IL: Kirk Slightly ahead in Internal despite large Clinton lead in same poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:42:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  IL: Kirk Slightly ahead in Internal despite large Clinton lead in same poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IL: Kirk Slightly ahead in Internal despite large Clinton lead in same poll  (Read 1779 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 12:09:48 AM »

I'm actually pretty curious about TNVol's political views. From what I can tell (and based off his PM score), he's slightly left leaning, but mostly votes for Republicans because he prioritizes being pro-life and being against angry NH women? Correct me if I'm wrong here. Tongue

But, if that is the case, Republicans shouldn't be so cocky. They'd be on the ropes as a party without the single issue pro-life voters.

If the GOP gave up on life, millions of people like me would find a new political home- either the Constitution Party or a new party.

The GOP won't give up being pro-life, and they shouldn't.  However, it's high time that religious conservatives stop acting like they're the only ones who matter in the party and recognize that the Republican Party is still the natural home for the business community and more affluent Americans; if this coalition is going to last, they need to accept that "fiscal conservatives" who don't much care for divisive social issues are an important part of it.
Totally agree.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 10:30:02 AM »

I mean, Kirk is basically running as a Democrat. I've always said that he won't be easy to beat, even though I despise him.

The poll and the comparison with the Clinton/Trump poll mean nothing unless we know what, if any, questions were asked before those surveyed were asked about Kirk/Duckworth.

^^Also true.

How in the  is he running as a Democrat?!  Being a Republican is as much about lowering the tax burden, decreasing harmful regulation and rewarding economic success as having a Southern accent and talking about church, especially in IL.  This isn't Dixie, thank God.

Don't you live in Iowa?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 11:04:18 AM »

I mean, Kirk is basically running as a Democrat. I've always said that he won't be easy to beat, even though I despise him.

The poll and the comparison with the Clinton/Trump poll mean nothing unless we know what, if any, questions were asked before those surveyed were asked about Kirk/Duckworth.

^^Also true.

How in the  is he running as a Democrat?!  Being a Republican is as much about lowering the tax burden, decreasing harmful regulation and rewarding economic success as having a Southern accent and talking about church, especially in IL.  This isn't Dixie, thank God.

Don't you live in Iowa?

Yeah, but as my friends will tell you I identify as an Illinoisan culturally, family-wise, etc. Wink
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2016, 11:12:00 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2016, 11:17:18 AM by Mr. Illini »

^^Also true.

How in the  is he running as a Democrat?!  Being a Republican is as much about lowering the tax burden, decreasing harmful regulation and rewarding economic success as having a Southern accent and talking about church, especially in IL.  This isn't Dixie, thank God.

Don't you live in Iowa?

Yeah, but as my friends will tell you I identify as an Illinoisan culturally, family-wise, etc. Wink

Well, considering that Trump won Lake and DuPage counties, I would say that the old idea of the moderate, tempered Illinois Republican is withering.

Some certainly still exist - this is coming from a Lake County native whose parents both voted for Kasich and who knows one single Trump primary voter out of a dozen or two GOP primary voters in total.

Some of them will vote for Trump. Some will vote for Clinton. Some will not vote. All of them are lost and confused in the current political landscape.

They are raising kids that are voting for Democrats. I am one of them, as is my sister.

It's not their fault, as they didn't leave the party. The party left them. And oh, did it leave them, looking at 2016. Kasich didn't even finish in second.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 01:41:50 PM »

I'm actually pretty curious about TNVol's political views. From what I can tell (and based off his PM score), he's slightly left leaning, but mostly votes for Republicans because he prioritizes being pro-life and being against angry NH women? Correct me if I'm wrong here. Tongue

But, if that is the case, Republicans shouldn't be so cocky. They'd be on the ropes as a party without the single issue pro-life voters.

If the GOP gave up on life, millions of people like me would find a new political home- either the Constitution Party or a new party.

The GOP won't give up being pro-life, and they shouldn't.  However, it's high time that religious conservatives stop acting like they're the only ones who matter in the party and recognize that the Republican Party is still the natural home for the business community and more affluent Americans; if this coalition is going to last, they need to accept that "fiscal conservatives" who don't much care for divisive social issues are an important part of it.
Totally agree.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 11:05:39 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wow! Hopefully Duckworth keeps talking about the Iran Deal.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2016, 01:32:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wow! Hopefully Duckworth keeps talking about the Iran Deal.
The NRSC also appears to be picking up signs that this race is not over yet, and may come help Kirk. I want a PPP poll of this race.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies