The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:29:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Century of Blood, the IV ASOIAF game Sign-Up Topic and Rules thread  (Read 14134 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« on: April 24, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »

Argh! Cruel of you Enduro to steal the Ironborn from me...

I wonder whether I could play as the Night's Watch, commanded by a Hoare?

If that is not possible I'd be happy taking Argilac or Sharra
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 02:56:46 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2016, 05:39:11 AM by Garlan Gunter »

Assume that's a no to the Night's Watch then! Bit of a shame, I thought they could be an interesting underdog with scheming potential, but I do like the Arrogant One and am v happy with him (or pretty Sharra)...

PS Is the map showing up invisible to everyone else?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 07:56:50 AM »

I'll confirm Argilac, just to avoid Reasonable Doubt!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:08:15 AM »

No one wants to be the Yellow Toad! How shallow we all are...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 04:21:58 AM »

I reckon the Hoares and Durrandons might be a decade or so younger in general, ten years before the conquest?

I don't see Black Harren as seventy-odd and his sons forty-odd when they die ten years after our setting. Seventy is a serious age and Harren isn't anywhere described as that ancient by then. Black Harren has at least a plausible grandson, Red Harren, operative fifty years after our setting; I think he'd probably be younger than forty-fifty during his bandit career, and that makes whichever son fathered him a tad younger too.

Therefore my guess would be to make Black Harren forty-something in our setting and his sons mostly keen and belligerent mid-to-late-teens (a bit a la Quellon & sons).

There's also a sister married into the Volmarks, and a brother in command of the Watch.

As for Durrandons, Argilac is I think grey or white haired but still a fierce one on one fighter nearly on a level with prime Baratheon Orys ten years after this; he also repelled the Dornish 'when he was a boy' twenty years ago. Stretch boy and I'd say he's late-thirties-to-forty. More important I think is a younger Argella; I always imagined her as pretty much a child when she was betrayed as Storm Queen, but leaving that aside it seems unlikely she'd be thirty-six at the Conquest; would scarcely give her time to mother a viable Baratheon dynasty including at least two sons!

Of course ignore any of this if seems mad nitpicking tho'. Perils of self-employment etc x
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 06:21:18 AM »

Sounds v efficient!

Nice that our first PoV was from Team Dragonstone (Original); and I enjoyed the (accidental?) allusion to the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition in Sir Corbyn Winter of the Westerlands. (Is his keep called Discontent, ho ho...)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »

I don't know if basically having stuck to one's mid-turn stuff is enough to get one off the naughty chair or not!! Hope so tho'
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 03:24:09 AM »

Don't quite follow you there Leonardo? since cutting my teeth on Aurane I rather love minor house underdogs!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 04:57:26 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2016, 03:56:14 AM by Garlan Gunter »

I would consider switching to Harren next turn...but that may not solve your problem!

EDIT: btw, I just noticed we never got updated army dispositions...possibly better late than never? thanks!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2016, 06:14:42 PM by Garlan Gunter »

Sorry for my drastically late orders - sending over nowish and do hope that's all right

Argilac the Amnesiac x

PS the armies would be nice to have next time. obviously we know where we put our own people, but it has been harder to react to eg Volantis vs Tyrosh without knowing how massive a gang is coming
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 02:48:01 AM »

Loved Lunthor, thanks Weyfy

Gosh, Harren the Hesitant!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »

Me too. The uncertain game status coincided with a busy time but I am still around and interested whenever the starting gun is officially refired
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies