House Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:57:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 106135 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2017, 04:11:22 PM »

Peebs, some other people also want to be kind to others and sponsor their legislation...
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2017, 04:15:57 PM »

Dammit, Enduro! OneJ_ and simossad got their kicks on Page #6, I want my fun in the sun, too! You can have the next one.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2017, 04:52:07 PM »

It is better to split them up, because there is a 2 bill limit now on the clogging rule, instead of 3 back in the old Senate.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2017, 11:31:01 PM by Rep. Minority Whip OneJ_ »

[quote]
The Gun Control Dictum
Section I (The Purpose). The purpose is to ensure that guns across the Republic of Atlasia don't get sold to the wrong hands.
Section II (Permission to sell).
The only individuals that are allowed to sell or purchase any form of firearm have to meet all of the following criteria:
-Must be 18 years or older
-Must obtain & own a license to sell firearm
-Must not have a criminal history
Section III (Permission to purchase).
The criteria to purchase a gun is outlined in Section II.
Section IV (License).
The criteria to follow in order to obtain a license to sell firearm is listed in section II (besides obtaining a license of course).
Section V (Punishment).
Punishments shall be left up to the regions to handle.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2017, 08:07:23 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 08:09:10 PM by Delegate NeverAgain »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2017, 08:13:23 PM »

I'll sponsor on the behalf of NeverAgain. Anyone wanna co-sponsor with me? You are welcome.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2017, 09:34:29 AM »

Would someone be able to sponsor this for me please? Smiley

Sure!
Thank you Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2017, 03:08:05 AM »

[/quote]
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2017, 07:50:09 PM »

The dfwlibertylover minimum wage Act of 2017

1. The minimum wage shall officially be adjusted to match the following levels by January 1, 2020 nationally

A. Urban minimum wage values shall be set at $14.00 a hour

B. Suburban minimum wage values shall be set at $12.00 a hour

C. Exurban/Rural minumum wage values shall be set at $10.00 a hour

2. Regions may adjust these minimum wage values, but may not adjust any of these values below $10.00 a hour state by state

3. Minimum Wage area thresholds shall be determined by the following:

A. An Urban area shall be defined as a city with at least 100,000 people in it or as a county with at least 250,000 people in it.

B. A Suburban area shall be defined as a city with between 25,000 and 100,000 people in it or as a county with between 100,000 and 250,000 people in it.

C. An Exurban/Rural area shall be defined as a city with less than 25,000 people in it or as a county with below 100,000 people in it.

D. In areas where the county has less than 100,000 people in it, only cities with more than 25,000 people in it shall have the suburban minimum wage applied, all areas outside of this city shall have a minimum wage of a rural area.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »

1. The minimum wage shall officially be adjusted to match the following levels by January 1, 2020 nationally

2. Regions may adjust these minimum wage values, but may not adjust any of these values below $10.00 a hour state by state

A. An Urban area shall be defined as a city with at least 100,000 people in it or as a county with at least 250,000 people in it.

B. A Suburban area shall be defined as a city with between 25,000 and 100,000 people in it or as a county with between 100,000 and 250,000 people in it.

C. An Exurban/Rural area shall be defined as a city with less than 25,000 people in it or as a county with below 100,000 people in it.

D. In areas where the county has less than 100,000 people in it, only cities with more than 25,000 people in it shall have the suburban minimum wage applied, all areas outside of this city shall have a minimum wage of a rural area.

I would like to sponsor this legislation.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2017, 07:52:53 PM »

I would like to sponsor this legislation.

I would like to cosponsor with Ted Bessell on the behalf of President dfwlibertylover.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2017, 02:25:02 PM »

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »

Esteemed members of the House, which of you would be willing to introduce The Common Sense Gun Control bill?

The Common Sense Gun Control Act

There have been too many deaths caused by people who should have no right to have any guns in the first place.

Universal background checks for all firearm sales.

Administration to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun and make recommendations to ensure dangerous people aren't slipping through the cracks.

Remove barriers that prevent reporting information on people prohibited from gun ownership for mental health reasons.

Military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines will not be made available to private citizens

Reinstate and strengthen the ban on assault weapons.

Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Ban possession of armor-piercing ammunition by anyone other than the military and law enforcement.

Gun violence research

Administration to conduct research into the causes and prevention of gun violence.

Provide $10 million for additional research on relationship between video games, media images and violence.

Gun safety

Launch a national campaign to promote common-sense safety measures.

Review and enhance safety standards for gun locks and gun safes.

Administration to review gun safety technologies.

Challenge private sector to develop gun safety technology.

More on School safety

Administration to examine the feasibility of placing an armed guard in every school.

Provide incentives for police departments to hire school resource officers through hiring grants.

Give $150 million to school districts and law enforcement agencies to hire school resource officers, school psychologists, social workers and counselors.

Provide $30 million in one-time grants to help school districts develop emergency management plans.

Give schools and other institutions a model for how to develop and implement emergency plans.

Provide $50 million to help 8,000 more schools train their teachers and staff to create safer and more nurturing environments.

Share best practices on school discipline.

Mental health

Provide $55 million for new initiative to make sure students get treatment for mental health issues.

Provide $25 million for strategies supporting individuals ages 16-25 with mental health or substance abuse issues.

Provide $25 million to offer students mental health services for trauma or anxiety.

Provide $50 million to train 5,000 additional mental health professionals serving children and young adults.

Clarify that the health-care law does not prohibit doctors from asking their patients about guns in their homes.

Launch a national dialogue about mental illness.

Finalize requirements for private health insurance plans to cover mental health services.

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/obama-gun-proposals/index.html)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2017, 09:20:24 PM »

Esteemed members of the House, which of you would be willing to introduce The Common Sense Gun Control bill?

The Common Sense Gun Control Act

There have been too many deaths caused by people who should have no right to have any guns in the first place.

Universal background checks for all firearm sales.

Administration to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun and make recommendations to ensure dangerous people aren't slipping through the cracks.

Remove barriers that prevent reporting information on people prohibited from gun ownership for mental health reasons.

Military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines will not be made available to private citizens

Reinstate and strengthen the ban on assault weapons.

Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Ban possession of armor-piercing ammunition by anyone other than the military and law enforcement.

Gun violence research

Administration to conduct research into the causes and prevention of gun violence.

Provide $10 million for additional research on relationship between video games, media images and violence.

Gun safety

Launch a national campaign to promote common-sense safety measures.

Review and enhance safety standards for gun locks and gun safes.

Administration to review gun safety technologies.

Challenge private sector to develop gun safety technology.

More on School safety

Administration to examine the feasibility of placing an armed guard in every school.

Provide incentives for police departments to hire school resource officers through hiring grants.

Give $150 million to school districts and law enforcement agencies to hire school resource officers, school psychologists, social workers and counselors.

Provide $30 million in one-time grants to help school districts develop emergency management plans.

Give schools and other institutions a model for how to develop and implement emergency plans.

Provide $50 million to help 8,000 more schools train their teachers and staff to create safer and more nurturing environments.

Share best practices on school discipline.

Mental health

Provide $55 million for new initiative to make sure students get treatment for mental health issues.

Provide $25 million for strategies supporting individuals ages 16-25 with mental health or substance abuse issues.

Provide $25 million to offer students mental health services for trauma or anxiety.

Provide $50 million to train 5,000 additional mental health professionals serving children and young adults.

Clarify that the health-care law does not prohibit doctors from asking their patients about guns in their homes.

Launch a national dialogue about mental illness.

Finalize requirements for private health insurance plans to cover mental health services.

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/obama-gun-proposals/index.html)

Ugh, I guess I could.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2017, 04:21:30 PM »

This bill is a wish list, not a piece of legislation. I am afraid I will have to deem in functionally impractical if it is not revised.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2017, 06:09:02 PM »

The Senate is also considering similar legislation currently...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2017, 10:05:45 PM »

[/quote]
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2017, 05:56:20 PM »

I guess we should get going then... Wink

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2017, 11:49:03 PM »

Its about damn time someone started introducing some bills. Tongue
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »

Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2017, 03:53:43 PM »

Sponsors: Pessimistic Antineutrino (Fed) & Simossad (Lab)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »

The Storm Surge, Coastal Flooding, and Tsunami Prevention Act of 2017
1. 500 Million dollars shall be allocated to research new ways to prevent and/or hinder storm surge flooding from hurricanes, tropical storms, and nor'easters along the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean coastlines of Atlasia.
2. 500 Million dollars shall be allocated to research new ways to prevent and/or hinder tsunami-based flooding from earthquakes and landslides both local and distant along the Pacific Ocean coastline of Atlasia.
3. Up to 800 Billion dollars shall be set aside and reserve for construction of various dams, barrier islands, and potential seawalls once the research of how this may be accomplished and what, if any impact this may have on the environment is complete.
4. Climate Change may also be considered, particularly along vulnerable urban coastlines for prevention of coastal flooding as well.

I would like someone to sponsor this bill, please feel free to amend it as needed, this is just a prototype but an issue I feel is frequently ignored as climate change occurs. (Even if you don't believe climate change is happening, it is imperative to stop storm surge flooding and especially Tsunamis from wreaking havoc on our shores).
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2017, 12:40:00 AM »

The Storm Surge, Coastal Flooding, and Tsunami Prevention Act of 2017
1. 500 Million dollars shall be allocated to research new ways to prevent and/or hinder storm surge flooding from hurricanes, tropical storms, and nor'easters along the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean coastlines of Atlasia.
2. 500 Million dollars shall be allocated to research new ways to prevent and/or hinder tsunami-based flooding from earthquakes and landslides both local and distant along the Pacific Ocean coastline of Atlasia.
3. Up to 800 Billion dollars shall be set aside and reserve for construction of various dams, barrier islands, and potential seawalls once the research of how this may be accomplished and what, if any impact this may have on the environment is complete.
4. Climate Change may also be considered, particularly along vulnerable urban coastlines for prevention of coastal flooding as well.

I would like someone to sponsor this bill, please feel free to amend it as needed, this is just a prototype but an issue I feel is frequently ignored as climate change occurs. (Even if you don't believe climate change is happening, it is imperative to stop storm surge flooding and especially Tsunamis from wreaking havoc on our shores).

Sure, I'll sponsor it.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2017, 10:45:20 PM »

In the pursuit of Tax, and Healthcare Reform of which my proposals are in the works, I decided this could be a comprehensive thing we could first sink our teeth into.

I would enjoy a Representative sponsoring this for me.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2017, 02:53:24 PM »

In the pursuit of Tax, and Healthcare Reform of which my proposals are in the works, I decided this could be a comprehensive thing we could first sink our teeth into.

I would enjoy a Representative sponsoring this for me.

I'll sponsor this for you. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies