CBS/YouGov: Clinton and Trump close in IA/OH/MI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:04:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CBS/YouGov: Clinton and Trump close in IA/OH/MI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CBS/YouGov: Clinton and Trump close in IA/OH/MI  (Read 3598 times)
dspNY
United States

« on: July 17, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »

The Michigan poll is junk, Clinton has a wider lead there

Ohio finally looks a little encouraging

Iowa looks like a tough one for Team Blue because every poll is in the margin of error there so they all can't be wrong
dspNY
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:20:28 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2016, 10:22:22 AM by dspNY »

Tump can only manage to get 38-42% of the vote in most polling. He's headed for double digit loses in all these states. Clinton probably gets 56-58% in Ohio if these trends keep up.

LOL, that would be a 450+ EV landslide for Hillary. Even I'm not that optimistic. Ohio will be close like Ohio always is. Too many rural Republicans for that kind of result. 90% of the Ohio electorate is inelastic and completely locked into their party preference

FYI, I think Hillary has at least an 80% chance to sweep all the Obama 2012 swing states
dspNY
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:37:52 AM »

Tump can only manage to get 38-42% of the vote in most polling. He's headed for double digit loses in all these states. Clinton probably gets 56-58% in Ohio if these trends keep up.

LOL, that would be a 450+ EV landslide for Hillary. Even I'm not that optimistic. Ohio will be close like Ohio always is. Too many rural Republicans for that kind of result. 90% of the Ohio electorate is inelastic and completely locked into their party preference

FYI, I think Hillary has at least an 80% chance to sweep all the Obama 2012 swing states

At best for Trump, Ohio with be 54-43. That is assuming that he ties with college educated whites. He's simply not breaking out of the low 40s at this point, so I don't think Ohio will be that close.

You think Hillary is getting 450 EVs? Because a double-digit Ohio win indicates a 12-14 point Hillaryslide (Ohio is around R+1, sometimes R+2)
dspNY
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 06:24:56 PM »

The Michigan poll is junk, Clinton has a wider lead there

Ohio finally looks a little encouraging

Iowa looks like a tough one for Team Blue because every poll is in the margin of error there so they all can't be wrong

Also Ohio's main football team wears red and Michigan's doesn't

If I'm remembering right, Iowa polling in 2012 was also quite close. Obama still won it by 6.

Iowa polling in 2014 was also quite close. Ernst still won it by 8.

Don't expect a 2014 electorate in either of those states.

...Michigan usually is close in polls going into the Conventions but then slams the door on the Republicans in Presidential years.  This is normal for a Democratic blowout in November as not-so-likely voters  come to vote in November.

Ohio more D than either Iowa or Michigan? That does not usually hold. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies