Trump slams Clinton for "disgraceful" treatment of husband's mistresses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:07:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump slams Clinton for "disgraceful" treatment of husband's mistresses
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump slams Clinton for "disgraceful" treatment of husband's mistresses  (Read 2368 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2016, 01:13:56 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-slams-hillary-clinton-nasty-mean-enabler-husband-s-affairs-n569791

[quote]
"She's been the total enabler. She would go after these women and destroy their lives," Trump said. "She was an unbelievably nasty, mean enabler, and what she did to a lot of those women is disgraceful."

His comments came as part of a defense against recent attacks from Democrats focused on his controversial comments and stances on women's issues. Trump told the crowd "nobody respects women more than me," but in contrast, "nobody in this country, and maybe in the history of the country politically, was worse than Bill Clinton with women."

"Have you ever read what Hillary Clinton did to the women that Bill Clinton had affairs with? And they're going after me with women?" he added, incredulously, without citing any specific examples or sources.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »

If anyone knows how to treat mistresses correctly, it is Donald Trump.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 01:16:47 PM »

This is just the beginning. Roger Stone said he plans to drag out Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick, et al for ads and interviews.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 01:18:13 PM »

This is just the beginning. Roger Stone said he plans to drag out Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick, et al for ads and interviews.

But what does that even have to do with Hillary?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »

But what does that even have to do with Hillary?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264988-bill-clinton-rape-accuser-hillary-tried-to-silence-me
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 01:22:21 PM »

How long before this gets dragged up:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=194045.0
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »

He'll bring up anything and everything he gets his hands on.  I can even see him insinuating that Hillary murdered Vince Foster.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 01:30:11 PM »

again: he's right, but has zero credibility on this issue given he himself is a rapist.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 01:40:38 PM »

Donald Trump, a moral authorityTM
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 01:41:54 PM »

again: he's right, but has zero credibility on this issue given he himself is a rapist.

lol
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 01:52:06 PM »

lol

typical fascist drumpfbacke, getting triggered by the truth
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 01:59:58 PM »

Is this actually a thing? Can you give a link?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 02:06:09 PM »

Is this actually a thing? Can you give a link?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-ex-wife-claim-he-raped-her-resurfaces-in-new-documentary-a6836151.html
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »

This will be as effective at helping Trump with women as tweeting about taco bowls is at helping with Hispanics.

tallguy23
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 03:47:47 PM »

The Lewinsky scandal gave Hillary huge approval ratings. The American people felt bad for her and she gained a huge amount of sympathy.

Dragging that out again, especially when so many voters don't care or don't remember it, would just hurt Trump.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 03:52:04 PM »

Each election cycle gets uglier. This likely will dwarf 2008 and 2012.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 03:54:22 PM »

The Lewinsky scandal gave Hillary huge approval ratings. The American people felt bad for her and she gained a huge amount of sympathy.

Dragging that out again, especially when so many voters don't care or don't remember it, would just hurt Trump.

2016 is a lot differently culturally from 1997. Had the scandal happened today, for instance, it's basically impossible for me to imagine she stays with him. It would be much more politically prudent for her to leave. By the same token, I can't imagine the sympathy factory would play out the same. I think people would view her pitiful or foolish more than anything.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 04:04:23 PM »

I would love to see Hillary address this head on, open up, and show vulnerability while discussing the pain she felt as a result of what her husband did. Probably a sh-tty thing to relive, but Trump needs to be careful that he doesn't give Hillary an opportunity to humanize herself. I think a lot of people would cut Hillary some slack for hating on her husband's mistresses.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 04:10:18 PM »

I would love to see Hillary address this head on, open up, and show vulnerability while discussing the pain she felt as a result of what her husband did. Probably a sh-tty thing to relive, but Trump needs to be careful that he doesn't give Hillary an opportunity to humanize herself. I think a lot of people would cut Hillary some slack for hating on her husband's mistresses.

She should hate her husband. Not the women, who did nothing wrong.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 04:20:56 PM »

Since when is carrying on a long-term affair with a man you know to be married "nothing wrong?"

Obviously Bill's sins were worse, but let's not pretend these women were innocent.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 06:00:34 PM »

If anyone knows how to treat mistresses correctly, it is Donald Trump.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 06:14:13 PM »

George W. Bush won New Hampshire because of the Levinsky scandal, so Democrats should be careful about this. The real question is whether this backfires on Trump, in which case it could mean a yuge landslide loss (I could see NH voting like MA or MD in this case, for example). This is a very dangerous strategy with a  50/50 chance of being successful.

NH stuff aside, this is the primary way I could see Trump winning absent a 2008 style economic collapse.  I think we are about to hear a lot about "Raping Bill."

He's trying to trigger one of those, too.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 06:31:24 PM »

Take it from someone whose mother is currently going through a similar situation: There's a lot of hate to go around when you are so completely betrayed, and, again, I think people would cut Hillary some slack for having an appropriately emotional response to the situation, as well as to all those involved. Trump shouldn't go there.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 07:10:01 PM »

Take it from someone whose mother is currently going through a similar situation: There's a lot of hate to go around when you are so completely betrayed, and, again, I think people would cut Hillary some slack for having an appropriately emotional response to the situation, as well as to all those involved. Trump shouldn't go there.

You're probably right, and I probably shouldn't worry.  But the fact that there is probably enough evidence in the Juanita Broaddrick case to get Clinton expelled from most universities today gives me pause that part of the left could revolt over this.

Is there really? The impression I've gotten from articles I've read is that it's pretty widely believed that Clinton and Braddock were having a long-term consensual affair and Braddock made the whole thing up because her husband found out and got mad.

It really wouldn't look good for Hillary to point all this out (not only would she be talking about yet another affair of her husband's, but the optics of saying a rape accuser is lying aren't going to come across well, even if she is), but if Braddock starts campaigning with Trump or whatever, I guess she'll have to.
skoods
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 07:47:33 PM »

I would love to see Hillary address this head on, open up, and show vulnerability while discussing the pain she felt as a result of what her husband did. Probably a sh-tty thing to relive, but Drumpf needs to be careful that he doesn't give Hillary an opportunity to humanize herself. I think a lot of people would cut Hillary some slack for hating on her husband's mistresses.

woof. This line of thought is even too "progressive" for me. You're definitely at least partially at fault if you're engaging in sexual congress with a married individual and are aware of it. I don't care if you're not the one who's married. You know right and wrong and you betrayed virtue.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies