District 4 Voting Booth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:47:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  District 4 Voting Booth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: District 4 Voting Booth  (Read 8359 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2004, 10:24:47 PM »

You can whine all you want, but why not work towards a constructive solution? The constitutional amendment I proposed completely solves your problem. Other secret deals, whatever, there is no way you can prevent it. You won't accomplish anything just by whining. I don't know how anyone "screwed" with the presidential election though.

You're right.  Whining won't accomplish much more than perhaps annoying the crap out of certain people like Miami or Shapeshifter.  But that's good enough for me.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2004, 10:29:24 PM »

what is this amendment

the supreme court will just find a way around it
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2004, 10:32:27 PM »

what is this amendment

the supreme court will just find a way around it
The amendment strikes out the ability of the SC to rule on elections. The SC can't do anything about a constitutional amendment, they have no say in it.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2004, 10:32:58 PM »

for now I will display my contempt for the supreme court by writing

THE FORUM SUPREME COURT IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!

in my signature
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2004, 10:35:33 PM »

How can someone who isn't here be senator?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2004, 11:09:27 PM »

for now I will display my contempt for the supreme court by writing

THE FORUM SUPREME COURT IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!

in my signature

9iron, I've never really talked to you.  But I like you.  Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2004, 11:29:53 AM »

How can someone who isn't here be senator?

*shrug*

The Republicans wrote him in...
ShapeShifter

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2004, 11:34:37 AM »

We need to stop this fight Harry won fair and square. End of it

Ditto.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2004, 11:37:36 AM »

well i mean that is not right but y'all should not have voted for a guy who is never here. But the voting for harry only is not fair.

I agree. That is why, I was like - why are they doing this? They should had just declared Harry the winner. How does it look like, if you put up a ballot with just Harry's name? This only invites more complaing and whining from some people.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2004, 11:38:52 AM »

Oh, quit kvetching, GWBF. You violated the Constitution, we gave you a second chance, you failed to utilize it, and you lost. I'm sorry, but short of declaring M senator, I don't know how to please you.

Uh...HELLO...

One thing that would have pleased me is to have had a new election where others could have run.  They would've had to declare their candidacies, just like the last time.  The whole issue surrounding "write-ins" has been cleared up now, so there would've been no confusion.

Sure, you lot gave us a new election...with one canidate and no alternatives... That was completely unfair on purpose and you damn well know it.

You all are a bunch of rotten a**holes and if I leave this forum it's because of you, miami, MAS, Harry, Al, and Shapeshifter.  I just want you to know that.

You just couldn't keep it civil?
ShapeShifter

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2004, 11:39:40 AM »

no one else seems to care about this great election sham

because you are one of the few who cares.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2004, 11:49:49 AM »

GWBfan the decision was not in the best interest of the forum but its over now. IMO, we should have known better than to allow the Supreme Court decide elections (in real life too, but thats another issue...). This can be solved in the future by a constitutional amendment striking the clause where it says the Supreme Court steps in during election disputes. We can do this simply by amending Demrepdan's constitution, which deals mostly with regulation of elections anyway. As Edmund Burke founder of modern conservatism would say, there is no need to tear down the entire house just because you don't like the paint on the wall. There is no need to throw away months of work when there is strong support for substantive reforms within the system.

That's just not good enough.  I won't stop with this.  For as long as I stay here in this forum, this is what I'll mainly be talking about.  You all (not you, the others I listed above) screwed around with the first election, and with the followup election, and now I'm going to continue whining about it.  You may not like it, and I'm sorry if I start to annoy anyone, but that's what I'm going to do.

How did I screw around with the first election? How did I scew up the followup election? Huh?
ShapeShifter

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2004, 11:51:47 AM »

You can whine all you want, but why not work towards a constructive solution? The constitutional amendment I proposed completely solves your problem. Other secret deals, whatever, there is no way you can prevent it. You won't accomplish anything just by whining. I don't know how anyone "screwed" with the presidential election though.

You're right.  Whining won't accomplish much more than perhaps annoying the crap out of certain people like Miami or Shapeshifter.  But that's good enough for me.

You need to stop with your personal attacks of me because I disagree with you. Keep it civil.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2004, 03:00:51 PM »

Ah, you're upset because you lost. I don't know why I bothered to waste the time responding to such a volatile pair, who simply aren't considering the fact that we gave M a day to comply with court order and refused, and GWBF refused to testify so we could have a clearer picture of what actually happened but we nevertheless held his vote to be valid, but so it is. I guess I should just wallow in my grief and take up keening, considering that because I interpreted the law in the way I saw accurate, I'm now officially a rotten asshole.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2004, 03:28:29 PM »

Ah, you're upset because you lost. I don't know why I bothered to waste the time responding to such a volatile pair, who simply aren't considering the fact that we gave M a day to comply with court order and refused, and GWBF refused to testify so we could have a clearer picture of what actually happened but we nevertheless held his vote to be valid, but so it is. I guess I should just wallow in my grief and take up keening, considering that because I interpreted the law in the way I saw accurate, I'm now officially a rotten asshole.
you did the right thing.
it's just sour grapes.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2004, 10:16:39 PM »

If you really were trying to interpret the Constitution, you would've declared Harry the winner.  You wouldn't have created another election with the sole purpose of electing one man unfairly.  You used a dictatorial Iraq-style election to solve this crisis...and in the process, created another crisis.  Way to go.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2004, 02:50:42 PM »

I declared him the winner after his putative opponent failed to comply with a specific criterion I had established to expedite the process. And if you were really interested in helping resolve this election, you would have testified as admonished to do by the Court.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies