MA: Clinton 55 Trump 31
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:42:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MA: Clinton 55 Trump 31
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Clinton 55 Trump 31  (Read 2893 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:22:03 PM »

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2016/05/08/results-boston-globe-poll-general-election/tgV5EHpKm3PMQMN1B7DbrN/story.html?p1=Article_Related_Box_Article

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:31:42 PM »

If clinton is up 12 in NC and only down 1 in Georgia, she's doing better here than what the poll says.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 08:44:19 PM »

If clinton is up 12 in NC and only down 1 in Georgia, she's doing better here than what the poll says.

I'm about as bearish on Trump as possible, but there's no way he's down by 12 in NC.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 08:55:04 PM »

I'm about as bearish on Trump as possible, but there's no way he's down by 12 in NC.

He might be. It has the largest hispanic population in the south outside florida.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 11:16:52 PM »

We're assuming uniform swing. I think Trump might have relative strength in the northeast, and a fairly high ceiling. The Republicans there are far more united behind him than those in the Midwest or West.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 11:26:56 PM »

Fourteen percent undecideds is a bit high for Massachusetts, but I'm guessing most of them will break for Hillary. Maybe it's the Bernie bots who are toying with the notion of voting for Jill Stein. Lol
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 11:58:30 PM »

We're assuming uniform swing. I think Trump might have relative strength in the northeast, and a fairly high ceiling. The Republicans there are far more united behind him than those in the Midwest or West.

I'm also guessing there's a bit of a dead cat bounce going on in all of the extremely red or blue states. 2012 was about as polarizing an election as we have seen in terms of number of states decided by single digits. A state that already votes 60+% for one party consistently probably isn't going to swing just because of the individual candidates on the ballot.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 12:57:03 AM »

Could Trump do better in MA than in NH?

No.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 01:32:07 AM »

New Poll: Massachusetts President by Suffolk University on 2016-05-05

Summary: D: 55%, R: 31%, U: 14%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 01:59:42 AM »

B-b-but TRUMP will make inroads with New England white men!

Could Trump do better in MA than in NH?

At this point, the only person who's listening to your ridiculous conspiracy theory is yourself.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 02:20:08 AM »

I told you Clinton would be under 60 in MA.  This makes me really want to see NH and PA numbers.  Could Trump be within 5 or even up?

You realize this is the same margin Obama won MA by, right? She's "under 60" because there are 14% undecided.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 02:22:25 AM »

I told you Clinton would be under 60 in MA.  This makes me really want to see NH and PA numbers.  Could Trump be within 5 or even up?

Sometimes, you can really tell when people are talking about states they've never been to.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 02:29:28 AM »

Clinton is not up 12 in NC, or 9 for that matter. She is probably up 1 in GA though. PPP has a much better track record in the state.

If anything, I would say the Civitas poll is rigged to help promote #NeverTrump. It is a movement conservative organization.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 02:42:53 AM »

Clinton is leading Trump by LBJ-like margins in NH polls. Expecting Trump to win NH is like expecting Vermont to vote for George Wallace.

The problem with this argument is that only one New Hampshire poll has come out since February, and it had a 10-day sample.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 06:38:21 AM »

All of the moderate heroes that I are undecided or voting for Trump. Trump has also secured the vote of my schools very old nun.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 06:45:09 AM »

All of the moderate heroes that I are undecided or voting for Trump. Trump has also secured the vote of my schools very old nun.

oh well then
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 09:11:01 AM »

Oh well, I see that a lot of past Trump supporters, after trolling for almost one year with TRUMP and similar things, are now Hillary supporters. Not a big surprise.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 11:00:17 AM »

Oh well, I see that a lot of past Trump supporters, after trolling for almost one year with TRUMP and similar things, are now Hillary supporters. Not a big surprise.

It was always clear that they were only ironic Trump supporters. I wonder how they will react when Trump wins in November, though? lol

Trump isn't winning in November (or in WI).
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 11:01:08 AM »

It was always clear that they were only ironic Trump supporters. I wonder how they will react when Trump wins in November, though? lol

Okay. lol
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 11:02:05 AM »

Okay. lol

You can lol all you want, you are the one making baseless predictions contrary to all available evidence.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 07:23:10 PM »

He might be. It has the largest hispanic population in the south outside florida.

That's not saying much.

Regardless, thank goodness we're getting polls out of key swing states like MA. Roll Eyes
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 01:33:18 PM »

How many of the actually vote, though?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies