1001 - Signed into Law (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:37:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  1001 - Signed into Law (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1001 - Signed into Law  (Read 3004 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: June 21, 2016, 04:07:59 PM »

I am of course appalled by the actions of this group but, I am quite reluctant to designate all MB nations and all of their supporters under this wide brush. I feel we could lose our place at the bargaining table and further damage the people this bill is said to protect. I would be in support of part three, as long as it focuses solely on the organization and its development and not on humanitarian causes to nations that may have supporters of it as leaders.
There are NO nations under the control of the Muslim Brotherhood. It has already been banned by a large portion of Sunni States including their former stronghold of Egypt. This bill also focuses solely on the leaders and terrorists who go under the banner of this organization not under the general public who may just have membership in this organization. Let's face it we shouldn't be funding any foreign organization at all when we have a horrible budget situation right now.

We're not funding the Muslim Brotherhood to my knowledge Representative
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:43:00 PM »

For all Representatives it's worth noting that the Muslim Brotherhood is actually not classed as a terrorist group by several important groups Including the ADL

The Muslim Brotherhood are an awful group who promote a backwards ideology that counters Atlasia's proud values- however this debate isn't on whether we agree. It's whether our two chambers believe they're a terrorist group.

I've yet to see any evidence
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:05:01 PM »

Even though it was on the ADL page the only reference I can find to the 2002 attack is the Russians claiming that there were Arab links to the Chechnya bombing

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/12/28/chechnya.toll/

If we're having to go back to terrorist attacks in 1979, then well we're going to be outlawing a lot of groups
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies