2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:32:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections  (Read 64934 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 01, 2017, 10:27:44 PM »

The last time the Republicans won a legislative majority in NJ...they were electing people like Christine Whitman.    Whitman would make Susan Collins look like a hardcore conservative.  

I don't really think it's possible to shift the party that far left from where it is now, especially during the Trump Era.    A GOP Majority in either legislative chamber seems pretty far fetched.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 10:23:04 PM »

Murphy will probably win by around 15%,   not 20%.    That's not a disappointment or anything really.

With Murphy in the gov seat and the expanded Dem majorities in the leg chambers...we're most likely going to be seeing legalized marijuana in NJ in the near future.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:50:24 PM »

Most of what's out is still from blue counties. Should pad Murphy's margin enough where this won't be a complete embarrassment.
Is this a complete embarrassment? I mean, he's winning by 13 points now.

Not a surprise at all either, the polling for NJ gov has been remarkably consistent at Murphy +14 or so for most of the past year.   Hardly any polls showed in the +20 range.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »

The final tally in the Senate is a 24-16 D majority; one incumbent from each party lost, so it's a push.

In the Assembly, Democrats have picked up at least two seats with two still too close to call. In both of those seats, the Democrat is in the lead. For the moment it's 54-24 D with those two outstanding. Irrespective of how those two races go, the Democrats have secured a supermajority in the Assembly.

I'm counting 25 seats for Dems in the State Senate on NYT Elections,  I think it's plus one for them there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies