Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2019, 01:51:31 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter)
  Internal poll megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: Internal poll megathread  (Read 60835 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: November 01, 2016, 10:13:17 am »

Which sounds kinda like PPP does.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #551 on: November 01, 2016, 10:17:00 am »

@JohnJHarwood  5s6 seconds ago

top GOP pollster: "Trump recovering, not enough to dig out of hole. superior HRC data/digital/GOTV too much to overcome. GOP holds Senate."

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/793470712287748097

Is it not the same person that "a former FBI agent says anonymously"?.. Roll Eyes

I mean why the hell would they spread bad news to depress their own pubs? If Trump will lose in landslide, GOP will lose senate as well.

Sorry, but it doesn't make any sense, does it? Huh
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #552 on: November 01, 2016, 10:19:06 am »

I'm reporting possible leaks, nothing more. It passes the logic test and Harwood's a good journo. You and everyone else can do what you want with it.
elcorazon
YaBB God

« Reply #553 on: November 01, 2016, 10:23:25 am »

top GOP pollster: "Trump recovering, not enough to dig out of hole. superior HRC data/digital/GOTV too much to overcome. GOP holds Senate."

Is it not the same person that "a former FBI agent says anonymously"?.. Roll Eyes

I mean why the hell would they spread bad news to depress their own pubs? If Trump will lose in landslide, GOP will lose senate as well.

where do you see landslide in this comment. They think the firewall states will all fall short, but they still think they can win senate races in MO, NC, IN, NV which would hold Senate. Not really that complicated.
Edgar Suit Larry
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #554 on: November 01, 2016, 10:28:42 am »

where do you see landslide in this comment. They think the firewall states will all fall short, but they still think they can win senate races in MO, NC, IN, NV which would hold Senate. Not really that complicated.

If they win all their firewall races and lose all their non-firewall races (except Bayh), that gives them 50.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #555 on: November 01, 2016, 10:34:00 am »

I ment that stating this fact might depress voters which may lead to landslide. What would happen, do you think, if "Democrat top pollster" would say the same? Would it not derpess D-voters?
Castro
Castro2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #556 on: November 01, 2016, 10:48:50 am »

This top GOP pollster might be Tony Fabrizio, who linked to Harwood's tweet and said:

Tony Fabrizio
‏@TonyFabrizioGOP Tony Fabrizio Retweeted John Harwood
What if the turnout models are wrong and turnout looks more like 2014 than it does 2012?
Edgar Suit Larry
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #557 on: November 01, 2016, 10:53:16 am »

This top GOP pollster might be Tony Fabrizio, who linked to Harwood's tweet and said:

Tony Fabrizio
‏@TonyFabrizioGOP Tony Fabrizio Retweeted John Harwood
What if the turnout models are wrong and turnout looks more like 2014 than it does 2012?

Then maybe Trump wins NC, Nevada and Florida by 3, Colorado, Michigan, and Wisconsin by 1.5-2.0. Loses Virginia and New Hampshire by 1. Wins Ohio and Iowa by 8-10.
It turns out to be a very 2004ish election. May not be a significant change in Congress.
elcorazon
YaBB God

« Reply #558 on: November 01, 2016, 10:58:32 am »

I ment that stating this fact might depress voters which may lead to landslide. What would happen, do you think, if "Democrat top pollster" would say the same? Would it not derpess D-voters?
or maybe they didn't mean for it to be public. I gotta say not many undecided voters are reading John Harwood's twitter.
AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #559 on: November 01, 2016, 11:54:36 am »

I'm reporting possible leaks, nothing more. It passes the logic test and Harwood's a good journo. You and everyone else can do what you want with it.
...A total hack that has been proven to be a mouthpiece of HRC campaign as if we needed proof. 
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #560 on: November 01, 2016, 11:57:36 am »

...A total hack that has been proven to be a mouthpiece of HRC campaign as if we needed proof. 

Well, you're (to say the least) quite an extreme partisan, so I'm not terribly worried about your opinion when I'm seeking to find the current reality of the race. Like I said, here's the message, it jibes more or less with what we've actually seen in the numbers so far (not saying anything of what's to come). Take it or leave it.
Ozymandias

« Reply #561 on: November 01, 2016, 12:10:37 pm »

Not sure if these will be public polls so posting them here...

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls  7m7 minutes ago Raleigh, NC
Just got out of field in 2 Midwestern states we tracked a week ago- margin unchanged in one, Hillary actually doing 2 points better in other
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #562 on: November 01, 2016, 12:14:16 pm »

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls  7m7 minutes ago Raleigh, NC
Just got out of field in 2 Midwestern states we tracked a week ago- margin unchanged in one, Hillary actually doing 2 points better in other

Hmm. I wonder if their earlier statement was more a gut feeling of the tweeter based on other info rather than their own. Until they actually release anything, impossible to say. Good to hear, though.
Ebsy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #563 on: November 01, 2016, 12:28:20 pm »

Oddly the Senate polls have been moving in the opposite direction.
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #564 on: November 01, 2016, 12:28:56 pm »

Huh
Edgar Suit Larry
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #565 on: November 01, 2016, 12:29:25 pm »

Think a lot of Republicans are getting behind the McGinties, Rosses, Hassans as a hedge against holding their nose for teh Donald?
HannibalLecter
anti_trump

« Reply #566 on: November 01, 2016, 12:32:45 pm »

In other words, a decent human being
AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #567 on: November 01, 2016, 12:37:53 pm »

Well, you're (to say the least) quite an extreme partisan, so I'm not terribly worried about your opinion when I'm seeking to find the current reality of the race. Like I said, here's the message, it jibes more or less with what we've actually seen in the numbers so far (not saying anything of what's to come). Take it or leave it.
1) I'm not a partisan in any real definition of the word but whatever.  The use of the word extreme is wrong, but no one cares. 
2) It isn't my opinion, it is proven by primary source documents. 
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #568 on: November 01, 2016, 01:04:54 pm »

Once again, I'm only here to post info. Don't shoot me, please:

@rubycramer

Clinton official tells reporters en route to Fla.: "We do not see anything that would suggest that the FBI story is impacting our support."
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #569 on: November 01, 2016, 01:07:41 pm »

@rubycramer

Clinton official tells reporters en route to Fla.: "We do not see anything that would suggest that the FBI story is impacting our support."

That's all well and good and believable, Clinton official, but what also matters is if it affects Trump's support.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #570 on: November 01, 2016, 01:13:30 pm »

@rubycramer

That's all well and good and believable, Clinton official, but what also matters is if it affects Trump's support.

You're certainly not wrong about that. A 'coming home' for Rs would be the best way for T to tighten the race.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #571 on: November 01, 2016, 01:23:20 pm »

@rubycramer

No mercy!
Img
GeorgiaModerate
YaBB God

« Reply #572 on: November 01, 2016, 01:27:57 pm »
« Edited: November 01, 2016, 01:31:33 pm by GeorgiaModerate »

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls  7m7 minutes ago Raleigh, NC

Kind of as a followup to the above: I'm not sure where else to put it; maybe we need a PPP tweets thread? Wink

Big picture what we're seeing is things tightened some *last week* (GOP coming home) but don't look any worse *this week.* Clinton +3-5

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/793518731947278336
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #573 on: November 01, 2016, 01:45:30 pm »

Wow, it sounds nice, given that this is PPP Tongue
Yank2133
YaBB God

« Reply #574 on: November 01, 2016, 01:47:45 pm »

Wow, it sounds nice, given that this is PPP Tongue

Why?

PPP is a landline pollster, which generally favors the GOP.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies