Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 26, 2019, 01:32:44 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  Election Archive
| | |-+  All Archived Boards
| | | |-+  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter)
| | | | |-+  Clinton support nosedives, Trump 44% Clinton 37% in Rasmussen National Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Clinton support nosedives, Trump 44% Clinton 37% in Rasmussen National Poll  (Read 1963 times)
amdcpus

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:01:43 am »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch
Buh her emails!
diskymike44
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:18:14 am »

Can we panic now ?.....
Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:18:39 am »

Go home Rassy, you're drunk.
Pandaguineapig
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 08:24:42 am »

America will be made great again even if all you low energy losers have to be brought along kicking and screaming
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:39:30 am »

... and then you see the poll is from Rassmussen. Put it in the garbage.
Fusionmunster
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 08:42:06 am »

Can we panic now ?.....

No, because Rasmussen.
Illiniwek
Governor Illiniwek
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 08:49:41 am »

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Rasmussen: C+....
Julian Assange is a Snowflake
BRTD
YaBB God
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 09:01:14 am »

LOL
Seriously?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 09:11:35 am »

Rasmussen has been "home" since 2012. He no longer owns the company, but I digress.

This plus the SeeBS/New York Slimes poll shows us that Lying Crooked Hillary! is in trouble for her e-mail server.

There's still time to jump aboard the Trump Train, red and faux-blue avatars...
michelle
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 09:17:26 am »

Rasmussen has been "home" since 2012. He no longer owns the company, but I digress.

This plus the SeeBS/New York Slimes poll shows us that Lying Crooked Hillary! is in trouble for her e-mail server.

I don't know what gave you the idea that a good argument to get people to support your ticket is that a historically bad pollster shows them winning, but I'm going to assume it's the same part of your brain that have you the idea to support Trump yourself.
Fusionmunster
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 09:19:21 am »

If they were decent now they should move their poll from behind a paywall. Untill then, Rasmussen is as bad as Gravis and ARG.
jaichind
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 09:33:42 am »

As a result of this poll 538 nowcast has Trump's chance of winning at 46.1%
Seriously?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 09:41:50 am »

I don't know what gave you the idea that a good argument to get people to support your ticket is that a historically bad pollster shows them winning, but I'm going to assume it's the same part of your brain that have you the idea to support Trump yourself.
Your SeeBS/New York Slimes poll has the race tied after they special sauced the results from D+3.5 to D+6. Do the math on who actually leads.
WI is Safe D
Beef
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 09:46:12 am »

America will be made great again even if all you low energy losers have to be brought along kicking and screaming

Nope.  Civil disobedience if necessary.  We stand by our Latino and Muslim brothers and sisters, and we will not be bullied by a President Trump.  He'll see just how much "energy" we have.  I will personally cut holes in the wall if one is built.
jaichind
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 09:49:11 am »

I want to Trump to win; I plan to vote for him in November; I want to believe this poll ...

But I recall Rasmussen's performance in 2012, where they told us that Romney would win on election night. Hence, I remain wary.

I will vote Trump.  I have been getting more enthusiastic about him since the primaries.  I actually he prefer he loses very narrowly which in turn help hold the Senate for GOP.  Then with an economic slowdown between now and 2018 Clinton will face a complete midterm meltdown paving the way for someone from the GOP to win in 2020.  Trump is paving the way for a GOP White polarization victory although he is too controversial to win on his own.   I need him to keep it close.  Looks like he is doing it so far without much of an organization or money.  
Invisible Obama
DrScholl
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 10:02:26 am »

How exciting that a white supremacist rapist is leading in a made up poll!

Rasmussen is probably making up numbers like Strategic Vision did. Whatever money Trump is spending he's probably sending to Rasmussen to make the racist appear competitive.
Ebsy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 10:11:34 am »

Your SeeBS/New York Slimes poll has the race tied after they special sauced the results from D+3.5 to D+6. Do the math on who actually leads.
Amazing.
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.21, S: -1.91

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 10:42:17 am »

I'm not keen on discounting polls just because. It seems clear that we're basically in a tied-race scenario. Clinton has taken a significant hit since Comey's remarks. Trump could win if the election were today. He will get momentum due to other positive events this month (and Clinton will not get the same momentum because she's not a glittery object to the press and will make a boring VP pick), so we're in for a painful next few weeks that hopefully will not become signs of a new normal for the race.

Scary times, even if Trump isn't ahead by 7.
NV less likely to flip than FL
xingkerui
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.63, S: -6.13

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 11:10:05 am »

This is Classy Rassy, so take it with a grain of salt. Clinton's numbers have gone down a bit this week, but I'm not going to start panicking unless she's down in the polls in mid-August.
michelle
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 11:12:46 am »

Huh I haven't mentioned that poll at all. And I do admire your expert ability to come up with stupid nicknames for pollsters that give you results you don't like. It almost invalidates your argument.
Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 11:16:47 am »

Ra is trash, lol. But this week was necessary for the Clinton campaign. The email bandaid had to be ripped off and now we can all move along. It's only up for here as it exits people's minds and Trump starts his usual foot in mouth act again.
Abraham Washington
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 11:50:55 am »

I want to Trump to win; I plan to vote for him in November; I want to believe this poll ...

But I recall Rasmussen's performance in 2012, where they told us that Romney would win on election night. Hence, I remain wary.

A 7 point lead is outside the margin of error. So Trump is definitely leading.
Abraham Washington
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 11:53:47 am »

ATLAS BTFO

LOW ENERGY SHILL BOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH.

You can't stump the trump, fool.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 12:00:17 pm »

That's...not at all how things work.
Abraham Washington
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 12:22:29 pm »

That's...not at all how things work.

In this poll he is leading, because it is outside the margin of error. I can't attest for other polls, which show other results, but this poll is validly showing a Trump lead.

Just as a poll that shows a 7 point Clinton lead is validly showing a Clinton lead because it is outside the margin of error.

No poll is neccessarily completely inaccurate not completely accurate. You should take each poll with a grain of salt, but not dismiss it entriely out of hand.

I do not go into threads about a Clinton +10 lead and immediately throw accusations of being a junk poll.

Yes, Rasmussen's final election poll in 2012 indicated a Romney lead, but only a 49-48 lead, well within the margin of error and wasn't that inaccurate.

Rasmussen's Nov. 2-4 poll had a 3.0 MoE, with Romney leading 49-48. The election day result was 51-47 in favour of Obama. The poll was 3 points off the real result, within the margin of error. All that poll indicated was that the race was a tossup and in the end Obama managed to win a comfortable victory.

This current Rasmussen poll has a similar 3.0 MoE, but instead with Trump leading by 7 points, 44-37. Even if we say it is off by 3% in favour of Clinton, you see it would result in 41-40 in favour of Trump, still a Trump lead.

TL;DR. Yes, Rassy's 2012 poll was off by 3%, but its MoE was 3%, and it was not wildly inaccurate and Rassy is still a trustworthy pollster.

This poll indicates a 7% Trump lead, outside of the MoE. This is poll clearly shows Trump in the lead, and considering the other new polls released, including the CBS/NYT that shows a dead heat, it indicates Trump is heading into the lead.

This is not unskewing, this is fact.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies