TRUMP courting LGBT voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:30:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  TRUMP courting LGBT voters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TRUMP courting LGBT voters  (Read 1428 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2016, 10:15:51 AM »

I'm watching Trumps speech now, he's mentioned Hillarys support by gay hating countries like five times. He's gonna do slightly better with gays than Romney for sure.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 10:17:04 AM »

I'm watching Trumps speech now, he's mentioned Hillarys support by gay hating countries like five times. He's gonna do slightly better with gays than Romney for sure.

Yeah keep telling yourself that.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 10:17:54 AM »

He's on point today, reading from the teleprompter. A contrast with the change in leadership after Lewandowski's ousting.
Human
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:23:36 AM »

I dislike Donald Trump, but he's is probably the most pro-gay GOP nominee ever. He used to support gay marriage. Everyone knows that he's lying about opposing gay marriage. He has a lot of gay friends. He's probably the least homophobic GOP nominee ever.

After the Orlando shooting, Trump started to court to LGBT voters. He said so many pro-LGBT statements that no other GOP candidate would've ever said. I wouldn't be surpassed at all if he did slightly better than Mitt Romney with LGBT voters.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 10:28:28 AM »

He has a lot of gay friends. He's probably the least homophobic GOP nominee ever.

lol
jollyschwa
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -9.04

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 10:35:46 AM »

I dislike Donald Trump, but he's is probably the most pro-gay GOP nominee ever. He used to support gay marriage. Everyone knows that he's lying about opposing gay marriage. He has a lot of gay friends. He's probably the least homophobic GOP nominee ever.

After the Orlando shooting, Trump started to court to LGBT voters. He said so many pro-LGBT statements that no other GOP candidate would've ever said. I wouldn't be surpassed at all if he did slightly better than Mitt Romney with LGBT voters.

Welcome to the forum Donald.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 10:37:43 AM »

He has a lot of gay friends. He's probably the least homophobic GOP nominee ever.

lol
He has great relations with the gays.
Suck my caulk
DemocratforJillStein
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »

lol
There is nothing to LOL about. Trump could have used the LGBT issue to excite evangelicals and win the nomination that way. Instead, he chose not to, because he genuinely supports marriage equality, and instead went after immigrants and Muslims, who he either does not like and/or the insulting of whom he used to win the nomination.
Human
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »

Huh

I'm on the center-left politically and I despise Donald Trump. I'm an enthusiastic Hillary supporter. I believe that Donald Trump is a racist, sexist bigot who should never become president. However, Trump is certainly not a homophobe. He has constantly said very positive things about LGBT community, and he obviously supports SSM. He's a racist and a sexist, but he certainly isn't a homophobe.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 10:47:12 AM »

He is bigoted towards gays. On one of his anti-Rosie rants he started talking about her wife and said something along the lines of "She calls her her wife, which I guess is alright if you're into that thing" to the laughter and applause of the crowd. A pro-gay person would never mock gay marriage to a room of homophobes.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 10:49:57 AM »

He is bigoted towards gays. On one of his anti-Rosie rants he started talking about her wife and said something along the lines of "She calls her her wife, which I guess is alright if you're into that thing" to the laughter and applause of the crowd. A pro-gay person would never mock gay marriage to a room of homophobes.

A crass, thoughtless  bully would, and that's what Trump is.
skoods
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »

Gays and Lesbians are bright enough to not be tricked by the same man who said we need uber conservative judges on the courts. These same judges will strip gays and lesbians of rights. Just because he says something in a speech in June doesn't mean that everyone is going to come flocking to him. Man oh man...this is like me saying Evangelicals are going to come flocking to Clinton because she mentioned God or religion in a speech.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 10:53:01 AM »

lol

Seriously.  I'm not condoning their pandering, but I highly doubt that either Bush, Dole, McCain or Romney are actually homophobic people, BTW.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 11:03:52 AM »

lol

Seriously.  I'm not condoning their pandering, but I highly doubt that either Bush, Dole, McCain or Romney are actually homophobic people, BTW.

TBH I think a second-term President Romney probably would have come out in support of gay marriage.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »

I guess associating himself with James Dobson and Michelle Bachmann is part of his courtship of the gay vote.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 11:48:27 AM »

lol
He has great relations with the gays.

Our friendship goes way back!

He's always promoted the good things our community does - "@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision"

Dishonest media failed to report that accomplushment.
jollyschwa
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -9.04

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 11:50:31 AM »

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Your first paragraph sounded exactly like something he would say. 

Huh

I'm on the center-left politically and I despise Donald Trump. I'm an enthusiastic Hillary supporter. I believe that Donald Trump is a racist, sexist bigot who should never become president. However, Trump is certainly not a homophobe. He has constantly said very positive things about LGBT community, and he obviously supports SSM. He's a racist and a sexist, but he certainly isn't a homophobe.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »

Trump is a true friend of the gays. The most liberal Pub nominee EVER.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 12:12:06 PM »

lol
There is nothing to LOL about. Trump could have used the LGBT issue to excite evangelicals and win the nomination that way. Instead, he chose not to, because he genuinely supports marriage equality, and instead went after immigrants and Muslims, who he either does not like and/or the insulting of whom he used to win the nomination.

LGBT issues don't excite nearly as much passion for conservatives as they used to. Mike Huckabee milked the Kim Davis thing for all it was worth, and he didn't seem to gain any mileage out of it. Cruz went after Trump hard on the Transgender Bathroom Issue the week before the Indiana Primary, and he still lost. Of course Trump cares only about his money and power, so he would certainly have attacked the LGBT community had it been politically expedient for him to do so, but it wasn't.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »

Trump is a true friend of the gays. The most liberal Pub nominee EVER.

Yea, except that part where he wants to repeal the marriage rights ruling, and that part about now supporting HB2, oh and that thing about Orlando, but that's minor, right? He's truly a friend of the LGBT community...

Delusions
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 12:45:07 PM »

The capital letters thing got old a long time ago.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 01:19:57 PM »

trump can "court" them all he wants.
He is not going to win a majority of them .... not even close.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 01:42:40 PM »

trump can "court" them all he wants.
He is not going to win a majority of them .... not even close.
Nor does he expect to.

I don't think Trump has ever supported same-sex marriage, as he has civil unions. I think he's generally been consistent on that, FWIW.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 01:45:09 PM »

"Some people have hopes of passing amendments, but it's not going to happen. Congress can't pass simple things, let alone that. So anybody that's making that an issue is doing it for political reasons. The Supreme Court ruled on it." - Donald Trump, after the Obergefell vs. Hodges decision.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 01:52:07 PM »

"Some people have hopes of passing amendments, but it's not going to happen. Congress can't pass simple things, let alone that. So anybody that's making that an issue is doing it for political reasons. The Supreme Court ruled on it." - Donald Trump, after the Obergefell vs. Hodges decision.
That's not support. That's political pragmatism. I am an opponent of federally enforced same-sex marriage, but ultimately, if that's the way the Supremes (incorrectly) interpreted the Constitution, it's the law of the land and should be treated as such.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies