Quinnipiac national poll: Clinton 42% Trump 40%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:02:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Quinnipiac national poll: Clinton 42% Trump 40%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac national poll: Clinton 42% Trump 40%  (Read 2782 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2016, 09:15:59 PM »

How the hell is Trump only behind 2 in the top line when he's getting literally 0% of the black vote in the 4-way?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2016, 12:25:52 AM »

How much is Trump paying the pollsters at Quinnipiac to RIG the results in his favor?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2016, 08:32:39 AM »

Putting aside just how accurate the poll is, it is a disgrace that Trump is not at least 20 points behind. I am very disappointed with the very poor judgement the voters have had to date in this election cycle. That is what happens I guess when one reverts to emotion and anger and resentment venting rather than something more calm and rational. And far too many perhaps are looking for good entertainment value in their leader, rather than putting someone in the White House who just might be competent, and respectful of the rule of law.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »

Putting aside just how accurate the poll is, it is a disgrace that Trump is not at least 20 points behind. I am very disappointed with the very poor judgement the voters have had to date in this election cycle. That is what happens I guess when one reverts to emotion and anger and resentment venting rather than something more calm and rational. And far too many perhaps are looking for good entertainment value in their leader, rather than putting someone in the White House who just might be competent, and respectful of the rule of law.

Torie, we know that Hillary is not respectful of the rule of law. In fact, she believes she is above the law and acts as if she has the divine right to rule.

I also think she is incompetent, but that is not universally established yet. Would you really want a president who is extremely careless?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »

Judging from the two responses to your post, it seems like Trump's relatively standard performance has less to do with anger and more to with sheer idiocy. Pretty scary.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2016, 12:26:11 PM by xavier110 »

... far too many perhaps are looking for good entertainment value in their leader, rather than putting someone in the White House who just might be competent, and respectful of the rule of law.

You do realize that the Clintons are incompetent and think they're above any law or rule? You're making it sound as if Americans have a fantastic alternative, when in reality, they accept that they have two bad candidates. no wonder Trump isn't 20 behind then.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2016, 01:13:44 PM »

^ Both people you quoted were Republicans before this primary season.  That should tell you something about the state of your party.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »

Dems, please stop trying to unskew every poll.

Only someone who doesn't pay ANY attention to how wonky QU has been this season would accuse us of  un-skewing.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2016, 08:42:00 PM »

How the hell is Trump only behind 2 in the top line when he's getting literally 0% of the black vote in the 4-way?
MOE of a subsample that's 10%-15% of the main sample to begin with. Realistically, Trump will get what? Between 7-12% of the black vote, if even. The subsample MOE has to be around that.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 01:28:26 AM »

^ Both people you quoted were Republicans before this primary season.  That should tell you something about the state of your party.

I am not criticizing specifically Democrats or Republicans. I am criticizing those who denigrate a large portion of the country - GOP, DEM, Indy, you name it - who are supporting Trump.

We are just "telling it like it is". I thought you people liked that?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »

Torie, we know that Hillary is not respectful of the rule of law. In fact, she believes she is above the law and acts as if she has the divine right to rule.

At this point, is that really worse than a man who speaks utter, vapid nonsense?  His speeches are full of rambling non-sequiturs, empty statements, bullying language, and nonsensical policy proposals.  He is clearly an egomaniac whose response to any event is to turn the attention back on himself, no matter how inappropriate it is to do so.  And he has demonstrated an utter lack of understanding of our Constitution, government, or world affairs.  So a clueless, power-hungry egomaniac, to me, is much worse than Queen Hillary.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2016, 08:01:47 PM »

I'm not feeling extremely angry or overly emotional or resentful of anyone. In fact it is because I am calm and rational that I am supporting Trump as the competent and law respecting choice versus an at best incompetent fool like Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump already acts much like a dictator, ordering about people as if he had the power or can expect to have such power.  This shows what sort of President he would be or would try to be.  One of two things happen should he be elected:

1. He achieves dictatorial power and transforms America in ways that will prove disgraceful after some calamity of his making or of that of his hand-picked successor, or

2. The Constitutional checks and balances will stop him completely and weaken him until the real power is in Congress as happened during the political demise of Richard Nixon. America got a taste of parliamentary republic when Congress approved a Vice-President who was going to replace Nixon, Gerald Ford acting much as if a Prime Minister.

The warnings are obvious. If you think that Barack Obama is having trouble with a monolithic Republican Party in opposition, think of what happens by 2018.

CEOs can act as dictators within the businesses that they administer. They can fire anyone. The President cannot fire a recalcitrant Governor, Representative, Senator, or Justice of the Supreme Court.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies