US-World relations in the long run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  US-World relations in the long run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US-World relations in the long run  (Read 11327 times)
Demrepdan

« on: December 23, 2003, 08:45:14 PM »

One of the man reasons why Europe (and the rest of the world) hates the U.S. is because we appear to be arrogant. Well, I wouldn't argue with them, because arrogance is all I have seen from the Bush administration. This, "daddy" like attitude, that the government is doing this for your own good, so just shut up because you don't understand. Also this idea that we can do what we want and no one else can tell us what to do, NOR can they have an opinion of what we do. If they have a negative opinion of our actions (e.g. France) then THEY are the assholes.  

A lot of it comes from not caring. Simply put. I've talked to many Republicans and they all, in essence, have the same attitude;  everyone else and their feelings! However, I don't know if the Republicans on this forum share those same feelings, in some form or another.

One of the MAJOR flaws of this administration, is (as Dick Gephardt put it) "Not working well with others." The President of the United States is this country's CHIEF diplomat. It says so in the U.S. Constitution. NOT the Vice President, NOT the Secretary of State, NOT the Secretary of Defense. The President. Bush seems to not care about diplomacy. If he were to start caring then you may see not so many people in the world dislike us, or even hate us. If Bush can't work better with others, then maybe it's time we elect someone who CAN.

We're SUPPOSEDLY the strongest country in the world right? Does arrogance correlate with power. Well.....YES....it does. You see it happen all the time. But should it? Since we’re a freedom loving nation, then you would think that it shouldn’t.
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 01:39:09 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2003, 01:42:17 AM by Demrepdan »

What has europe done for us lately?  
Do they need to do something? Can they do something? If you're friends with someone, you shouldnt ALWAYS except something in return. I mean, if your attitude to europe is  you, then why not let it apply in that matter. Why not just say... it..who cares that they haven't done anything...we should still work with the best of our abilites for diplomacy, and we must work together.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yeah it is, and it takes a better person to be the first to stop the arrogance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies