WTHR indiana poll: trump and clinton with modest leads (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:16:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  WTHR indiana poll: trump and clinton with modest leads (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WTHR indiana poll: trump and clinton with modest leads  (Read 4042 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« on: April 22, 2016, 04:02:24 PM »
« edited: April 22, 2016, 04:05:29 PM by Clarko95 »

Lake County isn't the only county that will matter in Northern Indiana.

Porter County (Valparaiso, Portage), LaPorte County (Michigan City, La Porte), St. Joseph (South Bend metro), and Elkhart County are all heavily industrialized counties that have a large portion of economically struggling areas, steel workers, whites of southern origin, racial tensions, and suburbs.

Predicting the raw vote total is hard, because this will be the first time the Republican primary mattered in 20 years. In 2012, these counties cast 78,000 of 635,000 total votes in the GOP primary (~12%). In 2016, we have a competitive primary, and also a candidate (Trump) who draws up very strong emotions among supporters and detractors.

If Hillary sweeps on Tuesday, I can see a lot of independents and maybe even Democrats crossing over to meddle in the GOP primary (to boost Trump? Or to stop him? who knows). I also predict that turnout from disaffected voters will surge and benefit Trump.

Northwest/northern Indiana will most certainly be Trump's voter base for the primary. The question is how many votes will he get here and everywhere else, compared to his opponents.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 04:18:56 PM »

Lake County isn't the only county that will matter in Northern Indiana.

Porter County (Valparaiso, Portage), LaPorte County (Michigan City, La Porte), St. Joseph (South Bend metro), and Elkhart County are all heavily industrialized counties that have a large portion of economically struggling areas, steel workers, whites of southern origin, racial tensions, and suburbs.

Predicting the raw vote total is hard, because this will be the first time the Republican primary mattered in 20 years. In 2012, these counties cast 78,000 of 635,000 total votes in the GOP primary (~12%). In 2016, we have a competitive primary, and also a candidate (Trump) who draws up very strong emotions among supporters and detractors.

If Hillary sweeps on Tuesday, I can see a lot of independents and maybe even Democrats crossing over to meddle in the GOP primary (to boost Trump? Or to stop him? who knows). I also predict that turnout from disaffected voters will surge and benefit Trump.

Northwest/northern Indiana will most certainly be Trump's voter base for the primary. The question is how many votes will he get here and everywhere else, compared to his opponents.

What are your thoughts of Southwest IN and the counties along the Ohio River also being strong for Trump? Trump has done very well in places that are ancestral Democrat.

No idea tbh. Not familiar with much south of Indianapolis. Just off of Illinois' and Ohio's results, I'm guessing Trump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies