Bush v. Clark - 2004 Match-up, Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:27:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bush v. Clark - 2004 Match-up, Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush v. Clark - 2004 Match-up, Part 3  (Read 5148 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 22, 2003, 06:18:46 PM »

Part 3.  I know I'm doing these polls almost once a day, but what the hey.  I plan on doing these until I finish up with all the *major* Democratic candidates.
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 07:05:45 PM »

Who said they wouldn't vote?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 07:50:12 PM »

I worry about whether Clark is a Democrat, and I worry about his domestic abilities, but I guess I would step over the broken glass and vote for him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 09:56:49 PM »

I worry about whether Clark is a Democrat, and I worry about his domestic abilities, but I guess I would step over the broken glass and vote for him.

After speaking to my Demcrat friends, I can say you're not the only one wondering whether Clark is a real Democrat or not.  Not too long ago, he acted as Republican as they come.  Plus, he's failed to get out any kind of issue stance.  I don't think he can win, primary or general.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 10:10:45 PM »

I have respect for many of the democratic candidates for president--Lieberman, Kerry and Gephardt chief among them--but I have no respect for Wesley Clark.  The guy seems to have real trouble with telling the truth.  What was all that wierdness about an administration official calling him on 9/11 and asking him to link it to Iraq?  That story turned out to be false.  He's flip-flopped on just about ever issue.

Someone (I forget who) who was connected with Clark in the Clinton administration and was somewhat responsible for his firing said that Clark was fired for "character issues."

The guy just strikes me as really sleezy.  It's no wonder some have taken to calling him "Weasly" Clark.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 10:30:38 PM »

I have respect for many of the democratic candidates for president--Lieberman, Kerry and Gephardt chief among them--but I have no respect for Wesley Clark.  The guy seems to have real trouble with telling the truth.  What was all that wierdness about an administration official calling him on 9/11 and asking him to link it to Iraq?  That story turned out to be false.  He's flip-flopped on just about ever issue.

Someone (I forget who) who was connected with Clark in the Clinton administration and was somewhat responsible for his firing said that Clark was fired for "character issues."

The guy just strikes me as really sleezy.  It's no wonder some have taken to calling him "Weasly" Clark.

Don't forget the accusations that he was within an inch of starting World War III.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 11:02:32 PM »

Don't forget the accusations that he was within an inch of starting World War III.

Right, how could I forget?

You know, you can say what you want about Lieberman and Gephardt, but they have the courage to stand for their convictions.  Neither have budged an inch on the war even while facing a Democratic party that is trending further and further to the left.  Kerry, although flip-flopping on the war, is a decorated war veteran who did his duty for his country even when he disagreed with the war he was fighting.  That's courage.  Clark is just a two-bit bureaucrat who commanded a fairly inept operation in Kosovo and got fired shortly thereafter (And rightly so!).  The guy cares about nothing but himself.  He doesn't seem to have any real convictions or even any coherent political philosophy.  The only reason he's even a Democrat is because he wants to be president right now and he knows he's not going to beat Bush in a Republican primary battle.  I've enjoyed and will continue to enjoy watching Clark's campaign shrivel up and die.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 11:17:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You know, you can say what you want about Lieberman and Gephardt, but they have the courage to stand for their convictions.  Neither have budged an inch on the war even while facing a Democratic party that is trending further and further to the left.  Kerry, although flip-flopping on the war, is a decorated war veteran who did his duty for his country even when he disagreed with the war he was fighting.  That's courage.  Clark is just a two-bit bureaucrat who commanded a fairly inept operation in Kosovo and got fired shortly thereafter (And rightly so!).  The guy cares about nothing but himself.  He doesn't seem to have any real convictions or even any coherent political philosophy.  The only reason he's even a Democrat is because he wants to be president right now and he knows he's not going to beat Bush in a Republican primary battle.  I've enjoyed and will continue to enjoy watching Clark's campaign shrivel up and die.

I agree.  I could actually vote for Lieberman if the Republican candidate was not to my liking (as some are not).  Lieberman, I think, has the power to grab votes from Democrats *and* Republicans alike.  He has not changed his position once on the Iraq war, which is very respectable - especially after watching him get booed again and again by crowds in primary debates b/c of his Iraq war position.

(Howard Dean hasn't changed his war position either, which is worth pointing out even though I disagree with his position).

Clark is quickly following Kerry in letting his campaign crumble.  I just read an article talking about how the Democrats are in a scary position now - if they try to mess with Dean's frontrunner status, they risk alienating his supporters, which make up a huge chunk of Democratic voters.

I also read another article suggesting that if the DNC tries to stop Dean's lead, Dean may run as an independent, bringing all his supporters with him, and splitting the Democratic Party and vote - losing them the election, in the same way that Roosevelt's third party bid cost Taft his reelection.
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 11:59:59 PM »

Also don't forget the character and integrity issues raised by a number of generals, including Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Hugh Shelton and the winning general of the Iraq war, Tommy Franks against Clark.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2003, 04:47:56 AM »

Ah, but his campaign will not shrivel up and die if Bush' War on Terror does a back flip and we get attacked again. And who are the people going to put stock in, a career, decorated General, reminiscent of Eisenhower?
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2003, 04:07:43 PM »

Ah, but his campaign will not shrivel up and die if Bush' War on Terror does a back flip and we get attacked again. And who are the people going to put stock in, a career, decorated General, reminiscent of Eisenhower?

Wesley Clark is no Eisenhower.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2003, 04:14:34 PM »

Wesley Clark is no Eisenhower.
Ike.  Ahhh ... the man who was shocked to learn that 1/2 of Americans are of below average intelligence.  Great general.  Average President.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2003, 04:16:02 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2003, 04:23:34 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

As GWBFan mentioned, Clark almost caused holy hell in Kosovo. Extract below from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/671495.stm (BBC News, 9th March 2000):

Of course that's not to say that Clark would make a bad President, but from this you have to wonder over his ability to make tough decisions.
WONK
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 04:27:28 PM »

Wesley Clark is a political hack and a disingenuous phony.  He does not even know where he stands on issues.  Why?  Because he is the Clinton's candidate and is afraid to stand for his own convictions (if he has any, and if he does, I would wager they are more right-leaning than left-leaning), lest he upset Gods Bill and Hill.  It is quite sad really.  Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how a rational person could support THIS to lead our country?!?!  Putting myself in a lefties shoes, I can see your disagreements with Bush, but would you people really want people as TRANSPARENTLY PHONY as Clark, Kerry or Dean running this country?  At least throw your support to someone who does not constantly reek of lies, phoniness and political expediency, i.e. Joe Lieberman
jravnsbo

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2003, 04:58:22 PM »

washington times piece today-and I see some of you referencing IKe--

Call him 'Ike'
    Retired Army Gen. Wesley Clark says it would have been "easy" for him to run for president as a Republican because he would remind the Republican Party of Dwight David Eisenhower.
    In what The Washington Post described yesterday as a recent interview, Mr. Clark said his military background was a mixed blessing in the Democratic race.
    "If I were a Republican, it would be real easy," Mr. Clark said. "Republicans would say, 'Ah, general, we had Eisenhower, we like generals. Big authority.' Democrats aren't like that."
    He said Democrats "want to look through that uniform."
    "And they have trouble with that uniform because a lot of them marched [against the Vietnam War], and a lot of them, they're not authority-oriented and the military seems like rigid authority."

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2003, 09:44:35 PM »

washington times piece today-and I see some of you referencing IKe--

Call him 'Ike'
    Retired Army Gen. Wesley Clark says it would have been "easy" for him to run for president as a Republican because he would remind the Republican Party of Dwight David Eisenhower.
    In what The Washington Post described yesterday as a recent interview, Mr. Clark said his military background was a mixed blessing in the Democratic race.
    "If I were a Republican, it would be real easy," Mr. Clark said. "Republicans would say, 'Ah, general, we had Eisenhower, we like generals. Big authority.' Democrats aren't like that."
    He said Democrats "want to look through that uniform."
    "And they have trouble with that uniform because a lot of them marched [against the Vietnam War], and a lot of them, they're not authority-oriented and the military seems like rigid authority."

lol  Democrats want to look through that uniform?  Yeah right, and my name is George W. Bush.

Clark's entire campaign is based on his uniform and past military experience.  Clark is such a deluded idiot.
Demrepdan

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2003, 01:59:42 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2003, 02:00:55 AM by Demrepdan »

lol  Democrats want to look through that uniform?  Yeah right, and my name is George W. Bush.

Maybe you ARE! Roll Eyes And you came to this forum in disguise, hoping to pull in some extra votes. Well you got my vote Mr. Bush!!! Smiley If...you ARE Bush that is.....
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2003, 02:06:44 AM »

Maybe you ARE! Roll Eyes And you came to this forum in disguise, hoping to pull in some extra votes. Well you got my vote Mr. Bush!!! Smiley If...you ARE Bush that is.....
Na, he'd have Texas for his State. However, GWBFan is quite charming, I suppose he could be the big guy!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2003, 01:19:06 PM »

Well, erm, I have a confession to make.  I am NOT George W. Bush, our president.  Sorry for misleading you (misled, not lied!  lol).  Actually, my name is Arnold.  Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2003, 01:20:38 PM »

Na, he'd have Texas for his State. However, GWBFan is quite charming, I suppose he could be the big guy!

You found me out.  Aw, man!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies