PA-PPP: Clinton 41 Trump 40 Johnson 6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:28:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA-PPP: Clinton 41 Trump 40 Johnson 6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: PA-PPP: Clinton 41 Trump 40 Johnson 6  (Read 5362 times)
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 04:36:50 PM »

Lol this poll really has some people triggered.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2016, 04:40:05 PM »

Lol this poll really has some people triggered.
I pray for them once president trump outlaws safe spaces
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »

Democrats need to unify but me thinks that TRUMP getting 79% of Republicans isn't exactly something to write home about.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »

Democrats need to unify but me thinks that TRUMP getting 79% of Republicans isn't exactly something to write home about.
Both parties will unify somewhat but I don't see trump or Clinton raising their favorables by much
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 04:43:29 PM »

I can see Johnson playing a similar role to Eugene McCarthy in 1976: no serious support on nationwide level, but enough in close states to make some difference one way or the other.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2016, 04:52:07 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2016, 04:58:39 PM by Seriously? »

Glorious result. And not a junk poll!

PA is in play and Hillary! is in potential trouble because of that. But then again, PA always teases.

But we're sticking with Crooked Hillary! is a terrible candidate and Trump has Reagan Democrat appeal in the Northeast.

Tie Tie Tie!

Keep telling yourself that. Good luck with your fool's gold rush.
Honestly, I am not shocked at that result with where the race is at right now. Trump does have appeal to the so-called Reagan Democrats and there are a good number of them in PA. The state skews older.

With that said, I have no doubt that PA will be a battleground this cycle. Whether Trump can take it is open for debate. PA has proven elusive for many a Republican candidate.

If you actually read the poll, the entire reason this is tied is Sanders supporters, not Regan democrats.
I read the poll. If you could likewise re-read my comment, I clearly stated that I am NOT shocked with where this poll is based on the state of the race right now. I do think PA will legitimately be a tossup state in this cycle given the overall dynamics of the state, which trends older. There is an opportunity here, especially with Hillary!'s comments about coal miners in Western PA, that Trump could cash in on.

Time will tell what happens with the Bernie Bros, who could go to Hillary!, Trump, Stein or stay home on election night.

Nowhere did I say or intimate that Trump has this state on lockdown, just that this poll was a reasonable result of the state of the race right now and not junk by any means.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2016, 04:57:39 PM »

PA is in play and Hillary! is in potential trouble because of that. But then again, PA always teases.

But we're sticking with Crooked Hillary! is a terrible candidate and Trump has Reagan Democrat appeal in the Northeast.

Tie Tie Tie!

Disqualified from talking about politics. good day sir.
Sorry if my analysis has your feelings hurt, but it's true. Trump performed very well with that group in in the PA primary. The profile is older, Dems or Indies that are blue collar and voted for Reagan in the 1980s.

Hillary!'s missteps about coal miners will come back to bite her in the general in states like PA, KY, OH and WV. I don't have to accept that the 15% here that wouldn't vote for Hillary! is JUST disaffected Bernie Bros.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2016, 05:30:57 PM »

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP

Ahem. If Trump is in play in PA, OH and FL, it's excellent news for him.

You mean, it's excellent "news" for you because it puts NEW HAMPSHIRE into play?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2016, 05:34:14 PM »

You mean, it's excellent "news" for you because it puts NEW HAMPSHIRE into play?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?
Shh... you don't want to anger the big women and spread them to Maine.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »

Tie Tie Tie!

Sorry if my analysis has your feelings hurt, but it's true. Trump performed very well with that group in in the PA primary. The profile is older, Dems or Indies that are blue collar and voted for Reagan in the 1980s.

Hillary!'s missteps about coal miners will come back to bite her in the general in states like PA, KY, OH and WV. I don't have to accept that the 15% here that wouldn't vote for Hillary! is JUST disaffected Bernie Bros.

Do you think the unicorn vote might be Trump's saving grace here?  Or will enough leprechauns stay home for Hillary to claim a narrow win?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »

Shh... you don't want to anger the big women and spread them to Maine.

Right? TNVolunteer's obsession with that state is perplexing to me, almost as perplexing as jfern's manic hatred for you-know-who.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 05:45:57 PM »

This election will be much closer than it ever should have, makes me think the winner will be doomed to one term
Both could get impeached before that even happens.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 05:57:18 PM »

Right? TNVolunteer's obsession with that state is perplexing to me, almost as perplexing as jfern's manic hatred for you-know-who.
I mean, there's a middle-ground between "Trump will win NH 60-40" and "New Hampshire is run by a lilywhite estrogen cult." But why obsess over New Hampshire of all states?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 07:05:48 PM »

Let's not dismiss the possibility that PPP - one of the most reputable pollsters in the country over the past few years - just might know what they're talking about.

What?  By what measure are they "one of the most reputable pollsters in the country"?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/heres-proof-some-pollsters-are-putting-a-thumb-on-the-scale/
https://newrepublic.com/article/114769/ppp-methodology-results-arent-defense
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2016, 07:50:41 PM »

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT REAGAN'S ELECTION MAPS IN PENNSYLVANIA BEFORE TALKING ABOUT F[INKS]ING "REAGAN DEMOCRATS"

or better yet don't talk about them at all and only talk about voting groups that exist.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2016, 07:52:57 PM »

Tie Tie Tie!

lol feelings hurt

Reagan Democrats aren't a thing anymore. They vote Republican now, and they have since Reagan.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2016, 09:54:52 PM »

I don't really understand people getting so bent out of shape over a single poll. 
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2016, 09:56:34 PM »

Tie Tie Tie!

lol feelings hurt

Reagan Democrats aren't a thing anymore. They vote Republican now, and they have since Reagan.

That's true for most states, but not Pennsylvania.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2016, 10:44:09 PM »

That's interesting. Surprisingly weak result for Hillary considering her status and PA's likelihood to go Democratic statewide. I guarantee that her perceived disinterest in/outright dismissal of blue collar occupations and people (in favor of things like interventionist policies and cause-du-jour PC stuff, which don't help anyone), as well as untrustworthiness, will in the short term present her with problems in PA. Trump is a good choice to capitalize on all that.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2016, 10:47:45 PM »

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT REAGAN'S ELECTION MAPS IN PENNSYLVANIA BEFORE TALKING ABOUT F[INKS]ING "REAGAN DEMOCRATS"

or better yet don't talk about them at all and only talk about voting groups that exist.

Im looking at it?  Reagan won a ton of places that traditionally, and still to this day vote Democrat, while losing Western PA.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2016, 11:50:31 PM »

Im looking at it?  Reagan won a ton of places that traditionally, and still to this day vote Democrat, while losing Western PA.

And guess which part of the state is usually the one associated with having a large population of "Reagan Democrats"?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2016, 11:51:58 PM »

And guess which part of the state is usually the one associated with having a large population of "Reagan Democrats"?

Northeast Pennsylvania (Scranton)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2016, 06:24:13 AM »

This thread is confirmation bias at its worst

• Trump is a joke candidate
• PPP shows a close race in a light blue state
• PPP is a junk pollster because Trump is a joke candidate

Let's not dismiss the possibility that PPP - one of the most reputable pollsters in the country over the past few years - just might know what they're talking about.

Yeah, these same people were trumpeting PPP when it had Hillary doing well in primaries.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2016, 12:22:19 PM »

I don't really understand people getting so bent out of shape over a single poll. 
Because Trump is supposed to be the worst thing since moldy sliced bread to the red avatars on here.

The reality of where the LV polling is would have PA close. I expected a result like this.

As I have stated (and gotten ridiculed on here), PA is a state where NE "Reagan Democrats" a/k/a white, older blue collar workers could very well come back home to the Republican party and keep this state in the tossup camp.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2016, 12:38:10 PM »

You are being mocked because white older blue collar workers were not the "Reagan Democrats" in the 80s. And the actual Reagan Democrats are mostly consistent Republicans now or dead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies