Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:45:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish  (Read 11828 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2018, 02:17:45 PM »

The census data is very useful. I just went down it and took names.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2018, 02:29:23 PM »

Some people are in this game for the offices and running the elections. Some people are here just to watch and vote in the elections. Some of the voters follow the AFE boards closely and others rely more on the party system or PM campaigns to remind them about the elections. There's nothing wrong with that. Those voters are just as important to Atlasia as everyone else, and it kills me when I see a lot of them fall of the rolls, cause I know they used to enjoy just voting in the elections and stuff. Hell, I started out Atlasia just planning to be a voter before I got seduced by the trappings of campaigns and look where it got me.

I've even seen some candidates complaining about "horrific turnout" when I know for a fact that they didn't even campaign to all the voters or ask for their votes. Maybe instead of blaming the voters, candidates should actually go to them, give them their pitch, and see what happens? There's nothing wrong with "zombie voters," and PM campaigns are nothing to be ashamed of. And frankly, the more people stop doing them, the faster this game is going to deteriorate into a clique of the most active people - that won't be a good thing.

Take that for what you will! Don't be afraid to run a full campaign with AFE board threads and PM messages to your voters. Talk to the zombies! They're not as scary as they sound, and a lot of them are more willing to vote for you than you think.

Just for the record, when I mentioned "horrific turnout" in passing, I wasn't deflecting the blame. In my case, I had a mass PM over the weekend that I sent too early on accident but since there were none listed in the "To" section, I don't think it went through. So it's my fault more than anything.

Gotcha. It can be tough to get the hang of. I still don't know how to send mass pms so I always just sent them individually lol. I didn't mean to single you out, but I guess I kind of did. FWIW, there's been lots of people that said things like that, and you definitely weren't the only person I didn't get a PM from. This round of of elections was pretty weak for my PM box. She says as her box fills with a million PMs 2 months from now.

It's not possible, the most you can put in a single PM is 5. You just have to send to a lot of people.

Exactly. Turns out it isn't that hard.

Yep, it just takes a lot of time, not only because you're going to be PMing to a lot of people, but also that there is a 20 PM/hour limit. And it counts each person as a PM, no matter if you send individually or send them in groups of 5.

I think I only PM'd 5 people in the January special (4 of which voted for me), and intended to send to 6 in February (I assume via bcc you can pm more than 5 but I could be wrong).
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »

Talk to the zombies! They're not as scary as they sound, and a lot of them are more willing to vote for you than you think.

https://youtu.be/sOnqjkJTMaA?t=282

Surprised no one has made this reference yet!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »

Whale hello there Fremontistas. I'm touched that so many of you chose to write me in for the special election. Unfortunately the Senate just isn't something in the cards for me right now. As some people close to me know, I've been dealing with some very serious family issues the last few months and I'm in the process of moving to another state to help with that - and honestly I just don't have the time or care to be a Senator for the next several months (I pride myself on never having resigned from an office early  Tongue ).

So yeah. Just for clarification, I haven't been campaigning and I haven't asked anyone to vote for me. In fact, when one of my friends asked me if I wanted to be a Senator again I said "nooope." It feels good to know you all still appreciate me - I Purple heart you too. Whatever your reasons for voting for me, thank you for the thought.

That said: regardless of the outcome of the election, I will *not* be officially accepting write-ins.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies