2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:35:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2017: NJ Gubernatorial/legislative elections  (Read 65435 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 30, 2016, 05:25:56 PM »

Can someone explain to me how someone with Fulop's charisma and resume can't get a coalition to coalesce behind him but someone like Murphy, a rich Goldman Sachs executive who, as a result of wealth, held lots of party posts and eventually a diplomatic role as ambassador to Germany, is considered a serious candidate?

I feel like in NY at least that resume would not fly...

Fulop isn't corrupt Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:13:49 AM »

I really like Fulop he has a great profile and would be a huge boost to Ds on the national level. Sadly, his paths are blocked by Murphy & Norcross who will likely take the Gov & Menendez's seat.

I'd like to see Pallone get the Senate seat, tbh.  There may be better-ish folks out there (then again this is NJ, so maybe not), but AFAIK, Pallone's not bad for NJ and it'd be nice to have someone who isn't from Essex or Hudson County and isn't part of the Norcross/Sweeney machine in one of the Senate seats (Codey won't get it and Rush Holt is really a has-been at this point).  Pallone has the best shot of anyone who meets those criteria of being chosen.  Sadly, it'll probably either go to one of the North Jersey machine folks (maybe Alberto Sires or some Mayor/rich dude/state legislator...hopefully it at least won't be completely soulless machine hack like Ras Baraka) or worse yet, Donald Norcross (although at least geography would probably keep him out of the running as I doubt very many northern county machines would give him the top slot on the primary ballot). 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies