Trump cancels the RNC's planned Hispanic Engagement Tour
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:45:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump cancels the RNC's planned Hispanic Engagement Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump cancels the RNC's planned Hispanic Engagement Tour  (Read 1738 times)
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 10:41:30 PM »

It's not outrageous to believe. The demographics could swing MS in the future, and Trump is no Generic R.

I've come to believe analyzing Trump's campaign movements in the way one would analyze a normal campaign's strategy is a fool's errand. Trump does things on a whim. He could be leading by +50 in Mississippi and he'd still send his son there for the hell of it, and then brag on Twitter when the rally had lower-than-expected turnout.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 11:27:24 PM »

Still awaiting more info on this "Hispanic engagement tour"
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 11:33:02 PM »

Still awaiting more info on this "Hispanic engagement tour"

It was on TRMS

A quick search brought this up, how Reince Priebus was talking about how this tour would show Trump cares about Hispanics:
http://www.latinpost.com/articles/122220/20160719/donald-trump-planning-hispanic-engagement-tour-poll-shows-support-among-latino-voters-dips-to-14-percent.htm
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 12:25:27 AM »

If he's actually campaigning in Mississippi, that's beyond sad. (Sorry, I mean.... Sad!)

He sent Donald Trump, Jr. to campaign for him in the Neshoba County Fair because he couldn't make it. On one of my local news stations, one thing they talked about was that damn rebel flag (Hint, I'm Black so naturally, I would take offense.) that's still the state flag and of course they are obsessing over it and Junior even defended the flag and disapproved of them disposing the flag at the Democratic Convention.

Later, the news station confirmed that he is coming back to Mississippi next month (Don't know why, but I wished he would stay away so that he wouldn't win it by such a large margin).

PLEASE don't leave after the election!! We are SOOOO PAINFULLY WHITE around here! Tongue

(Not joking. Please stay because your posts seem well thought out Smiley)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2016, 06:07:43 AM »

It says he will attend an event in Mississippi that could mean a fundraiser?

People go to Mississippi to find money? Where is it?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 06:20:24 AM »

What if Trump is locked in a "Springtime for Hitler" scenario?

What if he's trying to sabotage his campaign, but it keeps backfiring and his supporters refuse to desert him?

I'm starting to think that this is the only way anything Trump does makes sense. It's either "Springtime for Hitler" or Trump is really stupid.

Nah, if he truly wanted to lose, wouldn't he just call for repealing the 3 Civil War amendments outright?  I mean, that would do the trick, right?
He'd probably still get within 10 points of Hillary.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2016, 10:23:53 AM »

Before we melt down about Philadelphia, MS, remember that the Neshoba County fair is the biggest annual political event of the state. If Hillary were going to campaign in Mississippi in July, that's where she would have gone.

Still a disgrace that Trump apparently supports our "flag" though.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »

I am starting to buy into him being a DNC plant, because this makes zero sense.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2016, 10:28:56 AM »

Before we melt down about Philadelphia, MS, remember that the Neshoba County fair is the biggest annual political event of the state. If Hillary were going to campaign in Mississippi in July, that's where she would have gone.

That may be true to the residents of Mississippi, but, outside the state, the Neshoba County fair has only one major significance.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2016, 11:16:42 AM »

If he's actually campaigning in Mississippi, that's beyond sad. (Sorry, I mean.... Sad!)

He sent Donald Trump, Jr. to campaign for him in the Neshoba County Fair because he couldn't make it. On one of my local news stations, one thing they talked about was that damn rebel flag (Hint, I'm Black so naturally, I would take offense.) that's still the state flag and of course they are obsessing over it and Junior even defended the flag and disapproved of them disposing the flag at the Democratic Convention.

Later, the news station confirmed that he is coming back to Mississippi next month (Don't know why, but I wished he would stay away so that he wouldn't win it by such a large margin).

PLEASE don't leave after the election!! We are SOOOO PAINFULLY WHITE around here! Tongue

LOL!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2016, 11:22:24 AM »

I'm right here!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2016, 12:58:56 PM »

That may be true to the residents of Mississippi, but, outside the state, the Neshoba County fair has only one major significance.

Every single Mississippi politican, white or black, Republican or Democrat, no matter how conservative or liberal, campaigns at the Neshoba County Fair. I can't imagine that many people outside the state knowing that the Neshoba County Fair exists without knowing that fact.

Trump Jr. (and lots of other Republican politicians) should certainly be condemned for the things he said there, but no one should ever be condemned for going there, because there is no more natural place in Mississippi to go. The fact that it's in the same county as the civil rights murders is a coincidence.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2016, 01:06:49 PM »

Every single Mississippi politican, white or black, Republican or Democrat, no matter how conservative or liberal, campaigns at the Neshoba County Fair. I can't imagine that many people outside the state knowing that the Neshoba County Fair exists without knowing that fact.

Trump Jr. (and lots of other Republican politicians) should certainly be condemned for the things he said there, but no one should ever be condemned for going there, because there is no more natural place in Mississippi to go. The fact that it's in the same county as the civil rights murders is a coincidence.

If campaigning in Mississippi could have been explained based on normal political calculations, you would have been right. Obviously every MS politician should go the largest country fair in the state: nothing wrong there, and if it happened during the primary season so would be the case for the presidential candidates. But campaigning in MS makes no sense in a national general election. So, it can only be explained in terms of the message it sends outside of the state. Since it is hardly believable that Trump wants to send a message that he is desperately losing everywhere and is not even taking MS for granted, we have to look for some other plausible message. Nobody outside of MS has heard of Neshoba County fair. But the few people elsewhere who have heard of Philadelphia MS have heard about it in reference to a horrible racists crime (and, likely, only in reference to that). Unfortunately, this is the only plausible meaning of this campaign message that comes up to mind. It does sound like a dog whistle directed outside of MS. Like a quite call to KKK for help.

You might not like the reputation your state has in the rest of the world, but that's the reputation.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies