CT-Gov: Visconti In
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:29:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT-Gov: Visconti In
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT-Gov: Visconti In  (Read 698 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Joe-Visconti-For-Governor-2018-1354988127867050/

Lord help us
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:40:56 PM »

Luke Bronin, Susan Bysiewicz, and Daniel C. Esty are three people I would like to see run for the Democrats.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »

Lolk
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 04:07:27 PM »

I probably should explain:
Esty in particular served in Malloy's Cabinet and is considered a radical centrist, while Bysiewicz lost the Senate primary in 2012 to Chris Murphy, who ran to her left. Bronin hasn't taken any extreme positions and has done a good job as Mayor. I'd like to see any of them on the top or bottom of the ticket.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »

Esty in particular served in Malloy's Cabinet and is considered a radical centrist, while Bysiewicz lost the Senate primary in 2012 to Chris Murphy, who ran to her left. Bronin hasn't taken any extreme positions and has done a good job as Mayor. I'd like to see any of them on the top or bottom of the ticket.

Oh I was posting in response to the topic subject, not to your post. Whoops.

Many people I know in state politics dislike Bysiewicz, and I'd be surprised if she gets anywhere anytime soon.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 04:58:25 PM »

Many people I know in state politics dislike Bysiewicz, and I'd be surprised if she gets anywhere anytime soon.

Why is Bysiewicz objectionable?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »

Why is Bysiewicz objectionable?

I probably can't answer that without bias since many of the people I know are Murphyites, but her conduct is considered shady and unprofessional.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 09:07:47 PM »

I don't know anything about CT politics, but I just want to say that "Visconti" always reminds me of Renaissance Italy. Specifically Machiavelli.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 09:45:28 PM »

I don't know anything about CT politics, but I just want to say that "Visconti" always reminds me of Renaissance Italy. Specifically Machiavelli.

He ran in 2014 as an indie. The CT GOP yelled at him enough that he was going to be a spoiler, so he withdrew a couple days before, but was still on the ballot. Needless to say, had he never run, it would have at least been as close as 2010 either way.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 11:13:22 PM »

Visconti's running? Damnit...guy's a jackass.  Ran for CT Senate this year, and spread some pretty bad lies about Republican incumbent (and personal friend) State Senator Tony Hwang.  Nevertheless, Hwang won re-election by a large margin.  :-/
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 11:15:56 PM »

Just some inside news for ya....it appears the aforementioned Tony Hwang is getting ready to launch a bid for governor himself.  And if you heard his victory speech on election night, then you know that the guy looks and sounds like a great pick for that post.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies