GA - Atlanta Journal Constitution: Clinton +4 / Clinton +3 (w/ Third Parties) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:32:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  GA - Atlanta Journal Constitution: Clinton +4 / Clinton +3 (w/ Third Parties) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA - Atlanta Journal Constitution: Clinton +4 / Clinton +3 (w/ Third Parties)  (Read 5569 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 05, 2016, 09:24:57 AM »

False. Democrats don't show leads in August in Georgia and Republicans never show 4 point leads in NJ.

Exactly. There is no Democratic parallel to Georgia. I thought it would be like Virginia 2004 this year, but it's looking more like 2008 the closer we get.

Looks like Seriously? is sweating like a dog that his state could vote for the red avatar party.
Yeah, Governor Jason Carter agrees with you. As does Senator Michelle Nunn.

Congrats! You have a lead in August after your convention. I'm sweating like a pig.

Do you really think that I don't know politics in this state like the back of my  hand?

I would expect you to know that a Presidential race is not a Senatorial or Governor race, but I think that it may be asking to much of you.  
I would expect you to recognize polling patterns in a state, but that would be asking too much of you.

True, Romney was leading all polls by at least high-single digits in 2012 and McCain led all post-convention polls in 2008. Considering these polling patterns, Mr. Drumpf is in deep trouble. Even if he wins GA by a small margin, it’s bad sign for the national trend. Unless he carries GA decisively (meaning by more than around seven points), he’s supposed to lose general election by a larger margin than Romney.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 09:39:11 AM »

Clinton should invest in Georgia.

I am going to be cautiously optimistic and say that this still slightly leans R, but Clinton should invest here.

Sure. And AZ as well. Force Drumpf to use his few resources on defense. If he loses one of them, he’s done no matter what happens in FL, OH or PA (which would likely be won by Hillary in such a case). She should also attempt to win as big as possible.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 09:40:20 AM »

False. Democrats don't show leads in August in Georgia and Republicans never show 4 point leads in NJ.

Exactly. There is no Democratic parallel to Georgia. I thought it would be like Virginia 2004 this year, but it's looking more like 2008 the closer we get.

Looks like Seriously? is sweating like a dog that his state could vote for the red avatar party.
Yeah, Governor Jason Carter agrees with you. As does Senator Michelle Nunn.

Congrats! You have a lead in August after your convention. I'm sweating like a pig.

Do you really think that I don't know politics in this state like the back of my  hand?

I would expect you to know that a Presidential race is not a Senatorial or Governor race, but I think that it may be asking to much of you.  
I would expect you to recognize polling patterns in a state, but that would be asking too much of you.

Except for the fact that 2012 Georgia polls were R friendly, and you seem to be ignoring that and pointing to midterms. Yes, they may have had a D bias in 2014, but 2016 it's a different election (a presidential election), so 2012 polls would probably be a more accurate representation of this year's polling bias. And as for this specific pollster's history, it did not predict a Carter or Nunn victory.
I just know how this state works.

With that said, I would look at any poll right after the DNC (or RNC for that matter) with anything other than the requisite amount of healthy skepticism.

Is it possible that Hillary! leads Georgia on August 5? Yes. Is it likely that lead will hold? No.

Just as much as your hero knows about foreign policy?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies