Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2019, 12:31:22 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter)
  Internal poll megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: Internal poll megathread  (Read 61100 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 18, 2016, 07:50:53 am »

Not too worried about the Senate, the 538 model has the Democrats chances now in the 70's to reclaim the body.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #376 on: October 18, 2016, 07:53:02 am »

If their polls are showing huge margins for Hillary Clinton and their Republican Senate candidates within the MoE, they're assuming a large number of Republicans disaffected with Trump will show up on Election Day anyway to cast a vote against Trump and then vote R downballot. A questionable assumption.

Does this theory impress you at all? So far, I see little evidence myself of down ballot damage to Pubs arising from the Trump tanking.

Oh, I can easily imagine that Republican senators have some benefit from looking moderate next to Trump. I'm also thinking that presidential candidates aside, this election was likely to favor Republicans because Obama is coming off of two turns. The fact we're discussing D gains of only 4-5 seats with a reasonable Hillary win in a cycle where Rs are defending 24 seats to the Dems' 10 proves that. For me, it's all about who actually shows up to vote, and who stays home.  
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #377 on: October 18, 2016, 07:55:44 am »

Not too worried about the Senate, the 538 model has the Democrats chances now in the 70's to reclaim the body.
Umm... if there's a 30% chance of rain, are you going to drive 2 hours to the beach?
HillOfANight
YaBB God
« Reply #378 on: October 18, 2016, 12:21:20 pm »

https://twitter.com/skoczela/status/788417182996783104

Img

Trump down 14 in New Hampshire, down 11 in Pennsylvania. Probably exaggerated BS but still.
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #379 on: October 18, 2016, 12:56:25 pm »

Senate republicans have shared internal polls to the National Review and some of the results are interesting

According to these polls
Clinton +14 in NH
Clinton +11 in PA
Clinton nar­rowly beats Trump in AZ
Trump +2 in MO

And senate
f the sev­en most com­pet­it­ive Sen­ate races, Re­pub­lic­ans are cling­ing to leads in six (Pennsylvania, Mis­souri, New Hamp­shire, Flor­ida, In­di­ana, and North Car­o­lina), and barely trail­ing in a sev­enth (Nevada).

What are your thoughts? Belieavable?
Ebsy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #380 on: October 18, 2016, 01:03:13 pm »

The Senate numbers are probably actually worse than that.
Gass3268
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #381 on: October 18, 2016, 02:17:08 pm »

It really feels like the right is trying to push this message that their Senate candidates are hanging on, which makes me think that it's starting to slip away.
IA less likely to flip than OH/TX/FL/GA/NC/AZ
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #382 on: October 18, 2016, 02:42:08 pm »

Clinton will win definitely East Vermont/NH by more than 10. A 14-point lead is very plausible.
swf541
YaBB God

« Reply #383 on: October 18, 2016, 02:42:29 pm »

It really feels like the right is trying to push this message that their Senate candidates are hanging on, which makes me think that it's starting to slip away.

Very much so
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #384 on: October 18, 2016, 03:09:40 pm »

Senate republicans have shared internal polls to the National Review and some of the results are interesting

According to these polls
Clinton +14 in NH
Clinton +11 in PA
Trump +2 in MO

And senate
f the sev­en most com­pet­it­ive Sen­ate races, Re­pub­lic­ans are cling­ing to leads in six (Pennsylvania, Mis­souri, New Hamp­shire, Flor­ida, In­di­ana, and North Car­o­lina), and barely trail­ing in a sev­enth (Nevada).

Question is, will NH and PA be called at poll closing? If they are, we know what type of night it's going to be.
GeorgiaModerate
YaBB God

« Reply #385 on: October 18, 2016, 03:16:18 pm »

According to these polls
Clinton +14 in NH
Clinton +11 in PA
Trump +2 in MO

And senate

Question is, will NH and PA be called at poll closing? If they are, we know what type of night it's going to be.

For President, probably both will be called immediately.  For Senate, neither.
swf541
YaBB God

« Reply #386 on: October 18, 2016, 03:18:45 pm »

According to these polls
Clinton +14 in NH
Clinton +11 in PA
Trump +2 in MO

And senate

For President, probably both will be called immediately.  For Senate, neither.

Probably,  bigger question is do the senate races get classified as too early to call or too close to call
Dom. Pol. Councilor Dwarven Dragon
Wulfric
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 1.22

P P P

« Reply #387 on: October 18, 2016, 05:24:33 pm »

Got a fundraising email from Johnson today. One section of interest:

In a recent poll conducted by The Terrance Group and Lake Research Partners, we have reached 20% in key Central Plains states. Notably, we are also polling at 17% in Clinton's "home" state of New York and 12% in mountain states.

Ebsy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #388 on: October 18, 2016, 05:26:27 pm »

In a recent poll conducted by The Terrance Group and Lake Research Partners, we have reached 20% in key Central Plains states. Notably, we are also polling at 17% in Clinton's "home" state of New York and 12% in mountain states.

lol
Gass3268
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #389 on: October 18, 2016, 05:26:35 pm »

This is from the GWU poll.
Castro
Castro2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #390 on: October 18, 2016, 05:51:23 pm »

Erick Erickson ‏@EWErickson  4m4 minutes ago
Washington Post has Clinton up 4 in Georgia.  Internal GOP polling has her up 5 in Georgia.
Lok
lok1999
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #391 on: October 18, 2016, 05:52:44 pm »

Washington Post has Clinton up 4 in Georgia.  Internal GOP polling has her up 5 in Georgia.
RIP GOP IN GA
dspNY
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #392 on: October 18, 2016, 05:56:12 pm »

Img
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #393 on: October 18, 2016, 05:58:11 pm »

i start wondering if the point of those polls is to wake up GOP base through sheer shock.
heatcharger
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #394 on: October 18, 2016, 06:00:24 pm »

I really wanna believe it... but the Clinton campaign has clearly signaled that the state isn't worth the time and effort. I'd like to see a quality public pollster release something.
GeorgiaModerate
YaBB God

« Reply #395 on: October 18, 2016, 06:05:13 pm »

I really wanna believe it... but the Clinton campaign has clearly signaled that the state isn't worth the time and effort. I'd like to see a quality public pollster release something.

Anecdotally: I voted after work today in Forsyth County.  There was no wait, and perhaps a third of the voting machines were occupied.  The poll worker I asked said they'd had a steady stream, but it never got busy enough to require a line.  For comparison, when I voted early in 2012 there was a very long backup (same county, but different location).
dspNY
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #396 on: October 18, 2016, 06:07:38 pm »

Priorities USA is going up with TV and radio ads in GA
heatcharger
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #397 on: October 18, 2016, 06:17:06 pm »

Anecdotally: I voted after work today in Forsyth County.  There was no wait, and perhaps a third of the voting machines were occupied.  The poll worker I asked said they'd had a steady stream, but it never got busy enough to require a line.  For comparison, when I voted early in 2012 there was a very long backup (same county, but different location).

Well that's quite interesting. If Trump can't hold Romney's margins in the Atlanta exurbs, then he's probably at risk of losing Gwinnett and maybe Cobb County. There are enough potential Clinton voters to turn the state blue, but it's pretty late in the game to a make serious effort to make it happen.
HillOfANight
YaBB God
« Reply #398 on: October 18, 2016, 06:24:21 pm »

https://twitter.com/guycecil/status/788489977512333312
The PAC is going into Georgia!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.16, S: -6.52

« Reply #399 on: October 18, 2016, 06:26:12 pm »

Erick Erickson ‏@EWErickson  4m4 minutes ago
Washington Post has Clinton up 4 in Georgia.  Internal GOP polling has her up 5 in Georgia.

https://twitter.com/guycecil/status/788489977512333312
The PAC is going into Georgia!

I'm glad I don't live somewhere with segregated radio. Then again, I suppose it's one of the only ways to ensure minority groups get their fair share of air time.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies