Kerry's Yale Grades Similar to Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:22:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry's Yale Grades Similar to Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry's Yale Grades Similar to Bush  (Read 9557 times)
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« on: June 08, 2005, 08:44:05 PM »

Why Kerry did not sign his "Standard 180" form and release his military records a couple years ago is just a plain mystery to me.

There appears to be little of consequence in the release Kerry just authorized, other than the talking point the Bush and Kerry got essentially the same grades.

Given that a major element of the Swift Boat folk's credibility was Kerry's refusal to release his military records, one has to wonder why he declined to release them.

Can anybody explain this?

I am unable to formulate an even remotely plausable reason why this made political sense.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:17:44 PM »

Why Kerry did not sign his "Standard 180" form and release his military records a couple years ago is just a plain mystery to me.

There appears to be little of consequence in the release Kerry just authorized, other than the talking point the Bush and Kerry got essentially the same grades.

Given that a major element of the Swift Boat folk's credibility was Kerry's refusal to release his military records, one has to wonder why he declined to release them.

Can anybody explain this?

I am unable to formulate an even remotely plausable reason why this made political sense.

Lack of common sense. Either
1. He didn't want to respond to some scumbag liars
2. He didn't want people to know his Yale grades weren't so hot

Too bad the media all thought that the Swift Boat liars were telling the truth, and ignored the fact that Bush never released several important documents relating to his AWOL. That organization still exists and is still slandering Democrats. They should be sued into oblivion.

Politically, I think releasing his grades might actually have helped him.  Kerry got branded as being some sort of highbrow elitist type.

I think knowing he graduated with "gentlemen's C's" might have humanized him and made him more likeable to "Joe 6 pack"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies