The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:38:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread  (Read 13974 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 11:08:15 AM »

No one wants to be the Yellow Toad! How shallow we all are...
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »

Hopefully we get someone for Dorne by tomorrow night, but as of now I'm setting time aside for that. Soooooon Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »

Let the intrigues begin! (once again)
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 02:07:57 PM »

No one wants to be the Yellow Toad! How shallow we all are...

I think it has more to do With age than anything Wink
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »

Oh fine, I'll go with Volantis/New Valyria.
Oh Dereich I didn't see, sorry! If you want Gardener you can have them. I don't mind, I can go Martells if you'd prefer Smiley
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 07:11:41 PM »

Just got home from work, starting work on the first turn. It's a busy week for me but hopefully I have it up by Friday night Cheesy
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 08:08:11 PM »

Currently neck deep in family trees with no end in sight lol...

I'll have to roll for most vassal houses once the occasion comes up, it'd be impossible to try and generate 20 different vassal houses.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 08:21:10 PM »

VOLANTIS

Horonno Maegyr(51): 1 son and 3 daughters, also a sister
Horonno has been elected triarch 20 times running, and much of Volantis’ recent conquest can be attributed to him. He is an affable man but also quick to take offense and his temper can be fierce to behold; he is the best military mind among the tigers. 1st triarch, he is recently widowed

Nyessos Vhassar(29): 3 sons and 2 brothers
Quiet by nature, a man gifted with numbers and the richest of the tigers as he is a primary purveyor of slave soldiers. 2nd triarch

Doniphos Paenymion(34): 4 sons and 2 daughters
A loyal man, but not particularly strong willed. He tends to follow the lead of Horonno, and is a skilled orator. 3rd triarch

Vaeron Velon(36): 2 sons and 3 daughters
Vaeron would be quite rich if not for his deep investments into spies, assassins, and the criminal underworld. Poor in gold but rich in knowledge

STARK

Torrhen Stark(33), married to Lyarra Stark(31)
Jojen Stark (16)
Brandon Stark(14)
Brandon Snow(27)

DURRANDON

Argilac Durrandon(47), widowed
Argella Durrandon(26)

ARRYN

Sharra Arryn(27), widowed
Ronnel Arryn(2)
Jonos Arryn(1)

GARDENER

Mern Gardener(37), married to Elise Hightower(34)
Edmund Gardener(20), married to Melessa Redwyne(17)
-Garth Gardener(2), Edmund’s son
Gawen Gardener(17)

LANNISTER

Loren Lannister(24), married to Sheira Crakehall(21)
Tyrion Lannister(21), brother
Joy Lannister(26), sister
Tommen Lannister(2), son

HOARE

Harren the Black(58), widowed
Harwyn Hoare(29), widowed
Halleck Hoare(27), married to Asha Farwynd(24)
-Aeron Hoare(6)
Hable Hoare(23)
Heerow Hoare(19)

TARGARYEN

Aegon Targaryen(17)
Visenya Targaryen(19)
Rhaenys Targaryen(15)

===

Some more work to do, but this is what I have so far.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2016, 04:21:58 AM »

I reckon the Hoares and Durrandons might be a decade or so younger in general, ten years before the conquest?

I don't see Black Harren as seventy-odd and his sons forty-odd when they die ten years after our setting. Seventy is a serious age and Harren isn't anywhere described as that ancient by then. Black Harren has at least a plausible grandson, Red Harren, operative fifty years after our setting; I think he'd probably be younger than forty-fifty during his bandit career, and that makes whichever son fathered him a tad younger too.

Therefore my guess would be to make Black Harren forty-something in our setting and his sons mostly keen and belligerent mid-to-late-teens (a bit a la Quellon & sons).

There's also a sister married into the Volmarks, and a brother in command of the Watch.

As for Durrandons, Argilac is I think grey or white haired but still a fierce one on one fighter nearly on a level with prime Baratheon Orys ten years after this; he also repelled the Dornish 'when he was a boy' twenty years ago. Stretch boy and I'd say he's late-thirties-to-forty. More important I think is a younger Argella; I always imagined her as pretty much a child when she was betrayed as Storm Queen, but leaving that aside it seems unlikely she'd be thirty-six at the Conquest; would scarcely give her time to mother a viable Baratheon dynasty including at least two sons!

Of course ignore any of this if seems mad nitpicking tho'. Perils of self-employment etc x
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2016, 11:16:57 AM »

I reckon the Hoares and Durrandons might be a decade or so younger in general, ten years before the conquest?

I don't see Black Harren as seventy-odd and his sons forty-odd when they die ten years after our setting. Seventy is a serious age and Harren isn't anywhere described as that ancient by then. Black Harren has at least a plausible grandson, Red Harren, operative fifty years after our setting; I think he'd probably be younger than forty-fifty during his bandit career, and that makes whichever son fathered him a tad younger too.

Therefore my guess would be to make Black Harren forty-something in our setting and his sons mostly keen and belligerent mid-to-late-teens (a bit a la Quellon & sons).

That can't be the vcase. Harrenhal took 40 years to build and was completed in 2 BC; 8 years after this game starts. That means that at this point Harrenhal was already 32 years old and it was totally Harren's own project. You can't exactly start the timer on day one of his reign and putting him in his fourties would make him a young teen when he ordered the grand construction project. That doesn't make sense to me, especially when we know his father had a late start to HIS reign and ruled long enough to start at least five wars. I think it makes more sense that Harren would have been old enough to be fight; old enough to be able to command the Ironborn well enough to safely order the construction of Harrenhal even though half his lords hated his guts.

Maybe a compromise would put him in his late 50s. He took over at something like 25, started construction of Harrenhal at 26, and now 32 years later is 58. Old enough to make sense but not so old as to make him the Yellow Toad.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 01:46:07 PM »

Argella Durrandon should be younger I reckon and maybe 2-3 years off of Argilac, but Harren should be pretty close. Argilac won the war as a boy and 20 years later beheaded the king of the Reach, but there's nothing to suggest that happened in the last decade. Part of the reason the Reach's numbers are low atm is that something must have weakened them to the point that Argilac felt his lands were secure enough to cross the narrow sea with a host and go to war against Volantis. My thinking is there is probably more civil war in the Reach than any other kingdom of this period. Him and Harren are both described as older in the world book and the timeline makes sense

Harren likely spent the first few years of his kingship reaving and fighting some small wars before embarking on his ambitious project, or like Dereich said may not have inherited the throne all that young
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 07:47:22 PM »

I'll take Dorne if you're still accepting players Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 07:50:22 PM »

Excellent, all the Kings are in place!

No objections on the Lannisters on my behalf, but I was curious, Leonardo, did you get Joy Lannister and Shiera Crakehall from the Crusader Kings 2 Mod? (Also, a minor doubt, why is Joy so old and yet unmarried?)
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 08:02:48 PM »

Excellent, all the Kings are in place!

No objections on the Lannisters on my behalf, but I was curious, Leonardo, did you get Joy Lannister and Shiera Crakehall from the Crusader Kings 2 Mod? (Also, a minor doubt, why is Joy so old and yet unmarried?)

Actually I made up shiera crakehall i thought but it may be a subconscious nab haha.
I generated some of the people like that using dice so I mostly just used ck2 to help with names and didn't want to push two players together in alliance from the start
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 09:32:21 PM »

Noted, I'm truly look forward to the game and what comes ahead!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 10:20:55 PM »

I have a wedding tomorrow night and I'm seeing Paul McCartney saturday, so im looking to get things done Friday or saturday

And same, very much looking forward to how things go down
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2016, 10:58:38 PM »

Well my nephew is now in town. All in all not a good weekend for getting first turn ready. Going to try and get some more details ready so people can begin planning their first moves
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 12:47:11 AM »

Never mind, expect the turn tonight. I am over halfway done! Cheesy

The army update will need to wait but this will get things started and give you guys something to chew on
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2016, 01:16:12 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2016, 01:21:00 AM by leonardothered »

Whew

Please don't post in the main thread, use this one for discussion and such as we have done before, it's good to get the ball rolling finally Cheesy

If anyone has questions or possible corrections, let me know!
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2016, 03:48:18 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Surpise sur-fooking-prise.

*eyes Garlan Gunter*
Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2016, 10:25:47 AM »

Nice job, Leo. We really appreciate it.
May the intrigues and politicking commence once more.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2016, 11:46:10 AM »

Excellent!

Two questions:

Turns will begin on a six month period (Early/Late), right? (if so, I fully agree with that)

I'd like to begin writing a POV on Casterly Rock to introduce Loren, would it be okay for me to invent the names (and some personalities) of some Lannister vassals and the Casterly Rock household?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2016, 01:58:47 PM »

Excellent!

Two questions:

Turns will begin on a six month period (Early/Late), right? (if so, I fully agree with that)

I'd like to begin writing a POV on Casterly Rock to introduce Loren, would it be okay for me to invent the names (and some personalities) of some Lannister vassals and the Casterly Rock household?

By all means, give it a whirl Smiley
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2016, 02:51:21 PM »

Updated with armies and dispositions

Shoot a message if you have any questions, and remember to include me in your messages Cheesy

The turn will likely end Friday night at some point depending on what my schedule looks like. I'm going for weekly updates as the weekends are when I'm free, is that alright with everyone?
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 02:26:37 AM »

Sounds great!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies