NH-WBUR: Hassan +10 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:03:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  NH-WBUR: Hassan +10 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-WBUR: Hassan +10  (Read 2954 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:14:40 AM »

Climbing Maggie is in the mesosphere now.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 05:48:43 PM »

Kirk and Johnson combined have a better chance of winning than Ayotte. Safe D.

Likely D. Republicans need to get out of here and Wisconsin, and focus on winnable races.

Usually we agree 100%, but why Likely D? Rating it "Likely" D implies that there is a chance, however small it may be, that Ayotte can win this race. Not going to happen, even if Trump wins the presidency in a landslide.
While Ayotte is toast, I think that the loss will be within 5-6 points. Ayotte is losing, but since Scott Brown was still within 2-3 points, Ayotte will underperform only slightly (taking the Presidential Election and Hillary on top of the ticket into account). In about 15 years, though, New Hampshire margins will be Vermont margins, more or less. Many people here somehow think rating = margin. I said "likely" instead of safe to avoid pissing off those who somehow think New Hampshire is still a swing state, and I guess I fear the small off chance that we're wrong.

I almost want Ayotte to win (in a competitive environment,) just to see how you guys will react. Tongue I'm not guessing that it will happen, but I imagine it'd be funny.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies