Clinton lead falls to 3% in NBC/SurveyMonkey National Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:18:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Clinton lead falls to 3% in NBC/SurveyMonkey National Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton lead falls to 3% in NBC/SurveyMonkey National Poll  (Read 2362 times)
amdcpus
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-clinton-leads-trump-how-would-november-look-without-him-n603496

She leads Trump 41% to 38%.
amdcpus
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:30:35 AM »

She led Trump 42% to 36% in the last NBC/SurveyMonkey poll, taken a week prior to this one.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:36:31 AM »

Wrong. Clinton leads Trump 48/43 (+5) in a head-to-head match up. Clinton also leads Trump 41/38 (+3) with Johnson and Stein in the mix.

Source: https://www.scribd.com/document/317453619/NBC-News-SurveyMonkey-Toplines-and-Methodology-6-27-7-3
amdcpus
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:38:27 AM »

Wrong. Clinton leads Trump 48/43 (+5) in a head-to-head match up. Clinton also leads Trump 41/38 (+3) with Johnson and Stein in the mix.

Source: https://www.scribd.com/document/317453619/NBC-News-SurveyMonkey-Toplines-and-Methodology-6-27-7-3

Lol no. Considering Stein and Johnson will be on the ballot in the election, I think it is much more accurate to include the poll that includes them.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:39:21 AM »

Lol. Considering Stein and Johnson will be on the ballot in the election, I think it is much more accurate to include the poll that includes them.

You reported the poll disingenuously by not mentioning them at all.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:39:51 AM »

Lol no. Considering Stein and Johnson will be on the ballot in the election, I think it is much more accurate to include the poll that includes them.

Stein and Johnson are never getting that % of the vote nationwide so the head to head D v. R contest is more accurate
amdcpus
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 11:40:21 AM »

Lol. Considering Stein and Johnson will be on the ballot in the election, I think it is much more accurate to include the poll that includes them.

Nope. NBC reported the poll disingenuously by refusing to release their numbers.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 11:42:05 AM »

Nope. NBC reported the poll disingenuously by refusing to release their numbers.

Yet the numbers are above in my post.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 12:42:34 PM »

Just 3?! lol

Also:

Kasich 50
Clinton 42

Ryan 47
Clinton 45

Romney 45
Clinton 45

If Clinton wins this, she can thank Republican primary voters.

You know those other matchups are irrelevant.

But she is going to sink even lower after the "extremely careless" remark that undercuts her experience argument.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »

Hillary only managing a 3-point lead against DONALD TRUMP of all people shows how immensely beatable she is. Any Republican who manages to lose this election is simply a terrible candidate. As simple as that.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 12:52:39 PM »

Hillary only managing a 3-point lead against DONALD TRUMP of all people shows how immensely beatable she is. Any Republican who manages to lose this election is simply a terrible candidate. As simple as that.

5-point lead if it's a head-to-head match up.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 12:55:07 PM »

Donald Trump has not lost this election yet.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 01:23:28 PM »

The usual village idiots up in arms about statistically insignificant moves in junky online tracking polls. Sad!
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 01:32:57 PM »

5-point lead if it's a head-to-head match up.
I think the measuring stick we've been using has included third-parties, if polled.

In any event, it fits the narrative that the race is inching back slightly towards Trump. You're realistically in a 3-5 point band as opposed to a 5-7 point one. The post-nomination bounce for Clinton has evaporated.

If you're objective about this race, it should not be a blowout.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »

The usual village idiots up in arms about statistically insignificant moves in junky online tracking polls. Sad!
If it were just one poll, that's one thing. But the other polling also suggests that the race is tightening a bit. It's nothing to be excited about or panic about pre-convention in either side of the aisle, but it's Atlas, so everyone's going to overreact.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 02:14:43 PM »

I swear, as much as I want him to, Gary Johnson is not going to get more than 5% of the vote and Stein won't get more than 1.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 02:24:30 PM »

"It should not be a blowout" is not encouraging for Republicans who want to win.
1) Open seat election.
2) Polarized electorate.

It doesn't suggest a blowout on either side.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 02:57:11 PM »

"It should not be a blowout" is not encouraging for Republicans who want to win.

Yeah.  It's obvious Trump was a disaster candidate if the goal was to win (this was clear sometime by mid-May I'd say, when he didn't back down on his previous style and pivot), hence why many liberals like smilo pretended to support Trump so it would be easier for Hillary to win and enact a liberal agenda.  But who knows?  Obviously, Trump will probably lose because of his foot-in-the-mouth, but it would be a glorious day if somehow, the liberals could finally lose a general election again.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »

Yeah.  It's obvious Trump was a disaster candidate if the goal was to win (this was clear sometime by mid-May I'd say, when he didn't back down on his previous style and pivot), hence why many liberals like smilo pretended to support Trump so it would be easier for Hillary to win and enact a liberal agenda.  But who knows?  Obviously, Trump will probably lose because of his foot-in-the-mouth, but it would be a glorious day if somehow, the liberals could finally lose a general election again.

That won't happen with a conventional candidate. Only with an erratic like Trump. The sooner you realize that, the better.

Otherwise, be prepared for a permanent Democratic majority bordering tyranny in the many years to come.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 03:59:25 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2016, 04:02:04 PM by IceSpear »

Just 3?! lol

Also:

Kasich 50
Clinton 42

Ryan 47
Clinton 45

Romney 45
Clinton 45

Those matchups are irrelevant since those people haven't put themselves through the meat grinder of a campaign, so those are actually very pitiful numbers for Ryan and Romney. I do agree she would've been the underdog against Kasich.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »

Just 3?! lol

Also:

Kasich 50
Clinton 42

Ryan 47
Clinton 45

Romney 45
Clinton 45

Those matchups are irrelevant since those people haven't put themselves through the meat grinder of a campaign, so those are actually very pitiful numbers for Ryan and Romney. I do agree she would've been the underdog against Kasich.

Well, IceSpear, I don't agree even that. Kasich was largely unknown and he would also have been demonized by the Democratic smear machine, if he had become the nominee. And being low energy, bland and unremarkable, he would certainly have not been immune to such attacks.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 04:30:03 PM »

Just 3?! lol

Also:

Kasich 50
Clinton 42

Ryan 47
Clinton 45

Romney 45
Clinton 45

Well, IceSpear, I don't agree even that. Kasich was largely unknown and he would also have been demonized by the Democratic smear machine, if he had become the nominee. And being low energy, bland and unremarkable, he would certainly have not been immune to such attacks.

He would've been attacked, but he also would've had his reputation as a moderate hero, sane and reasonable Republican, etc. to fall back on. The media also would've heavily backed him over Hillary, as opposed to now where they're backing Hillary reluctantly. His numbers and favorability definitely would've fallen, but I think he'd have a modest edge now, around the same size as the one Hillary currently has. He wouldn't be a lock or anything, just like Hillary is not a lock now.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »

Just 3?! lol

Also:

Kasich 50
Clinton 42

Ryan 47
Clinton 45

Romney 45
Clinton 45

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 04:42:07 PM »

Just 3?! lol

Also:

Kasich 50
Clinton 42

Ryan 47
Clinton 45

Romney 45
Clinton 45

So to sum up -

A guy who didn't even come close to the nomination but maintained a very positive campaign that was entirely based on appeal beyond Republicans is ahead of her by 8.

A guy who knew that he would be savaged in a Republican primary and decided not to take that hit is ahead by only 2.

And the last Republican nominee is behind both?

Imagine the sheer decline in their numbers if they had decided to actually run.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »

Since no one’s going to post the Johnson and Stein numbers, I guess it falls to me:

Clinton 41%
Trump 38%
Johnson 9%
Stein 5%
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies