Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:37:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish  (Read 11744 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2017, 05:46:52 PM »

I see an absolutely fantastic Senator who deserves reelection. Siren, you have my endorsement! Cheesy
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2017, 06:30:35 PM »

It looks like I didn't endorse you! Shocked And I can't resist being on lists.

Endorsed!

Wish granted! Thanks for the brownies and the endorsement. Smiley

I stopped paying attention to anything but Commons matters for a while and completely whiffed on endorsing you. In the interest of correcting that colossal oversight: E N D O R S E D

Also, congratulations on your near-certain walloping of Wulfric.

Thanks. I appreciate the super emphatic caps lock + SPACES support!

I see an absolutely fantastic Senator who deserves reelection. Siren, you have my endorsement! Cheesy

Aw, thanks OneJ. Your endorsement is special to me!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2017, 07:06:27 PM »

Endorsed, although I think I voted for you before.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2017, 09:44:51 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2017, 10:12:07 PM by Siren »

Thanks DC. You did vote for me! Endorsements are fun too. I'll happily add you to my list of SUPER COOL PEEPS now.

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2017, 12:18:32 AM »

Thank you Fremontistas! I can't put into words how wonderful it feels to receive such resounding support in an election. I feel the love, trust me. That says to me that you appreciate the work I'm doing to represent you, and I'm very honored to have your support. You can be sure that I'll continue to work tirelessly to advocate on your behalf and that my office will always be open to your concerns, no matter how big or small they might be. I'd also like to thank my opponents for an active campaign. I understand it doesn't feel good to lose. I've lost several elections myself. I guess my recommendation is just to keep at it and who knows what might happen.

It also looks like we may have received the most votes for a candidate of any election in Fremont history! Before you give me a weird look (I like stats!), I'm not saying that to toot my own horn. I actually want to give a HUGE shout-out to my absolutely wonderful campaign manager, Virginia. She supported me the whole way and really helped me have fun in a campaign for the first time in a really long time. And I think it showed with how I did. It was her first time really being involved in an Atlasia election, and she did just fabulously. I can say this. I definitely couldn't have done this well without her. Despite some negativity going around, I refuse to let that ruin how much fun I had. Thanks again everyone! And remember, "only love can save the world."
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2017, 01:43:40 PM »

From everyone at my office here in Nevada, we'd like to wish everyone who celebrates a very Happy Hanukkah! Have a wonderful time filled with peace, love, and joy.

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2018, 08:35:22 PM »

Hey Fremontistas and everyone. With the elections coming up next month, I feel like I should let everyone know early. I'm not planning to run for re-election to the Senate or for any other office. I'm really grateful to everyone who's supported me along the way, no matter how big or small. I got a chance to be a Senator for almost 3 terms between all of the special elections, and I had the honor of serving as President Pro Tempore this past session. We've accomplished a lot together, and while I might have the energy for another campaign, I definitely don't have another 4 month term in me with the direction my life is taking. I'm still looking forward to the new session and working together with all of the new Senators to accomplish some good policy. And I want to reiterate my commitment to sponsor bills for my Fremont constituents over the next two months. My office is always open to you. Thanks again for everything you do.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2018, 09:29:37 PM »

Thank you for your service, Siren, I'm certain that Fremont is grateful and that the Senate will miss you.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2018, 09:32:27 PM »

All good things must come to an end, it seems. Thank you for your service, Madam Senator—the region is in your debt.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2018, 09:44:43 PM »

It's been a pleasure having the opportunity to have worked with you the times we've discussed legislation and see your work in the Senate. Thank you for your service.
DFL

« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2018, 09:50:14 PM »

Thank you Senator Siren. Fremont is a better place because of your service.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2018, 09:50:37 PM »

Thank you Siren for your outstanding service for both Fremont and Atlasia. You have truly served Fremont and the game well and have become a shining roll model for future Atlasians who inspire to serve this game with the highest level of integrity and dignity. I wish you best of success in your future endeavours in both this game and RL.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2018, 12:03:31 PM by Sunflower »

I probably should have said this earlier but thanks for all the comments and well wishes everyone. It's been fun getting to know all of you over the past years. Atlasia wouldn't be Atlasia without each and every person in it. I totally mean that.

On that note, I have a couple things I want to say. I'm too shy to make a very serious thread on my own, so I'm just going to say it here. Take it as a farewell address, words of wisdom, warnings of Cassandra, ramblings of a crazy lady - whatever you want!

For a long time people have complained about "zombie voters." It sure sounds bad right? BBALLLAGGHHH eat brains BAALAGGHHH. Tongue I've been around long enough to know that it's not a "federalist thing" or a "labor thing" or any other kind of thing. It's just an Atlasia thing... and kind of just an elections thing if you really think about it.

Some people are in this game for the offices and running the elections. Some people are here just to watch and vote in the elections. Some of the voters follow the AFE boards closely and others rely more on the party system or PM campaigns to remind them about the elections. There's nothing wrong with that. Those voters are just as important to Atlasia as everyone else, and it kills me when I see a lot of them fall of the rolls, cause I know they used to enjoy just voting in the elections and stuff. Hell, I started out Atlasia just planning to be a voter before I got seduced by the trappings of campaigns and look where it got me.

I've even seen some candidates complaining about "horrific turnout" when I know for a fact that they didn't even campaign to all the voters or ask for their votes. Maybe instead of blaming the voters, candidates should actually go to them, give them their pitch, and see what happens? There's nothing wrong with "zombie voters," and PM campaigns are nothing to be ashamed of. And frankly, the more people stop doing them, the faster this game is going to deteriorate into a clique of the most active people - that won't be a good thing.

Take that for what you will! Don't be afraid to run a full campaign with AFE board threads and PM messages to your voters. Talk to the zombies! They're not as scary as they sound, and a lot of them are more willing to vote for you than you think.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »

Right on Siren! We've both pulled off some big upsets via pming the Zombie Voters, great people!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »

I've even seen some candidates complaining about "horrific turnout" when I know for a fact that they didn't even campaign to all the voters or ask for their votes. Maybe instead of blaming the voters, candidates should actually go to them, give them their pitch, and see what happens? There's nothing wrong with "zombie voters," and PM campaigns are nothing to be ashamed of. And frankly, the more people stop doing them, the faster this game is going to deteriorate into a clique of the most active people - that won't be a good thing.

Take that for what you will! Don't be afraid to run a full campaign with AFE board threads and PM messages to your voters. Talk to the zombies! They're not as scary as they sound, and a lot of them are more willing to vote for you than you think.

Hit the nail on the head.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2018, 12:24:29 PM »

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2018, 12:54:33 PM »

Some people are in this game for the offices and running the elections. Some people are here just to watch and vote in the elections. Some of the voters follow the AFE boards closely and others rely more on the party system or PM campaigns to remind them about the elections. There's nothing wrong with that. Those voters are just as important to Atlasia as everyone else, and it kills me when I see a lot of them fall of the rolls, cause I know they used to enjoy just voting in the elections and stuff. Hell, I started out Atlasia just planning to be a voter before I got seduced by the trappings of campaigns and look where it got me.

Just for the record, when I mentioned "horrific turnout" in passing, I wasn't deflecting the blame. In my case, I had a mass PM over the weekend that I sent too early on accident but since there were none listed in the "To" section, I don't think it went through. So it's my fault more than anything.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2018, 01:59:16 PM »

Right on Siren! We've both pulled off some big upsets via pming the Zombie Voters, great people!

Trumpified further: "I love the poorly active"
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »

Just for the record, when I mentioned "horrific turnout" in passing, I wasn't deflecting the blame. In my case, I had a mass PM over the weekend that I sent too early on accident but since there were none listed in the "To" section, I don't think it went through. So it's my fault more than anything.

Gotcha. It can be tough to get the hang of. I still don't know how to send mass pms so I always just sent them individually lol. I didn't mean to single you out, but I guess I kind of did. FWIW, there's been lots of people that said things like that, and you definitely weren't the only person I didn't get a PM from. This round of of elections was pretty weak for my PM box. She says as her box fills with a million PMs 2 months from now.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2018, 02:05:30 PM »

Gotcha. It can be tough to get the hang of. I still don't know how to send mass pms so I always just sent them individually lol. I didn't mean to single you out, but I guess I kind of did. FWIW, there's been lots of people that said things like that, and you definitely weren't the only person I didn't get a PM from. This round of of elections was pretty weak for my PM box. She says as her box fills with a million PMs 2 months from now.

It's not possible, the most you can put in a single PM is 5. You just have to send to a lot of people.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2018, 02:06:08 PM »

It's not possible, the most you can put in a single PM is 5. You just have to send to a lot of people.

Exactly. Turns out it isn't that hard.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2018, 02:07:29 PM »

It is when you don't know how to find the voter rolls.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2018, 02:08:02 PM »

Yep, it just takes a lot of time, not only because you're going to be PMing to a lot of people, but also that there is a 20 PM/hour limit. And it counts each person as a PM, no matter if you send individually or send them in groups of 5.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2018, 02:11:44 PM »

It used to be groups of ten. Which made Pming to the Senate when it had ten members rather easy. Good times!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2018, 02:12:57 PM »

It is when you don't know how to find the voter rolls.

There's a link to a spreadsheet on the front page of the Census thread. You can filter by region/party, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies