#DumpTrump would be playing right into Trump's hands
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:44:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  #DumpTrump would be playing right into Trump's hands
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: #DumpTrump would be playing right into Trump's hands  (Read 603 times)
Know Nothing
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:04:37 PM »

Just a thought I had.

I think there is nothing Trump wants more than some sort of attempt of a mutiny at the convention. He knows that with the rules committee happening soon and the inability to coalesce around a alternative even if somehow the delegates were unbound, it is beyond unlikely that the convention would ever be able to dump him.

With this in mind, I can see why he might be willing to tempt fate and pick a pro-choice Democrat as his VP. Conventional wisdom is the GOP VP pick HAS to be pro-life or else the convention won't allow it, but I just don't see that happening with rules happening soon. Unless Trump's campaign has done literally 0 vetting of this guy, I'm sure Trump knew that this guy is pro-choice, which makes me think he wants to bait a fight.

So since imo a mutiny is doomed to fail, all this attempt would do is strengthen Trump's theme of "the game is rigged!" and that he is some sort of unique "other" force compared to the two parties.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 06:25:14 PM »

I look forward to the general's tell-all tale released in 2026 about how Trump taught him how to fake every single thing about his persona and ideology.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 09:54:52 PM »

I'm not sure much of the Republican Party really cares anymore whether the VP nominee is pro-life or pro-choice. Their priorities are now all about identity.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies