DRA stuff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:25:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  DRA stuff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DRA stuff  (Read 33749 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« on: October 03, 2017, 12:45:38 PM »

Not quite sure if this is the best place to put it...but I think DRA is getting 2016 data added very slowly:

I'm not sure if any other state besides GA has it yet. But if they are all going to get it, then this is really going to help in the future.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 06:53:29 PM »

Myself and some guys at 538 are working to get 2012/2016 data on the App in every state.

I love what you guys are doing, today I went through and updated my nationwide fair districts to the new numbers - Iowa, Ohio, and Wisconsin are really nice to have. I really can't wait for Illinois, Missouri,  Indiana, and Arizona, I really want to see what the states look like without the home state advantages.

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »

How is the 2012/2016 PVI being calculated, out of curiousity? Also is it national PVI or based on each state? Love it!

Like everything else on DRA, the data is precinct by precinct then averaged/added together for the district wide results. As I showed in my pic, that is the current Cook PVI for GA - 04 (which I colored using the auto-color from previous districts), so it is based on nationwide results.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 05:15:58 PM »

Colorado now has 2012/2016 PVIs. Others might as well!

Edit: so does Virginia!

Currently there is 2012/2016 data for: CO, GA, HI, IA, KS, MA, MD, MN, NC, NH, NV, OH, OK, RI, TN, UT, VA, WI, and WV.

The site appears to update and ad new data every Saturday/Sunday. Last week, instead of adding new states, the data was changed to now present to the second decimal rather then just be a single number.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »

Colorado now has 2012/2016 PVIs. Others might as well!

Edit: so does Virginia!

Currently there is 2012/2016 data for: CO, GA, HI, IA, KS, MA, MD, MN, NC, NH, NV, OH, OK, RI, TN, UT, VA, WI, and WV.

The site appears to update and ad new data every Saturday/Sunday. Last week, instead of adding new states, the data was changed to now present to the second decimal rather then just be a single number.

Added today were AZ, IN, KY, MO, MS, OR, and PA, though only about half of PA's precincts have the 2012-2016 data. This makes PA's data unusable as of now.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 08:57:25 PM »

I was just checking this today, and then saw your post. Since this map was created, NY, FL, and IL have had data added to then. CA at the time of this maps creation only had 12/16 data for it's useless voting districts data (the version with 200,000 pop tracts that is not used by anyone but the census) and now has 12/16 data for the block groups (the one with 2008 data, and with actual precincts).

It is quite possible we never get the at-large states, or get them all last, since the congressional PVIs are the same in their cases as the well known state PVIs.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 10:19:16 PM »

I was peeking around in the deep South just now due to Jones's victory and what districts could be drawn, and I saw Louisiana had PVI. This sent me to the other states missing data, and I can confirm that CT, LA, and TX now have PVI. This means that Michigan is the last multi-district state without 12/16 PVI data. One would think that this spot would be California's be default, but no - it is Michigan's.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2017, 10:41:00 PM by Oryxslayer »

I was peeking around in the deep South just now due to Jones's victory and what districts could be drawn, and I saw Louisiana had PVI. This sent me to the other states missing data, and I can confirm that CT, LA, and TX now have PVI. This means that Michigan is the last multi-district state without 12/16 PVI data. One would think that this spot would be California's be default, but no - it is Michigan's.

Pennsylvania data is incomplete.

This was mentioned elsewhere but not here - so I should repeat it. PA apparently changed there precincts in some massive way - so the map that DRA automatically selects at the top of the select list is outdated and missing data. You need to click the next one down, or the second map for full 2012/16 data.

You need to select 2010 Voting Districts.

You should not select 2010 Voting Districts (Updated by the state)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 09:54:10 PM »

The raw data was created by Ryne Rohla who is RealisticIdealist...fail.

If you go to his 2016 election precinct map thread, he mentions that he was adding it in. 538 simply used the data present in dra to draw their maps.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies