Will Gary Johnson crack 5% of the PV?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:08:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Gary Johnson crack 5% of the PV?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Will Gary Johnson crack 5% of the PV?  (Read 1273 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 11:35:32 PM »

Highly doubtful, tho circumstances do favor him doing the best in the PV that a Libertarian presidential candidate has ever done. He might even equal or exceed the Libertarian EV total if there are some faithless Trump electors.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2016, 11:39:15 PM »

Highly doubtful, tho circumstances do favor him doing the best in the PV that a Libertarian presidential candidate has ever done.

Of course, the best PV ever was only 1.07% in 1980--and that's also the second best raw PV total (921,128, with Johnson getting 1.2 million in 2012)--so "best PV ever" is kind of a low bar.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2016, 12:07:43 AM »

Highly doubtful, tho circumstances do favor him doing the best in the PV that a Libertarian presidential candidate has ever done.

Of course, the best PV ever was only 1.07% in 1980--and that's also the second best raw PV total (921,128, with Johnson getting 1.2 million in 2012)--so "best PV ever" is kind of a low bar.

The LP probably will break that low bar, though. They have the most qualified ticket they've ever had, and the two most intensely disliked major party candidates in history.
hopper
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 12:52:48 AM »

Probably 3% of the vote. I will be one in the 3% vote that votes for Johnson for the second consecutive election!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2016, 02:00:44 AM »

I doubt it. I think he gets 2-3%.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2016, 06:24:46 PM »

Going with 9-11%.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »

I think he'll beat Nader 2000, but fall short of 5%.
defe07

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2016, 08:05:06 PM »

It all depends on his current polling numbers. If he gets into all 3 debates and he has a wave of bucks and endorsements funneling his way, he can be in the 20's and could swing the election to the House and get many EV. If he doesn't get into the debates, he'll end up with numbers between Anderson 1980 and Perot 1996 numbers. Smiley
OwlRhetoric

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 08:23:10 PM »

I don't see how third party numbers don't collapse without debate access. And that access is looking extremely unlikely right now unless Johnson can magically gain 5% over the next month to start averaging what he needs. He isn't getting even 5% without a national stage.
defe07

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2016, 10:36:21 PM »

I don't see how third party numbers don't collapse without debate access. And that access is looking extremely unlikely right now unless Johnson can magically gain 5% over the next month to start averaging what he needs. He isn't getting even 5% without a national stage.

Pretty much this. Johnson is starting to get endorsements from sitting Congress members and is starting to get some dough. He needs to hit the campaign trail and hit the big and small states. Focus on trying to sway undecideds in the big safe D/R states to have his poll numbers go up while campaigning hard in small states like Utah to try and make a dent in the EV. I know President Forever is no reflection of political reality but its the strategy I'd use.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2016, 01:13:48 AM »

Pretty much this. Johnson is starting to get endorsements from sitting Congress members and is starting to get some dough. He needs to hit the campaign trail and hit the big and small states. Focus on trying to sway undecideds in the big safe D/R states to have his poll numbers go up while campaigning hard in small states like Utah to try and make a dent in the EV. I know President Forever is no reflection of political reality but its the strategy I'd use.

He had campaign rallies in Reno (I went to that one!) and SLC over the weekend. He'll be having rallies in Las Vegas, Denver, and Albuquerque in the near future.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies