Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:53:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 92117 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: October 11, 2016, 06:57:22 PM »

The following treaty has been agreed to be representatives of the Republic of Atlasia and the United Kingdom and awaits a sponsor so that it may proceed to the Senate floor for debate.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 08:02:41 PM »

I appreciate the offer, Mr. Representative, but the House of Representatives does not vote on treaties with foreign nations - that power is exclusive to the Senate.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 08:34:06 PM »

A BILL

To establish the Office of the Wikimaster General
This seemed like a good idea to me, so I went ahead and issued an executive order establishing this position (renamed the National Archivist). For future reference, the power to establish new executive offices rests with the president, not Congress (per Article IV, Section 2 of the Constitution).
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 01:22:55 AM »

I support Scott's proposal 100%, but given the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Bill of Rights, oughtn't this be proposed as a Constitutional Amendment?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 02:37:36 PM »

The Court has ruled that all ballots must be counted unless the voter (a) does not meet minimum posting requirements; or (b) is inactive. I don't see how an official language for voting is consistent with that ruling (though, as I say, I agree with the substance of the bill).
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 02:50:13 PM »

^ Article III, Section 5 should read "they disapprove," not "they disapproves"
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 11:32:24 PM »

Did you guys know we don't have term limits? Tongue  Please feel free to change the grammatical layout and such
Yes, that was intentional. The Constitutional Convention felt that, given the persistent scarcity of active and qualified officers historically, it was unwise to prohibit the election of an otherwise desirable candidate on grounds that he had already been chosen twice before. The decision to eliminate term limits was approved by an overwhelming majority, and with support from members of both parties.

Regardless, I look forward to the debate over this measure on the floor of the Senate.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 10:53:38 AM »

Reposting here for the convenience of the relevant presiding officer:
13 December 2017

Quote from: Restricted
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 10:37:52 PM »

With the following Amendment being introduced in the Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions Thread, I invoke Article 2.2 of the Senate rules, allowing the PPT to remove legislation which is "functionally impractical, frivolous, or is directly unconstitutional". With the "Democratization of the Executive Amendment" fulfilling all three of those, and as Princeps Senatus I declare it removed from the Senate floor.

(I've always wanted to wield this power)
Constitutional amendments can be unconstitutional? Wink

Regardless, I wholeheartedly approve of this exercise of discretionary imperium.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 07:11:30 PM »

Constitutionally, Congress has no authority to create or reorganize executive departments; that power lies with the president.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 08:36:59 PM »

Constitutionally, Congress has no authority to create or reorganize executive departments; that power lies with the president.

Under the Atlasian Constitution? IRL only Congress can reshuffle agencies they created by act of law.  Or do you just mean the Office of Drug Free Schools which is the only President created agency on the list?
I mean under the Atlasian Constitution (specifically Article IV§2(iii)).

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 02:28:57 AM »

Who gives out busts to laborites and forgets Truman. I mean really! Clearly taking money from Henry Wallace's PAC.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies