2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:57:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections  (Read 65389 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

« on: September 28, 2016, 07:44:34 PM »

Jersey City mayor Steve Fulop shocked New Jersey political observers by announcing that he will not run for governor in 2017 as widely expected. He endorsed Phil Murphy, who is the Democratic frontrunner for governor.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/09/fulop_wont_run_for_nj_governor_shifting_2017_race_to_succeed_christie.html#incart_most_shared-politics

WOW. Was not expecting this.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 11:13:40 AM »

We need you now, Rush Holt!
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 05:29:58 PM »

Hope Kean runs.  Guadogno is DOA, given her ties to Christie.  But Kean is moderate enough that he could definitely win it, and he has less Christie baggage.

The GOP is going to lose this race because Christie's beyond unpopular, and Kean, much like every other Republican in the state, isn't well-known enough to be seen as distinct from Christie.
Maybe so, but Kean is moderate enough to win over suburbanites.  Don't write the GOP off yet. 
KEAN'S NOT GOING TO RUN
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 07:09:21 PM »

Honestly, I wouldn't want to see either Wiz or Murphy governing my birth state.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 02:12:20 PM »

Don Guardian/Kate Whitman would be a good ticket for 2021.

Dude, like, I get that you've got a thing for Christine Todd Whitman, but her daughter's woefully unqualified. She's never held elected office before.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »

Don Guardian/Kate Whitman would be a good ticket for 2021.

Dude, like, I get that you've got a thing for Christine Todd Whitman, but her daughter's woefully unqualified. She's never held elected office before.

It's hard to be "woefully unqualified" for Lieutenant Governor, which is a largely symbolic position.

It would be presumed that she would get some appointed position such as Guadagno being SecState.

Kate Whitman, Gov. Whitman's daughter is qualified. She ran for a Congressional seat (NJ-7) in 2008. If Lance's approval ratings sink next year, I can see the NJ GOP asking Lance to step aside for Whitman.

Why would he step aside for her? She's not qualified for the House! Sure, let's springboard her into the State House or Senate, but not Federal office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies