UT-SurveyUSA/Salt Lake Tribune: Utah still in play (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:59:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  UT-SurveyUSA/Salt Lake Tribune: Utah still in play (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT-SurveyUSA/Salt Lake Tribune: Utah still in play  (Read 5963 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 12, 2016, 01:15:21 AM »

The bigger question here is, how D is Arizona right now with the Mormon and Hispanic backlash?

If these polls in Utah continue to show a close race, Arizona will certainly be in play. This is a state that she won twice, so she could do better with whites than Obama, and I think Arizona has some Jews, too, that will almost assuredly vote for her. If Trumpkin manages to win the state though, I think it'll be less than 5 points. 
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 01:32:01 AM »

I, for one, am taking this poll seriously. Trump should make it a point at the RNC to lambaste and completely humiliate Mitt Romney in any way possible.

Lmao and you think that'll increase his numbers in Utah of all places?! By all means, please encourage him to do so. Maybe Gary Johnson will finish second in Utah if Trumpet continues to bash and ridicule their favorite son Willard. 
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 11:03:55 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

AZ will be solid Hillary if UT is in play. I may have to adjust my forecast.

The whites in Arizona appear to be more racist/supportive of Trump's building of a wall versus the "Jesus would welcome these people with open arms" Mormons in Utah (which is true). That's the difference.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 12:45:05 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If he's tied in UT, he's lost Arizona. 14 percent among Hispanics and holding level with Mitt means a loss.

I get that, but at the end of the day, does anyone really expect HILLARY CLINTON to win UTAH?! I'm one of the biggest Hillary hacks on here (hiyeeeee IceSpear) and not even I see that happening. Utahns will eventually come home to roost in November, but Trump will almost assuredly do much worse than Romney. I see a 5-10 point victory, maybe more if Johnson siphons enough votes from the #NeverTrump crowd of Mormons who are that sincere in their rejection of Trump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies