers in past races, was their sample size similarly around 500 with 5.8 moe?
dax00

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 04:33:41 PM »

Their sample size was massive, but the questions were so obviously biased towards Trump that the poll became almost scientifically meaningless. I would prefer he win, but the poll was just awful. The Marquette poll was only slightly biased toward Cruz. I believe the correct percentages lay in between the two polls.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 05:45:39 PM »

Their sample size was massive, but the questions were so obviously biased towards Trump that the poll became almost scientifically meaningless. I would prefer he win, but the poll was just awful. The Marquette poll was only slightly biased toward Cruz. I believe the correct percentages lay in between the two polls.

dang, optimus released another poll today showing trump up 4 on kasich. cruz in third

one of these firms is very very off.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 05:53:33 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2016, 06:10:44 PM by Seriously? »

dang, optimus released another poll today showing trump up 4 on kasich. cruz in third

one of these firms is very very off.

Someone on the other thread hinted that it was a friends-of-Kasich bought-for-internal for all intents and purposes because Kasich couldn't afford to do a poll like this on his own. So definitely to be taken with a grain of salt.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies