OR- OPB/DHM Research: Clinton +11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:56:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OR- OPB/DHM Research: Clinton +11 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OR- OPB/DHM Research: Clinton +11  (Read 2271 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:17:49 PM »

This should be a Trump > Generic R state- overwhelmingly white, culturally blue, and with more residual WWC Dem support than most of the country.  Want to see WA soon.

Not really. Trump has no appeal to white voters in this part of the country who aren't already voting exclusively Republican. He might even turn off some Republican voters in Eastern OR. Clinton will almost certainly win by more than this.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 10:34:17 PM »

Oregon is an inelastic state, but this is underwhelming for Clinton.

FTFY

I think Trump can appeal to white voters across the state and moderate certain positions to be able to take OR. Hillary Clinton is a weak GE candidate and Trump would be a fool not to make a play for the state in November.

I welcome Trump to waste as much time and money in OR as he pleases. White voters in the Pacific Northwest are not like white voters in WV. Most voters here are either very liberal or very conservative (those two groups are not even in number, though), and as I said, Trump is more likely to alienate very conservative voters than he is to appeal to very liberal voters. The few moderate voters in OR wouldn't be enough for Trump even if they voted for him, and they won't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies