Oregon could be a swing state in 2016. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:01:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Oregon could be a swing state in 2016. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oregon could be a swing state in 2016.  (Read 8144 times)
BundouYMB

« on: May 17, 2016, 01:13:51 PM »

Wyoming could be a swing state in 2016.

Yes, that makes zero sense and there's zero evidence to back it up, but I'm going to insist it could be a swing state anyways.

1. Party Affiliation.

http://soswy.state.wy.us/Elections/Docs/VRStats/2016/16MayVR_stats.pdf

Republicans 69%, Democrats 21%, Independents 10%.

If Hillary gets a measly 40% of Republicans and 100% of Democrats and Independents she would get 50% of the vote.

2. Racial Demogrpahics.

Voters Shares(considering Turnouts) in 2016, it would be

White 93% | Native American 3% | Black 2% | Asian 1%

Yes, Wyoming whites have virtually no history of voting for Democrats, and have voted overwhelmingly for Republicans in Presidential elections for decades, but LBJ won Wyoming only 56 years ago and I refuse to acknowledge that any new voters may have been born since then.

If Hillary can win those LBJ Democrats (mostly whites) than, in the poetic words of StatesPoll, "it is a worth to challenge."

3. 27% of people in Wyoming are evangelical. Which is only 2% lower than fellow swing state Oregon. I refuse to listen to any rational explanation for this, such as the state's large, overwhelmingly Republican Mormon population and instead cling to this one out of context factoid as "evidence" for my moronic thesis.

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/religious-tradition/evangelical-protestant/

So by my calculations that means Wyoming could be 239.5% Clinton | -1% Trump,       dead heat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies