Who will Bernie blame his losses on tonight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:15:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will Bernie blame his losses on tonight?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who will Bernie blame his losses on tonight?  (Read 662 times)
NerdyBohemian
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 07, 2016, 02:09:08 PM »

So far he's blamed black people, poor people and the DNC. If you bet on "himself" they payout must be YUGE.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 02:14:18 PM »

He's not going to blame anybody. He is going to drop out.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:20:20 PM »

Plenty of blame to go around: black people, hispanics, poor people, that DNC woman, that misguided Clinton lady. Why the question? Isn't it obvious?  Smiley
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 02:24:51 PM »

"The system"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 02:31:05 PM »

Should probably wait to see if he loses with class before revving up the hate bandwagon.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 02:37:32 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2016, 02:43:53 PM by xingkerui »

Who will the anti-Sanders hacks blame his wins on?

Seriously, this is getting old. Relish in Hillary's victory to your heart's content, but unless Bernie goes rabid and starts peddling conspiracy theories and actually does stay in until the convention, let him be.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 02:39:15 PM »

Time to unite.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »

The AP's sinister declaration of Hillary's nomination clinch, one day before the primary, duh.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 03:23:12 PM »

He will just give a victory speech despite losing nearly every state. Same tactic we've seen all year from various losers.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 03:32:43 PM »

Who will the anti-Sanders hacks blame his wins on?

Seriously, this is getting old. Relish in Hillary's victory to your heart's content, but unless Bernie goes rabid and starts peddling conspiracy theories and actually does stay in until the convention, let him be.

Quite true. I find it ludicrous when Bernie attacks Hillary (even when I don't agree with his attacks), some of her supporters start screaming "MUH PARTY UNITY", but now that she's won it's "HAH WHAT A LOSER".

Just stop it. Some of you portray him as a racist, hatemongering, demagogue, whose only intent is to destroy America. There's already one candidate in this race like that right now, and if we are going to defeat him then we better unite.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 03:45:53 PM »

Just stop it. Some of you portray him as a racist, hatemongering, demagogue, whose only intent is to destroy America. There's already one candidate in this race like that right now, and if we are going to defeat him then we better unite.

Well I certainly don't support such over-the-top comments (like he's a racist/sexist/etc, i think he is a good man overall, tbh), but people are angry that he has stayed in the race long after his path to the nomination was effectively cut off, and he spent that time attacking Clinton (the actual presumptive nominee) despite the virtual impossibility of getting the nomination. So that has to be factored in here. He's the one continuing to keep the party split right now, and if he really does carry this to the convention, he'll leave only a few months for the party to get over this primary. That's very sh**tty of him because it'll all be for nothing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »

Well I certainly don't support such over-the-top comments (like he's a racist/sexist/etc, i think he is a good man overall, tbh), but people are angry that he has stayed in the race long after his path to the nomination was effectively cut off, and he spent that time attacking Clinton (the actual presumptive nominee) despite the virtual impossibility of getting the nomination. So that has to be factored in here. He's the one continuing to keep the party split right now, and if he really does carry this to the convention, he'll leave only a few months for the party to get over this primary. That's very sh**tty of him because it'll all be for nothing.

I think Sanders had every right to stay until Hillary actually got the magic number (much like Huckabee did in 2008, despite his path to victory being dead already). Given that she essentially reached the threshold just before these primaries, I think he should definitively at least suspend his campaign tomorrow.

That being said, this behavior and behavior of his campaign, especially now, is quite foolish. They're only risking that all their efforts, all raised issues are going to be wasted. It wasn't supposed to go that way.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 04:09:32 PM »

Good question. For somebody with such a sexist, pseudo-racist campaign, it's hard to tell.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 04:19:29 PM »

Like Meryl Streep in the movie Doubt, I have worries that you're right.  It's possible that a Trump win could erase all of these gains.

But I wouldn't say that it's all for nothing:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/5/bernie-sanders-social-security-expansion-flips-oba/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2016/05/20/hillary-clintons-medicare-buy-in-could-cover-7m-uninsured/#4139fe697b8e

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/04/bernie-turning-millennials-more-liberal%E2%80%94maybe
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 01:57:36 AM »

The AP's sinister declaration of Hillary's nomination clinch, one day before the primary, duh.

I've got my money on this.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 02:12:15 AM »

He's not going to blame anybody. He is going to drop out.

Agree.
It's just a matter of when.
He has every right to take his candidacy all the way to the convention.
I respect that, if that is what he does. (But my hope is that he concedes sooner.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies