2018 Senatorial Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:42:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  2018 Senatorial Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2018 Senatorial Elections  (Read 80149 times)
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« on: June 11, 2017, 01:42:38 PM »

Assuming nothing crazy happens, (though in the age of Trump, you never know) here's what I think.

Among the safe Ds and safe Rs, there are a few I'm gonna put a question mark next to. The first is Alabama's special election in November (I know it's not a 2018 election, but I'm putting it here anyway). Some primary polls suggest that Roy Moore might become the nominee, and for anyone familiar with Alabama politics, this guy brings disaster with him everywhere. If he gets the nomination, there isn't an 100% guarantee that he'd win a general. He could become the Republican version  of Martha Coakley. Minnesota deserves a note because Trump nearly won it, but Klobuchar is quite popular. I know this sounds a bit like flawed thinking, but there's a very slight chance Cardin in Maryland isn't 100% safe. He hasn't announced he's gonna run for reelection, a popular Republican Governor (Hogan) is up for reelection, and Maryland hasn't been the kind of state that does a lot of ticket splitting. Hogan's coattails could overwhelm Cardin (or vice-versa) or another Democrat if Cardin retires.

Also, Bob Menendez has a corruption scandal going on, and is scheduled to appear in court in September, so he's not a 100% guarantee for reelection. I wish a competent Democrat would just primary him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies