CT - Emerson: Trump +24, Clinton +6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:09:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CT - Emerson: Trump +24, Clinton +6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT - Emerson: Trump +24, Clinton +6  (Read 5329 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: April 12, 2016, 02:06:43 PM »

ITT: Clinton hacks trash another poster for suggesting this poll might be biased toward Clinton based on flimsy evidence, and then go on to assert that it's biased toward Sanders, based on flimsy evidence.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 02:27:32 PM »

ITT: Clinton hacks trash another poster for suggesting this poll might be biased toward Clinton based on flimsy evidence, and then go on to assert that it's biased toward Sanders, based on flimsy evidence.

This happened?

Closed primary = always bad for Sanders, exaggerating demographic advantage for Clinton, etc.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 02:56:55 PM »

This happened?

Closed primary = always bad for Sanders, exaggerating demographic advantage for Clinton, etc.

Well, that's a fact. Except when the primary is full of conservative Dixiecrats who vote Sanders only because they want to stick it to Obama.

So the evidence is the Southern primaries, and Oklahoma doesn't count? That doesn't really give us much basis to predict the NE contests, and it certainly isn't what I would consider solid evidence for predicting that Clinton will significantly beat her poll numbers.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 03:16:36 PM »

This happened?

Well, that's a fact. Except when the primary is full of conservative Dixiecrats who vote Sanders only because they want to stick it to Obama.

So the evidence is the Southern primaries, and Oklahoma doesn't count? That doesn't really give us much basis to predict the NE contests, and it certainly isn't what I would consider solid evidence for predicting that Clinton will significantly beat her poll numbers.

Arizona was closed too.

That's true, although Clinton actually slightly underperformed her polls there. Note that I'm not saying that I think Sanders will win CT, I just don't think that the fact that it's a closed primary means that Clinton will overperform her polls. Let's see what happens in NY.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies