CA - SurveyUSA: Trump and Clinton dominate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:10:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CA - SurveyUSA: Trump and Clinton dominate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CA - SurveyUSA: Trump and Clinton dominate  (Read 5662 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 09:59:28 PM »

How funny would it be if Hillary made Bernie nonviable in California?  The final insult!
psychprofessor

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2016, 10:44:21 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2016, 10:45:56 PM by psychprofessor »

How sad for Bernie supporters in California that they view Donald Trump more favorably than Hillary Clinton.

Bernie supporters view of Hillary fav/unfav = 17/81
Bernie supporters view of Trump fav/unfav = 46/36

Seriously, Bernie supporters actually give Trump a +10 favorable rating. Awful.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 11:28:16 PM »

How sad for Bernie supporters in California that they view Donald Trump more favorably than Hillary Clinton.

Bernie's support is down to the deranged angry white male fringe at this point. Not surprising that these whackos prefer Trump.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 11:30:28 PM »

This doesn't match any other polling/exit polls we've seen so far.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 02:43:17 AM »

Except that they don't because you didn't read the table right. 46% of the 9% of Dem voters who view trump favorably are bernie supporters. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 02:54:33 AM »

The crosstabs on the Dem side look pretty off. Hillary's best racial group being whites? Her best region being the Bay Area? Uh, okay...
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 02:59:09 AM »

SurveyUSA is notorious, going all the way back to the 2008 cycle, for having ridiculous crosstabs coupled with accurate toplines.  I don't know how that works, but it does, somehow.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 03:19:04 AM »

Does anyone really think that Clinton is going to win a semi-closed primary in California by more than she won a closed primary in New York in the end? I doubt it.

As for Cruz, his support may be collapsing.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 08:30:48 AM »

He dug his own grave with his arrogant shenanigans. After he got trashed last week in the NE, no one's taking him seriously anymore. And I don't see him winning anywhere else besides Nebraska and maybe Montana.

Hopefully his lying ass drops out after Indiana, I'm getting sick of hearing about him.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2016, 10:30:17 AM by Holmes »

Does anyone really think that Clinton is going to win a semi-closed primary in California by more than she won a closed primary in New York in the end? I doubt it.

There are more non-whites in California, to be fair. She'll probably get NYC or Philly numbers in LA county, and the Bay Area isn't all Marin and Berkley so it won't be the Sanders blowout some people are thinking it'll be. Oakland, Solano, Napa, even Yolo should be Clinton territory.
Hydera

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2016, 10:46:31 AM »

Hillary will probably get 20% margins in SoCal. And Bernie gets 20% margins in NorCal where its white and voted like the mountain west back in 2008 for Obama.  Meanwhile Bay Area will be close due to Asians and White Liberals for Bernie and White suburbanites and blacks/hispanics for Hillary.

Problem for Bernie is that rural NorCal is too unpopulated it wont makeup for losing big in SoCal.

MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2016, 10:48:47 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me if either Trump and/or Hillary come out on top in California. However, I wouldn't dismiss a Sanders victory either.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2016, 11:36:11 AM »

There are more non-whites in California, to be fair. She'll probably get NYC or Philly numbers in LA county, and the Bay Area isn't all Marin and Berkley so it won't be the Sanders blowout some people are thinking it'll be. Oakland, Solano, Napa, even Yolo should be Clinton territory.

Oakland's definitely Clinton territory thanks to a little thing called the black vote, amazing how people keep forgetting that when discussing Bay Area politics, especially since they were the dominant minority until just a few years ago [and probably the vote that kept Alameda in the blue through the '80's]. That little tid bit is what will put Clinton over the top once factoring in every other thing.

Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2016, 03:46:12 PM »

Yolo County resident. I doubt that it'll go for Hillary. There's too many college students and liberals in Davis for it to go to Clinton. Solano and Alameda (Oakland) definitely will vote for Hillary though, and Napa wouldn't surprise me if it does as well.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies