The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:01:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread  (Read 14092 times)
Minstral
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »

Well until I get to twenty posts I may need to use Leo as a proxy if I want to discuss things with other players privately.

Specifically though, does a turn follow this pattern:

-Start turn, Leo updates events that we need to address.
-We submit orders and Leo calculates the results
-There is a mid turn that updates the ongoing events of that turn, and possibly presents new challenges that we need to address
-We finalize our decisions and submit them to Leo at which point the turn ends.

This was the sequence that Leo used on our last game a year ago, just want to know if it has changed.

The RP thread seems like a point where we "enhance" our decision process by adding flavor. When I read some, for instance that Targ-Brune duel, it seemed to me that the player needed the results before they could flesh out the details themselves (results and then dramatize). I am guessing though that this does not necessarily need to be the case. One could use it to outline/dramatize their own orders that they submit to Leo at the same time, correct?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2016, 11:56:29 PM »

Yep thats pretty close. Turn will be open until Wednesday evening, expect the new turn then and the next turn will have a mid turn update Smiley
Minstral
Rookie
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2016, 12:02:28 AM »

And I will need to address the issues before Wednesday or on the next turn then?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2016, 12:47:39 AM »

And I will need to address the issues before Wednesday or on the next turn then?

You can start that now if you want, probably for the best so you're as caught up as possible
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2016, 09:02:16 PM »

My internet is being really spotty tonight. Gonna try and get the turn done on paper using my phone and then transcribe it to save time when Its more reliable. Trying to keep everyone posted, feel free to turn orders in of you haven't done so(looking at you House Arryn) and keep milling away at diplomacy until I get it done
Minstral
Rookie
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2016, 12:11:16 AM »

I got my list in Leo. 

There are several players that I want to speak with in particular, so I'll be trying o go into overdrive to get more posts on this profile.  (Why is that policy in place?)
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2016, 09:25:13 PM »

Any news?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2016, 04:20:48 AM »

I was waiting for one of the absentees to post, but now I guess another spot is open Unsure

I have a lot of time now that my big show is out of the way, so it will be coming soon Smiley
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2016, 11:27:11 PM »

Hard at work on the next turn. I have to backtrack some to get army positions and such. Shaping up to be an exciting update
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2016, 06:10:01 PM »

Thank you guys for being patient, at the end of a very busy two weeks but getting what I can done in my spare time
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2016, 02:51:42 PM »

New turn is up Cheesy

Working on a POV to accompany it as well though I've been through three draft starts and can't find the right character...

There will be a mid turn update after a week, and an end turn update to mark the end of the turn. Looking at a two week schedule for each turn, should give plenty of time for planning and diplomacy. Let me know if there is anything I overlooked, but the army disposition should be very correct even if there are mistakes elsewhere.

Aside from Durrandon, I forgot to update him for some reason lol...
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2016, 02:55:06 PM »

Also both the Vale and Dorne are now open to new players due to inactivity.
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2016, 10:43:38 AM »

Let's get back at it so!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »

Hellllllooooo out there?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2016, 11:55:48 PM »

Some of my moves will be up tomorrow.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2016, 01:58:18 PM »

At this rate I'm kinda thinking of shutting it down honestly... The player for Harren dropped out and that leaves them, Dorne and Arryn all empty and there just doesn't seem to be enough activity. I had fun but now may not be the right time with several other games running : /

I might start up something else with more universal appeal
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2016, 02:24:30 PM »

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't, but it is kind of a difficult era for a game because of how seperate the kingdoms are. There's no good reason, for example, for the Starks to deal with anyone besides Harren and possibly the Arryns. Unless a Westeros wide threat develops, like Aegon or possibly New Valyria, the balance of powers would probably keep things at a sort of Cold War, with everyone acting to stop anyone who threatened to become too large and nobody would have much reason to interact with anyone beyond their neighbors.
Mauldania
Rookie
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2016, 08:58:57 PM »

Yea.. I would agree that maybe just a Vale or North etc... would be better. This was fun though, I was looking forward to the North and Storm alliance. Hopefully it can be revived.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2016, 09:05:48 PM »

To be fair, the time period chosen was extremely challenging due to the little info we have, and Leonardo did a masterful work in making this world seem alive and fascinating at the same time (truly, the world building was excellent). With such a context placing a lot of creativity in hands of the players, an active player base is certainly crucial, and most of us have failed a bit in that sense.

If this game goes to an end I'd like to host another ASOIAF game soon (I'm interested in a remake of Clash of Kings, personally), but I'm intrigued about the "more universal appeal" idea. What did you have in mind, Leonardo?
Mauldania
Rookie
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2016, 09:30:44 PM »

Leo did a great job. I'd like to play in the next one you guys do.
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2016, 09:00:28 AM »

I feel like there is still a lot of opportunities for great developments within the current time frame. Yes it has kind of started quite slow but with what may be new threats on the horizon I would expect to see a lot more action within the next 2 or 3 turns.

I'd love to keep playing but if the majority of you have lost interest then so be it! I'd love to join the next game. I would recommend, however, that the turns be paused for now until we find people willing to fill in the missing positions and then one last finalization from everyone before starting up again.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2016, 10:29:29 AM »

This one needs a few more turns to really develop; with a Harren or with both the Vale and Dornish players I'd want to continue. Otherwise I'd support a clash reboot

As to Lumine it's an original idea I had, but you wouldn't play as nations or anything, youd be a single character so I don't know how that would appeal.

As of now game is still on, lets try and find a Harren. Of we can't I'll probably end it after this turn
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2016, 10:45:06 AM »

This one needs a few more turns to really develop; with a Harren or with both the Vale and Dornish players I'd want to continue. Otherwise I'd support a clash reboot

As to Lumine it's an original idea I had, but you wouldn't play as nations or anything, youd be a single character so I don't know how that would appeal.

As of now game is still on, lets try and find a Harren. Of we can't I'll probably end it after this turn

Would the one character you play be a nobleperson? I think it'd be interesting to play common people, and have the GM simulate what the various houses do.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2016, 11:08:31 AM »

Would the one character you play be a nobleperson? I think it'd be interesting to play common people, and have the GM simulate what the various houses do.

It would be universe of my own design, one is more of a existential horror/survival story and the other is a more sci fi future version of the real world with psychics, in which the government declares them too dangerous to not be under their control as currently they're only occurring in the US and they obviously don't want psychics used against them.

I'm still doing a lot of thinking about it and may run something else entirely, but those are some ideas I had. I've always wanted to do a Resident Evil style RPG as well . Who doesn't like zombies lol?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2016, 11:49:59 PM »

Anyone have luck finding a Harren? Smiley

I've pretty much exhausted my recruiting resources honestly...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies