PR-Pasquines: Clinton +34
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:25:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PR-Pasquines: Clinton +34
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PR-Pasquines: Clinton +34  (Read 1775 times)
dspNY
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2016, 07:25:40 PM »

Clinton 64, Sanders 30 (was 65-34 last time). Poll taken from May 23-30

https://pasquines.us/2016/06/03/hillary-clinton-keeps-lead-over-bernie-sanders-in-puerto-rico-primary/
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 07:26:51 PM »

Sounds about what I would expect.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 07:26:59 PM »

Seems reasonable.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 08:07:44 PM »

Clinton will be within 20 delegates of the nomination after this weekend. Majestic!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 09:23:50 PM »

Clinton will be within 20 delegates of the nomination after this weekend. Majestic!

She'll only need like 20% of the vote in NJ to clinch. I wonder if they'll call it for her immediately, or wait until 1% is in first. lol
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 09:27:09 PM »

A bunch of superdelegates can come out in support for her on Sunday and she'll clinch, but I kind of want it to happen after the polls close on Tuesday.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 09:28:20 PM »

She'll only need like 20% of the vote in NJ to clinch. I wonder if they'll call it for her immediately, or wait until 1% is in first. lol
I believe they called it for Obama before any votes were counted on the final primary day, however they had exit polls.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 09:28:34 PM »

A bunch of superdelegates can come out in support for her on Sunday and she'll clinch, but I kind of want it to happen after the polls close on Tuesday.

Nah, that won't happen. There's no incentive. If anything she's probably telling any superdelegates to hold off to ensure the timing.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 09:29:54 PM »

I believe they called it for Obama before any votes were counted on the final primary day, however they had exit polls.

Yeah, exactly. I've noticed they never call anything without exit polls, no matter how obvious the results are. They let states like Louisiana and Utah sit for quite a while before calling them. So they'll probably want some vote in first to "ensure" she gets above 20%, lol.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 11:13:27 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2016, 11:16:38 PM by Wulfric »

Yeah, exactly. I've noticed they never call anything without exit polls, no matter how obvious the results are. They let states like Louisiana and Utah sit for quite a while before calling them. So they'll probably want some vote in first to "ensure" she gets above 20%, lol.

Something that I'm not completely ruling out is some of the networks not calling the nomination until CA polls close. MSNBC has an ambitious decision desk and is quite pro-Hillary, so they'll call it, but I could easily see Wolf Blitzer saying something along the lines of "Out of respect to the Sanders campaign and to avoid influencing the election, CNN will not call the nomination until polls have closed in all states.".

Also, using the CNN delegate count as the starting point, the minimum Clinton % needed in New Jersey, giving Clinton a 5-2 allocation in the virgin islands and a 64-36 win in PR, is a ridiculously easy 21.5%.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 11:27:52 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2016, 11:29:58 PM by Holmes »

Wolf Blitzer didn't do that for Clinton in 2008 when the race was much closer. They called the nomination for Obama after South Dakota closed, even though their exit polling showed him losing the state. And they always call the winner of the electoral college (and Presidential election) the moment someone passes 270, even if not all polls in the country have closed. There's really no precedent for the media feeling bad for the losing candidate and not calling a race when someone's won.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 11:30:11 PM »

Wolf Blitzer didn't do that for Clinton in 2008 when the race was much closer. They called the nomination for Obama after South Dakota closed, even though their exit polling showed him losing the state. And they always call the winner of the electoral college (and Presidential election) the moment someone passes 270, even if not all polls in the country have closed.
Yeah, I think they'll all call it before California closes. What else will they talk about for a couple of hours?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 12:02:11 AM »

Wolf Blitzer didn't do that for Clinton in 2008 when the race was much closer. They called the nomination for Obama after South Dakota closed, even though their exit polling showed him losing the state. And they always call the winner of the electoral college (and Presidential election) the moment someone passes 270, even if not all polls in the country have closed.
Yeah, I think they'll all call it before California closes. What else will they talk about for a couple of hours?
Why would they wait, networks don't want to be behind in their calls or news. They generally pride themselves on beeing the first to call an election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 12:12:40 AM »

Wolf Blitzer didn't do that for Clinton in 2008 when the race was much closer. They called the nomination for Obama after South Dakota closed, even though their exit polling showed him losing the state. And they always call the winner of the electoral college (and Presidential election) the moment someone passes 270, even if not all polls in the country have closed. There's really no precedent for the media feeling bad for the losing candidate and not calling a race when someone's won.

Key word, after. That's different.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 12:20:39 AM »

That's a fair point, though the only other state that had yet to close was Montana that year, and it closed an hour after South Dakota. This time around, an early call might impact the race in California, since New Jersey closes three hours before it, and there are millions voting there, not to mention four other states which are also voting. I'm not saying they'll wait, but that's how they might justify it.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 12:43:18 AM »

Something that I'm not completely ruling out is some of the networks not calling the nomination until CA polls close. MSNBC has an ambitious decision desk and is quite pro-Hillary, so they'll call it, but I could easily see Wolf Blitzer saying something along the lines of "Out of respect to the Sanders campaign and to avoid influencing the election, CNN will not call the nomination until polls have closed in all states.".

Also, using the CNN delegate count as the starting point, the minimum Clinton % needed in New Jersey, giving Clinton a 5-2 allocation in the virgin islands and a 64-36 win in PR, is a ridiculously easy 21.5%.

The MSNBC desk is not pro-Hillary, they're just usually quick to make calls... for anyone.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 02:15:40 AM »

I can't wait to see Reddit's reaction between NJ polls closing and CA polls closing.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 02:22:10 AM »

I can't wait to see Reddit's reaction between NJ polls closing and CA polls closing.

Imagine this: r/sandersforpresident literally calling into networks to insult them over counting super delegate endorsements.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 11:59:02 PM »

After the VI caucus today, this is looking pretty accurate.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 10:21:45 PM »

Looks like this was a little too favorable for Clinton, but kudos to them for having the courage to actually publish a PR poll. I doubt any of the major polling companies would have done any better.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 12:08:13 AM »

Looks like this was a little too favorable for Clinton, but kudos to them for having the courage to actually publish a PR poll. I doubt any of the major polling companies would have done any better.

They couldnt have possibly known turnout would have been as low as it was.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies