CNN/ORC national poll: Trump 48% Clinton 45% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:37:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CNN/ORC national poll: Trump 48% Clinton 45% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN/ORC national poll: Trump 48% Clinton 45%  (Read 3937 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: July 25, 2016, 09:12:33 AM »

Disgusting that Americans would rally around the worst convention ever. F-ck this man and the voters he attracts.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 09:56:54 AM »

Disgusting that Americans would rally around the worst convention ever. F-ck this man and the voters he attracts.
Maybe the obnoxious, elitist attitudes helped drive poor whites to Trump?

Reality hurts. Just because it's elitist doesn't mean I'm wrong. If you support Donald Trump you are an apologist for racism and anti-intellectualism. Maybe you've squared it by finding things to like in his other "positions" and aren't directly racist, but what you're willing to overlook in Trump's campaign speaks volumes about your values.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 10:36:01 AM »

Except he is legitimately a bad, evil candidate. That Americans are willing to vote for him doesn't change that fact, and it's not s good reason for why he could lose.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 10:43:39 AM »

Maybe the obnoxious, elitist attitudes helped drive poor whites to Trump?

Reality hurts. Just because it's elitist doesn't mean I'm wrong. If you support Donald Trump you are an apologist for racism and anti-intellectualism. Maybe you've squared it by finding things to like in his other "positions" and aren't directly racist, but what you're willing to overlook in Trump's campaign speaks volumes about your values.

This is true, but it still wouldn't hurt to be a little more compassionate.

Maybe you don't belong to a minority group (I don't know), but it actually could hurt to show compassion. I'm not in the business of legitimizing bigotry or bigoted rhetoric. These people are, and it hurts people who could find themselves on the other end of it.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 12:59:29 PM »

That's pretty weak for a post convention. +3 is not necessarily what we see post convention, usually it's about +10. The Democratic Convention will be more positive and it won't take that much to wipe out +3.

I appreciate your optimism, but...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies