Has the RNC been a f[inks]ing disaster so far?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:17:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Has the RNC been a f[inks]ing disaster so far?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Has the RNC been a f[inks]ing disaster so far?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: Has the RNC been a f[inks]ing disaster so far?  (Read 2261 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:08:19 AM »

Yes. I expect a negative bounce.

I doubt the DNC will see Bernie Sanders booed off stage.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 09:11:24 AM »

Plagiarism, white supremacy, lack of policies and vision, Nazi salute, outright negative, Cruz's non-endorsement... yes.
Redban

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 09:17:53 AM »

Plagiarism, white supremacy, lack of policies and vision, Nazi salute, outright negative, Cruz's non-endorsement... yes.

https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL%5b1%5d-ben_1468872234.pdf?mid=76323&rid=13483726

Also,

Great speeches by his sons, by Rudy Guiliani, by Mike Pence, and by Chris Christie. Aside from a few sentences, Melania's speech was fine.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:18:56 AM »

Yes. It became obvious that the Trumpster, now as the nominee, lacks support, even from his own party. It showed, that several Republicans have actually abandoned this election and that they are totally divided. The only thing they have in common is their unanimous hatred for Hillary. But that is no agenda and not enough to win the election. It does not offer a vision for the future.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 09:23:07 AM »

You betcha.

Obviously an outstanding night tonight could go a long way to making things better for trump, but who is really predicting a grand slam tonight to get them out of a 0-3 deficit?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 09:27:21 AM »

A stupid party platform doesn't tell me what kind of vision a Trump administration would have and what policies they would push to accomplish it.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 09:28:04 AM »

In retrospect how could it have been anything other than a disaster.

I never saw more than a couple of minutes of The Apprentice.  Personally I wouldn't grovel on national TV to anyone for a job let alone a blowhard like Donald Trump.  But after watching how he put together the RNC why would anyone take this guy's advice on how to run an event?

Aside from a few sentences, Melania's speech was fine.

Aside from that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play?
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 09:30:16 AM »

It's already happening!  Rasmussen has moved from +7 to +1 Trump.  Of course, Real Clear Politics is taking their sweet time to factor this into their moving average.
psychprofessor

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 09:47:15 AM »

if you're being intellectually honest, you can't think this has been anything but a complete dumpster fire.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »

I've been incredibly blown away, but if America thinks otherwise, I guess I'm wrong. I didn't think the GOP would pull off something this fun honestly!
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 10:07:43 AM »

It's already happening!  Rasmussen has moved from +7 to +1 Trump.  Of course, Real Clear Politics is taking their sweet time to factor this into their moving average.

The USC/LA Times poll is also moving towards Hillary by at least a half point every day so far. She's in the lead for the first time in that poll today.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 10:11:39 AM »

It's already happening!  Rasmussen has moved from +7 to +1 Trump.  Of course, Real Clear Politics is taking their sweet time to factor this into their moving average.
That rasmussen poll was last week.  We won't know about how the convention effected their poll until next week.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:31 AM »

Pence was fine. Other than that, I'm sure Clinton is absolutely loving it.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 11:35:44 AM »

The geniuses at RCP never even factored in the Reuters poll that had Clinton +13.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 12:21:19 PM »

Plenty of things have gone wrong so far, and the Democrats will have plenty to work with in their convention. I'll say yes.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »

Watching Morning Joe today and Joe and some others were pushing the theory that Trump is a genius and this is all part of an elaborate plan. Trump letting the Melania story fester was on purpose to create more buzz. Putting Cruz out there to not endorse was all to help unify the party with hate for Cruz and sympathy for Trump. It was all based on the notion that any press is good press. 

Not sure I buy that theory. Others in the show, notably Halperin and Heilemann weren't buying it. Although Halperin pushed the 'Trump can turn it all around with a good speech and that is all anyone will remember' line. 
MIKESOWELL
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 12:30:53 PM »

This convention has been fun for the media, extreme fun for the Democrats, and fun for the Bushes. That's about it.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »

Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that Rassmussen at +7 when no one else was even close was an outlier.

And if you believe the Reuters polling Explorer, there has been a narrowing the first few days of this convention. Of course, that Reuters junk was crazy in the other direction.

Both are to be taken with a grain of salt.

We'll have to wait for the true numbers.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 12:59:52 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2016, 01:13:59 PM by egalitt »

Trump has demonstrated that he is unable to run the convention making it clear (to many voters)  that he will not be able to run the great country.  RNC will be disastrous for his campaign, he is sure to loose in November unless something  extraordinary happens.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 01:17:00 PM »

Watching Morning Joe today and Joe and some others were pushing the theory that Trump is a genius and this is all part of an elaborate plan. Trump letting the Melania story fester was on purpose to create more buzz. Putting Cruz out there to not endorse was all to help unify the party with hate for Cruz and sympathy for Trump. It was all based on the notion that any press is good press. 

Not sure I buy that theory. Others in the show, notably Halperin and Heilemann weren't buying it. Although Halperin pushed the 'Trump can turn it all around with a good speech and that is all anyone will remember' line. 

I've stopped buying those theories long ago.  The only thing that Trump is a "genius" at is coming up with rhetoric that resonates with the disaffected.  This convention and this campaign are just like his TV shows, books, buildings, fake university, steaks, and everything else he does: they are about Trump's massive ego and putting his name on as many things as possible.

He probably didn't plan on Cruz turning on him, but he was right there to bask in the glow while the convention floor booed his adversary.  Whether it is good politics is meaningless to him.  The fame and spotlight are all he cares about.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »

Trump is a genius. Told you so.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »

Yeah, somebody needs to buy Joe an Occam's razor.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 01:21:59 PM »

This whole thread is another proof of the Dem hackery on this site.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 01:24:24 PM »

Trump has the best conventions, with the best words.

But seriously, when you have the 2nd place candidate in the GOP primaries refuse to endorse you during his RNC speech, I think we all know what the answer is...
hopper
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »

No not a disaster. Its just a pep rally for the party just like the DNC will be for the Dems next week.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies