Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:23:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]
Author Topic: Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)  (Read 37321 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2016, 04:11:16 AM »

At-Large Senator:
Took Office: May 1st, 2015
Leaving office: May 6th, 2016
Terms: 3
Senates: 6
Months 12
Days: 371

Number of Senate Bills:
Number of Amendments Offered:

I actually have stats on the last one from March 2011 until December 2014, so that is not as difficult to find out.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2016, 12:11:30 PM »

I will miss my only ally about "giving more powers to the VP". Sad

...Its my feelin we'll win in the end.

Stick it Polnut. Without 80's music, none of this would have happened. The music is magic. Evil

Looks like we did. Told you it was magical. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2016, 12:53:48 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2016, 12:55:28 PM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #328 on: May 15, 2016, 11:26:14 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2016, 11:30:12 PM by Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Official Statement on Convention Passage of the Fouth Constitution -

Seven years ago, I ran for Senate running on a platform that advocated for reform and promised to protect Regional Rights. Over the course of the ensuing years balancing those two were very difficult and many times, with the reforms coming from noted centralists, almost all crossed the line in the latter regard and therefore necessitated opposition such as the all At-Large Senate and attempts at watering down the ratification process as a pipeline for radicalist proposal.

In spite of that I was always able to cooperate with people, including many of those I disagree with. The first push for consolidation was not in 2013, but in 2012 and it was being champion by Antonio. I was not in board with it at the time, but I got it before the Senate and assisted as best I could with crafting the proposal. It went nowhere, because the powers that be at the time were not interested in taking it up.

In 2013, we had Atlasia realligned by rimjob and I was faced with trying to balance assisting the reform effort and representing the overwhelmingly regionalist population of the South at that time. I offered constructive input, warned against what threatened it the most and ways to assuage concerns (I was ignored), and finally had to hurriedly rush it back to the floor after inactive radicals killed it by not voting. It passed overwhelmingly the second time, only to fail in three regions and garnering a 60% Nay vote natiownide (who says Regional results never match the ratification PV nationwide. Tongue) .

Since July, I found myself trying to contend with a different balancing act. That of supporting reform, but trying to protect the convention from false narratives spread by radicals that it was my minions and cronies (Which makes no sense, but then again nothing those crazy people did made sense) blocking "real change" (read dissolution). Once they departed and finding myself as a delegate, I was able to embrace what was becoming a solid reform effort, even if the pace was maddening at times.

This constitution, successfully reforms the regions and reduces the number of offices, while preserving and even strengthening the balance of powers and also preserving political competition in its wake. All important attributes, which ensure that this constitution would meet with success, precisely because it was not guided by the extremist demands of radical hostage takers, but instead was formulated on the basis of sound reason and reform minded Atlasians from all over the political landscape. I therefore urge the regions to speedily ratify this constitution that we may move forward to a new chapter in Atlasian history. Our job is filling out the pages of that new chapter with the stories and triumps of Atlasian participants.

I call on Atlasians both new and old to join in at this present moment. People like Scott, who has returned after a long absence, and a string of newer people joining over the last weeks and months. I call on them to give Atlasia a chance to be something special, something entertaining, something fun.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies