FL/OH/PA Quinnipiac: Close races everywhere
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:25:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL/OH/PA Quinnipiac: Close races everywhere
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL/OH/PA Quinnipiac: Close races everywhere  (Read 2728 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2016, 05:41:13 AM »
« edited: May 11, 2016, 05:44:24 AM by TN volunteer »

Florida

Patrick Murphy (D): 36%
Ron DeSantis (R): 35%

Patrick Murphy (D): 37%
David Jolly (R): 34%

Patrick Murphy (D): 38%
Carlos Beruff (R): 32%

Carlos Lopez-Cantera (R): 34%

Todd Wilcox (R): 33%

Alan Grayson (D): 36%
Carlos Beruff (R): 35%

Ron DeSantis (R): 38%
Alan Grayson (D): 36%

Alan Grayson (D): 37%
Carlos Lopez-Cantera (R): 37%

David Jolly (R): 37%
Alan Grayson (D): 35%

Todd Wilcox (R): 37%
Alan Grayson (D): 35%

Ohio

Ted Strickland (D): 43%
Rob Portman (R, inc.): 42%

Pennsylvania

Pat Toomey (R, inc.): 45%
Katie McGinty (D): 44%

Link.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 07:38:00 AM »

Confirms what I was thinking about these races: (almost) always straight Patty ticket.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 07:55:33 AM »

Go Strickland & McGinty
swf541

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:34:45 AM »

And Murphy, still a bit irked Sestak lost, but McGinty's fine.  I was worried it was going to look alot worse consideirng the presi numbers
JMT

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 10:45:26 AM »

Has there been any recent polling on the primary (for both parties) for the Florida senate race?

Also, I'm surprised to see how close PA is at this point. Might be an outlier at this point, but I did always expect the race would tighten, just not this soon. I really think McGinty can win, hopefully I'm right about this!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 11:27:56 AM »

In a Trump yr, Pa and NH are solid blue states along with CO & NV
 Even Toomey isn't safe
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 01:50:21 PM »

Last Quinnipiac poll had Toomey +9 on McGinty, for the record.
syntaxerror
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.04

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 01:54:43 PM »

McGinty doing much better than I expected.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 02:25:15 PM »

I'm guessing it's a post-primary effect. The race will be close.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 02:57:24 PM »

I'm guessing it's a post-primary effect. The race will be close.

Yeah, Toomey was never going to win by a landslide like the older polls showed. That said, McGinty is getting a post primary bounce. Sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't. I'm hoping this one does.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 04:40:32 PM »

Wow, even with the ridiculous heavily white samples Democrats are still well positioned in all three.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 05:02:11 PM »

So glad that Sestak lost the primary. I feel very confident about OH and PA.

You are confident about both of their chances and first poll out has her tied and Strickland too. 
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 06:54:20 PM »

If this poll is accurate, this is terrible news for Toomey and (especially) Strickland. They should be outperforming Trump by a lot. I still think PA is Lean R for now, but clearly Toomey isn't as safe as some earlier polls suggested. FL will probably be up in the air until the primary.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 07:00:17 PM »

This could be nearly a replay of the Senatorial election of 2006, with Republicans losing several incumbent seats. If an incumbent is up by 1 he is in deep trouble.  Toomey and Portman both need strong Republican environments for winning, and this is not 2010 or 2014 again.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 07:11:31 PM »

If this poll is accurate, this is terrible news for Toomey and (especially) Strickland. They should be outperforming Trump by a lot. I still think PA is Lean R for now, but clearly Toomey isn't as safe as some earlier polls suggested. FL will probably be up in the air until the primary.
Do you mean Portman?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 07:47:55 PM »

Do you mean Portman?
One thing this poll found was that Strickland had a higher percentage of people viewing him unfavorably. However, a lot of people also said they didn't know enough about Portman to have an opinion of him. That's good for Portman in that he can make inroads with some of them, but it's bad at the same time because he lags in name recognition and those people may not like him. Anyway, I say PA Tilts R at the moment, FL will lean R with Grayson as the Democratic nominee, tossup with Murphy as the Democratic nominee. Ohio is a a pure tossup right now.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 09:10:34 PM »

I'm beginning to think that this could be a Democratic wave year if Trump doesn't recover quickly.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 10:12:18 PM »

Do you mean Portman?

Yes, I meant Portman. My bad.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »

Do you mean Portman?

Yes, I meant Portman. My bad.
That's cool

One thing this poll found was that Strickland had a higher percentage of people viewing him unfavorably. However, a lot of people also said they didn't know enough about Portman to have an opinion of him. That's good for Portman in that he can make inroads with some of them, but it's bad at the same time because he lags in name recognition and those people may not like him. Anyway, I say PA Tilts R at the moment, FL will lean R with Grayson as the Democratic nominee, tossup with Murphy as the Democratic nominee. Ohio is a pure tossup right now.
You raise a good point. I've been following the campaign through PPP, Portman's name recognition has been lower than Strickland's since last June. That said, the more voters recognize him, the higher his favorability goes. He's gone from net -24 favorable to -8, while Strickland's gone from -11 to -9.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 06:31:39 AM »

Take it with a grain of salt, but a family friend who is a top lobbyist for Boeing (among other companies) and extremely well-connected with Portman's office said that Portman thinks he'll lose and that the Portman camp's last internal had Strickland up by four points.  They're planning to flood the airwaves, but don't think anything short of dead girl/live boy will tarnish Strickland's brand in Appalachia while the suburbs and cities will be brutal due to Trump and Presidential turnout respectively. 
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 06:33:06 AM »

Take it with a grain of salt, but a family friend who is a top lobbyist for Boeing (among other companies) and extremely well-connected with Portman's office said that Portman thinks he'll lose and that the Portman camp's last internal had Strickland up by four points.  They're planning to flood the airwaves, but don't think anything short of dead girl/live boy will tarnish Strickland's brand in Appalachia while the suburbs and cities will be brutal due to Trump and Presidential turnout respectively. 
Well, great news Cheesy
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 09:50:57 AM »

Wow, that's surprising. Even if Trump loses nationally, I still expect him to do very well in OH. Are there that many potential Trump/Strickland voters? I really thought Portman would be able to beat Strickland quite handily... Strickland has a pretty terrible record as governor, IIRC.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 10:23:12 AM »

Wow, that's surprising. Even if Trump loses nationally, I still expect him to do very well in OH. Are there that many potential Trump/Strickland voters? I really thought Portman would be able to beat Strickland quite handily... Strickland has a pretty terrible record as governor, IIRC.
Oh, my gosh. Usually Portman and Strickland are neck and neck, sometimes Portman even a little ahead. I know that Strickland's record as governor was bad, and Republicans are attacking it, but I know Strickland and the Clintons are close. I also believe he heavily campaigned for Hillary in 2008. I really have no clue as to how the presidential race affects this race, TBH, but I thought Portman would still outperform Trump, and I had this race as Lean R for a while. I guess it's now a toss up.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies