FL/OH/PA Quinnipiac: Close races everywhere (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:53:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL/OH/PA Quinnipiac: Close races everywhere (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL/OH/PA Quinnipiac: Close races everywhere  (Read 2778 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« on: May 11, 2016, 07:11:31 PM »

If this poll is accurate, this is terrible news for Toomey and (especially) Strickland. They should be outperforming Trump by a lot. I still think PA is Lean R for now, but clearly Toomey isn't as safe as some earlier polls suggested. FL will probably be up in the air until the primary.
Do you mean Portman?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »

If this poll is accurate, this is terrible news for Toomey and (especially) Strickland. They should be outperforming Trump by a lot. I still think PA is Lean R for now, but clearly Toomey isn't as safe as some earlier polls suggested. FL will probably be up in the air until the primary.
Do you mean Portman?

Yes, I meant Portman. My bad.
That's cool

One thing this poll found was that Strickland had a higher percentage of people viewing him unfavorably. However, a lot of people also said they didn't know enough about Portman to have an opinion of him. That's good for Portman in that he can make inroads with some of them, but it's bad at the same time because he lags in name recognition and those people may not like him. Anyway, I say PA Tilts R at the moment, FL will lean R with Grayson as the Democratic nominee, tossup with Murphy as the Democratic nominee. Ohio is a pure tossup right now.
You raise a good point. I've been following the campaign through PPP, Portman's name recognition has been lower than Strickland's since last June. That said, the more voters recognize him, the higher his favorability goes. He's gone from net -24 favorable to -8, while Strickland's gone from -11 to -9.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies